PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for Tigger (UPDATE 10-16-06)

catlover4ever
10-13-2006, 11:10 AM
Please see her memorial thread :(

Tigger's Memorial (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=114739)

Thank you all again for your thoughts and prayers.....I really appreciate them.

This should probally go in Cat Health but I wanted to put it here instead.

For the last 3 days Tigger has been declining. She has stopped bathing and is eating and drinking very little. It has been in the back of my mind since yesterday that something is very wrong.

Tigger has always been a very tiny cat...you can always feel her spine but yesterday it was different...I could feel every bone in her spine and back end. She has always slept between Mark and I and last night she did not move from the couch.

I called the vet this morning and I have just returned....she is full of cancer. Her intestines and spleen, there is nothing surgically or chemotherapy wise that can be done. I had Dr. Berard do x-rays and blood work to see where we stand with that and then I will make the decision after that. I left Tigger at the vets to get some sub-q fluids and I will go back to bring her home tonight....I want as much time left with her as possible.

I'm crushed. I can not stop crying. I have had Tigger for 13 years...she is my Princess.

Could I please ask for some good thoughts and prayers for her and for me as well. I know that I will not let her suffer, but I need to find the courage to let her go.

Thanks Meg and Tigger
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid112/p46f20ffb5eed8cc4102f1d91eaf819c9/f90704ee.jpg

prechrswife
10-13-2006, 11:15 AM
I'm so sorry... (((((Hugs)))))

Maresche
10-13-2006, 11:17 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about Princess Tigger. I wish you both peace and comfort in her remaining time.

When the time comes you will know and you'll find the strength to do right by her.

Prayers, Good Thoughts and Hugs to you Meg!

kb2yjx
10-13-2006, 11:22 AM
I am so sorry to read about your precious Tigger. We had to make THE decision about our Ralph Syracuse who had intestinal lymphoma earlier this year. It is NEVER easy to do. But we let them go because we love them so and do not want them to suffer. You will do the right thing. Many prayers for Tigger and you. ((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))too!!!

krazyaboutkatz
10-13-2006, 11:44 AM
Meg, I'm so sorry to hear about Tigger.:( I hope that you'll be able to make her more comfortable in whatever time you have left with her. I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Catty1
10-13-2006, 12:16 PM
She has the SWEETEST cutest face! What a love! And what a long and happy life she has had with you - none better.

I said to Dusty's People - if being totally loved could cure our furbabies, none would get ill.

I am so sorry for you...I hope your vet is a kind person. When it is time for Tigger to go, sometimes the vet will come to your house, so she is comfortable.

HUGS. My heart hurts for you.

AbbyMom
10-13-2006, 12:32 PM
Hugs for you. It's so hard to do the right thing. It hurts so much. But we all know they depend on us to do the right thing for them because we love them.

I'm so sorry.

RedHedd
10-13-2006, 12:43 PM
Hugs going out to you and Tigger. It's hard when they get so sick. I know - I went through kitty cancer with Goldie. Treasure all the time you have left with her.

Laura's Babies
10-13-2006, 12:51 PM
I am so sorry. If only we could have them forever....... ((((((HUGS))))))

Barbara
10-13-2006, 12:51 PM
Hugs and love to you and Tigger. I hope she'll be ok for a short time to come to say goodbye.

Freedom
10-13-2006, 01:16 PM
She is SO sweet in that photo from May! I think we have all had to deal with this difficult situation; it never gets any easier, I have done it 5 times over 12 years. It is such a shock in this case, the symptoms developed so suddenly. You need some time to adjust to the circumstances. She has had a grand time with you, only well cared for pets live so long! You will know when the time is right.

Edwina's Secretary
10-13-2006, 01:23 PM
Tears are falling for you.....

kimlovescats
10-13-2006, 01:38 PM
Oh Meg, I am SO VERY SORRY!!!!! :( :( :( I pray that you and Tigger can spend some special moments together, and that you will find the proper time to say your goodbyes. It will be so very hard, I know!

((((((((((BIG HUGS)))))))))))))
Kim :(

catlover4ever
10-13-2006, 01:53 PM
Thank you all so much for your kind words and thoughts....it's having to let her go that is so difficult for me, but I always said that I would not be selfish and keep any of my babies around just because it was what I wanted or needed. I am going to leave work early to go get her, bring her home, cuddle with her so much she will probally get sick of me, and take some wonderful pictures with her.

