PDA

View Full Version : It's Friday the 13th, superstition anyone?

flamepony12
10-13-2006, 10:03 AM
Just thought I'd see if anyone was superstitious, especially today...

I'm not very superstitious at all, but sometimes, I try to knock on wood so I won't be jinxed. :P just habit!

Also, is anyone going to the Grudge 2 today? I think this was the opening day, I could be wrong :)

BC_MoM
10-13-2006, 10:09 AM
I'm not superstitious.. but I AM going to see the Grudge 2 today!! I canNOT wait! I'm SO excited. :D

pitc9
10-13-2006, 10:10 AM
Nah... not too superstitious (knock on wood :p )
Today is my 5th wedding anniversary.
No... I didn't get married on Friday the 13th, in 2001 October 13th was a Saturday!

Anita Cholaine
10-13-2006, 10:33 AM
I'm not supersticious, but who knows... If someday I get married, it won't be on a Friday the 13th :p

ramanth
10-13-2006, 10:45 AM
I keep telling myself I'm not supersticious... I have an appointment with my GYN today! :eek: :D

Muddy4paws
10-13-2006, 10:48 AM
I didnt even realise.. :o maybe thats why I got the naughty dogs today?! :rolleyes: :)

binka_nugget
10-13-2006, 11:23 AM
I'm normally not very superstitious.. but I changed Kai's vet appointment from today to Wednesday. I sure as heck wasn't gonna put my dog under the knife on Friday the 13th!

Glacier
10-13-2006, 11:30 AM
Not at all. My 13th birthday was on a Friday the 13! Today is my best friend's birthday so we are going out tonight to celebrate with her(well, I am. Stuart will likely be working!)

RedHedd
10-13-2006, 11:39 AM
Nah, it's a good luck day to me. What's not to love? It's Friday and it's payday!

pitc9
10-13-2006, 12:13 PM
I didnt even realise.. :o maybe thats why I got the naughty dogs today?! :rolleyes: :)

Ohhh yeah... Buddy did lift his leg on my coffee table this morning!
:mad: :(

Catty1
10-13-2006, 12:18 PM
Nah....being superstitious is bad luck! :eek:

Argranade
10-13-2006, 12:39 PM
I dont even count the days, today is the 13th already lol, thats friday today right? uhhh.... yes freedome with my friends! :D

I already saw Jackass number 2 so I have to wait a while to see another move and The Grudge is NOT on my list although that little chinese freaky kid does not scare me...I think he makes the movie look funny.

Suki Wingy
10-13-2006, 01:02 PM
Nope to both!

Miss Z
10-13-2006, 01:04 PM
Nah, I'm not superstitious. Bad day to have a maths test though ;) :p

dab_20
10-13-2006, 01:17 PM
I was going to make a thread like this today, I guess we think alike!

Nope, I don't believe in superstition at all.

Pembroke_Corgi
10-13-2006, 01:34 PM
I'm not really superstitious but I do think superstitions are interesting, and I like learning about where they come from!

Cookiebaker
10-13-2006, 01:53 PM
Congratulations on your 5th anniversary, Angie!!! :cool:

No, I am not superstitious and Friday the 13th does not bug me.

Dorothy39
10-13-2006, 02:18 PM
I enjoyed reading this "Friday the 13th" thread !!!!

This superstition "is" very interesting indeed~ and I used to know what it was all about, can't remember now :rolleyes: , yep, I'm jinxed :D

No, I am not superstitious, but I used to be when I was a little kid .

Here's something that Groucho Marx once said~~~(Well, it's sort of funny)

A Black Cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere!!!

Happy Anniversay Pitc9!!!!! ( enjoyed that remark about Buddy!!)

k9krazee
10-13-2006, 02:27 PM
Nah, it's a good luck day to me. What's not to love? It's Friday and it's payday!

My thoughts exactly :D Not only is Friday my favorite day of the week, 13 is my favorite number!

Chica
10-13-2006, 02:33 PM
Nahhh! I'm not supersticious!!!!!! :) ;) EEEEEEE!!!!!!

