PDA

View Full Version : Questions about vaccinations???

Heather78418
10-13-2006, 09:34 PM
What is the normal behavior for a cat after shots?? I mean a three month old kitten.

krazyaboutkatz
10-13-2006, 09:48 PM
From my experience, it can make them lethargic for the rest of the day. Some kittens won't act any differently. I also think that it depends on what kind of shots they received. I remember that when I was at K & L's house and my Pearl was given some shots, she was very sleepy the rest of the day and wasn't hungry either. By the next day she was more active so I'm glad it didn't last long. My Ziggy Stardust hasn't showed any reactions to her shots. I guess it depends on the kitten and how sensitive they are to shots. I hope that your kitten isn't having a bad reaction. If so please call your vet.

Heather78418
10-13-2006, 10:25 PM
I hope that he is just mad at me right now and its not a bad reaction. He just seems moody. He doesnt want me too close right now. I dont know . My husband said wait and see how he is in the morning , so I gues we will try that.

Freedom
10-14-2006, 07:59 AM
Each cat responds differently in my experience, too. Some seem to feel fine, but want NOTHING to do with me for a day or two. I became a "traitor," and they have to decide when I am forgiven, ha ha. Others do react to the shot, and sleep or get sluggish for a 24 period. Others just don't want me touching anywhere behind their shoulders for a few days. I don't know if that is because the shot site is sore, or because they are wary of another shot coming along! And it is not just the shots, but also the stress of the vet visit, the carrier experience, the ride in the car. All that stress can tire them out too. So there is lot going on and it normally passes in a day or so. Good luck and call your vet if you are concerned!

Laura's Babies
10-14-2006, 10:25 AM
The first couple of times mine got their shots, they came home and I felt so sorry for them, they just felt so bad that they just laid there, didn't play, eat or want to be held.

Samantha was in such bad shape when I first got (malnourished and ate up with fleas) her that I thought the shots were going to kill her. She didn't move for 2 days and cried in pain when I touched her.. Scared me to death!

Heather78418
10-14-2006, 10:42 AM
Thank You so much. He was just mad last night. This morning he woke me up at 6:00 am for some attention and since then he has been a sweetie . Thank everyone here for advice .This site is so cool.

Laura's Babies
10-14-2006, 10:50 AM
This is a great place always so don't run off and forget about it. Everyone here is as helpful as can be and usually, no matter the question, somebody here has experience and can answer it. If you are a new pet owner, you may have many questions and this is the place to ask them as your new baby grows. Welcome to PT!!!