She has been away from her beloved brother Tony for 7 years....she will see and be reunited with him soon and I will cry for days and days...but it's the right thing to do.

I am so very grateful that I have the support of my PT friends with me. Thank you.

Terminalvelocity
10-13-2006, 02:20 PM
What a beautiful girl she is. I'm hoping you'll have many more days to hold her and tell her you love her. When the time comes, be happy that you could give her this last gift.. letting her go. God bless you both.

jenluckenbach
10-13-2006, 03:30 PM
I am so sad for you. {{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}

Prayers for an easy passing at the right time.

Zippy
10-13-2006, 04:21 PM
I am so sorry.(((HUGS)))
You and Tigger will be in my prayers.

catmandu
10-13-2006, 07:06 PM
That Truly Is The Moment That All Pet Lovers Dread, When Your Vet Says That Theres No Hope.
I Have Sadly Experience That Several Times, And Its Harder Every Time.we Know How Much Tigger Means To You, And We Know When The Time Comes You Will Let Her Go, And Be Without Pain.
Our Prayers Are Coming To You Both.

Grace
10-13-2006, 07:08 PM
Prayers for as long as you need them. I'm so very sorry to hear about Tigger.

MBones
10-13-2006, 08:33 PM
What a beautiful Tigger you have. My eyes are tearing up for you and your precious companion. I was in your shoes about 3 months ago and know how difficult it is. You have given Tigger a wonderful home with love and companionship; she has been a very blessed kitty who has brought you enormous joy. This is the part of pet ownership that is the hardest for all of us. My thoughts are with you and Tigger so that her passing may be peaceful and your sorrow lessened.

{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}

moosmom
10-13-2006, 08:51 PM
Oh Meg, I'm so sorry to hear about Tigger. :( We are here for you honey. Take that special time with her and love her like you have for 13 years. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. You've got my number if you want to talk.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-13-2006, 09:50 PM
I'm so sorry, Meg. Tigger is not the kitty of yours that I would have expected prayers for, but since she and you need them, you can be sure they are on their way.

I'm hoping you have a good last few days with her and then rejoice that she will be reunited with her beloved Tony.

:( :( :( {{{{hugs}}}}

trayi52
10-13-2006, 10:18 PM
I'm so sorry, Meg. I will be praying for Tigger and you. Also sending lots of good thoughts too.

Lots of Hugs,
Willie

jazzcat
10-13-2006, 10:45 PM
Meg I'm so sorry. You and Tigger will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Craftlady
10-13-2006, 11:06 PM
Tigger has such a sweet face, that did me in after reading the post. Thoughts and prayers are with you and your hubby.

Dorothy39
10-13-2006, 11:35 PM
This should probally go in Cat Health but I wanted to put it here instead.

For the last 3 days Tigger has been declining. She has stopped bathing and is eating and drinking very little. It has been in the back of my mind since yesterday that something is very wrong.

Tigger has always been a very tiny cat...you can always feel her spine but yesterday it was different...I could feel every bone in her spine and back end. She has always slept between Mark and I and last night she did not move from the couch.

I called the vet this morning and I have just returned....she is full of cancer. Her intestines and spleen, there is nothing surgically or chemotherapy wise that can be done. I had Dr. Berard do x-rays and blood work to see where we stand with that and then I will make the decision after that. I left Tigger at the vets to get some sub-q fluids and I will go back to bring her home tonight....I want as much time left with her as possible.

I'm crushed. I can not stop crying. I have had Tigger for 13 years...she is my Princess.

Could I please ask for some good thoughts and prayers for her and for me as well. I know that I will not let her suffer, but I need to find the courage to let her go.

Thanks Meg and Tigger
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid112/p46f20ffb5eed8cc4102f1d91eaf819c9/f90704ee.jpg

First of all, I am sooooo sorry, so sorry for such a blow!!!(also sorry that I haven't learned how to properly quote here :( )

I'm getting what Pet Talk people refer to as LES ( better know as Leaking Eye Syndrome)

I will , most certainly, keep you in my earnest prayers for the courage to embrace this chapter in your life with Tigger! :(

Catty1
10-13-2006, 11:37 PM
Meg....do you have the test results yet?

I hope that fluids and maybe some steroids will keep her more comfortable for a while.

If the news was bad, it's totally understandable that you aren't posting.

I just hope the tests gave you and that sweet - faced girl a little more time!

HUGS

orangemm
10-14-2006, 04:43 AM
My heart aches for you and Tigger. It's the time cat-lovers dread the most. I will pray for Tigger and you, that you both find peace. Try to enjoy the time you two have left. Tigger knows you love her, all you have to do is be there for her.

((((hugs))))

rosethecopycat
10-14-2006, 07:58 AM
I can already see that you have the strength to do what's right for Tigger. I look in Tigger's eyes and see she needs you and judgement.
May she have as many painfree and happy days as possible, and a gentle crossing, in her mama's loving arms.

Keep you eye on the prize...being reunited, healthy and happy.
One Fine Day.

catlover4ever
10-14-2006, 10:53 AM
UPDATE

Well I have some good news and some bad news....the bad news is that the x-ray shows that her spleen is twice the normal size due to the tumors and her chest is starting to fill with fluids. The good news is that speaking with her vet this morning her blood work shows that her kidneys and liver are still functioning normally. Her vet thinks that I could have as short as this weekend or as long as a month....but pretty much no longer than the month.

If she continues to eat I can give her some oral cortisone which should keep her comfortable (although we don't think she is in any pain right now) and it should also help to stimulate her eating.

She had a really good night at home last night, she has been eating quite well and has been resting a lot, but that is normal for her.

All the other cats in the house know that something is wrong and have been by my side constantly.

Thank you all again for your thoughts and prayers....they are truely appreciated. (((HUGS))) Meg and Tigger

Catty1
10-14-2006, 10:59 AM
I might be mistaken - but I think the cortisone reduces swelling as well? Though not the tumours themselves.

Glad you have some time.

HUGS!

kimlovescats
10-14-2006, 11:30 AM
Meg, I'm glad you have found that you may have a bit more time with Tigger! Either way it is hard, but at least this way you have time to prepare yourself and spend some quality time with her.

HUGS,
Kim

Cataholic
10-14-2006, 12:09 PM
Meg, I am so sorry to hear about Tigger. May everyone be wrong. Hugs to you, Tigger and the others.

jenluckenbach
10-14-2006, 02:35 PM
Praying for as many good days with tigger as possible.

krazyaboutkatz
10-14-2006, 02:37 PM
Meg, I hope that you'll be able to have much more time with Tigger than what the vet has told you. I'm glad to hear that she had a good night. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

rg_girlca
10-14-2006, 03:14 PM
Oh gosh, I am so, so sorry to hear about precious Tigger. Out of your crew, she has always been my favorite. I just adore her nose markings.

I know how hard this is on you and it breaks my heart.
Prayers and hugs on the way for the both of you.

jazzcat
10-14-2006, 03:55 PM
Lets hope she has several more good days. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Thanks for the update.

Vermontcat
10-14-2006, 04:03 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Tigger.
I hope she stays with you for a good long time still.
Give her a kiss on her cute striped nose for me.

catmandu
10-14-2006, 06:22 PM
Now is you chance to spoil Tigger, to get her Fancy Feast, Bits of Chicken anything Tigger wants.
Although Tigger doesnt need these treats to know how much you love her.
Tigger is in our Prayers every night.

catcrazylady
10-15-2006, 08:36 AM
Meg I'm so sorry I'm just now seeing this.

My heart goes out to you sweetie. All of this is still very fresh for me so I am feeling your pain right along with you. You want every minute you can have with them but cry when you look at them knowing that soon they will be gone.

You have given that beautiful girl a wonderful and long life. I know she has given you tons in return. I hope the remaining days are sweet and good for you both. My heart and tears are with you.

God Bless

Donnaj4962
10-16-2006, 04:06 PM
I am just now seeing this thread... and I am so sorry to hear about Tigger.

May your time left with her be filled with lots of love and many new memories.

catlover4ever
10-16-2006, 05:13 PM
Please see her memorial

jenluckenbach
10-16-2006, 06:40 PM
Please see her memorial

Reading this just broke my heart. :(

I will go read her memorial.