BC_MoM
10-13-2006, 02:39 PM
Nah, I'm not superstitious. Bad day to have a maths test though ;) :p

It is, isn't it? I wrote one today.... but I think I aced it!

GreyhoundGirl
10-13-2006, 02:41 PM
NO !!!!!!! Yesterday was horrible. ( I had dentists AND shots :( )

Today, beautiful. The BEST BOOK IN THE WORLD comes out today !! I'm all excited, I'm gonna get it tonight. (I'll be up 'till midnight to see how the series ends, it's the last in an awesome series )

http://www.lemonysnicket.com/klaus/descpage.cfm?bookid=71451&type=hardcover

BC_MoM
10-13-2006, 02:44 PM
OH MY GOSH! I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT LEMONY SNICKET TODAY!! AHHHHH! My bad luck for Friday the 13th ;) LOL

cyber-sibes
10-13-2006, 03:14 PM
Happy Anniversary Angie!
Happy PayDay reddhead!
I'm not really superstitious, and somehow 13 is always comes up for me. It was my sales number when I worked, my locker number, and even when I pull a number from a hatfull of slips - yup, it's #13. I can count on it. I've learned to love #13.

Vette
10-13-2006, 03:18 PM
Nope not me

i just love the movies that came on today though :D

dogzr#1
10-13-2006, 04:18 PM
I am a little supersitious, but not much. I didn't think much of today though.

I have a funny story to share though:

My friend, Nicole, came to school today and said that on her way to school, a black cat crossed her path. She said she was waiting for some sort of bad luck. Well afterschool as we were at our lockers, she said something along the lines of 'how lucky she was that nothing bad happened to her at school today'. Well my other friend Sierra came up to us and said that Richard was back. Well, Richard was Nicole's friend/worst nightmare. He HAD moved to Kentucky but he came back for vacation. It was a little creepy to say the least, but it was still funny.

areias
10-13-2006, 05:11 PM
Well let's see...as of today I am becoming a believer. :)

I didn't get up until 7:30 today...I was supposed to be at work at 7.

I was holding a tiny little terrier mix for the vet, and it turned around and tried to bite and got its tooth underneath my nail. Ouch. I was then filling up a spray bottle with bleach to clean the room the terrier was in because it ended up having parvo, and when I put water in it I filled it too much and it sprayed ALL over me and on my thumb so now I have huge white spots on my scrubs, and my thumb was stinging like crazy.

And then you'll never believe this...I was walking across the courtyard area to pick up some poop, and there was an ACD that was trying to get me to play ball with it. There is this area of lower concrete that I never thought much of, I've walked across it a dozen times..well I stepped on that and went to turn and DOWN I went-the concrete slab had snapped, and my feet were dangling as I clutched the concrete around it, I had almost fallen into the sewer. And honestly, if I had fallen any other way and had not grabbed the side, I could have drowned in sewage...its probably 10 feet deep. I cut my elbow open, banged my head, and I'm kind of sore right now. And to top it all off, I ripped my pants from front to back and had to limp in with a towel wrapped around my waist. We all got a good laugh, but to think back I'm really lucky I got out of there.
Guess its time to loose some weight! :D

I got home, my PlugnPlay was destroyed, the cat had made a mess in the bathroom, and a light bulb burned out.
And I still have to go deliver pizza, my day isn't over yet.

Riptide
10-13-2006, 05:43 PM
It's been raining all day...

but that's about it, lol.

flamepony12
10-13-2006, 05:51 PM
Congratulations Angie, Happy Anniversary! :)

And then you'll never believe this...I was walking across the courtyard area to pick up some poop, and there was an ACD that was trying to get me to play ball with it. There is this area of lower concrete that I never thought much of, I've walked across it a dozen times..well I stepped on that and went to turn and DOWN I went-the concrete slab had snapped, and my feet were dangling as I clutched the concrete around it, I had almost fallen into the sewer. And honestly, if I had fallen any other way and had not grabbed the side, I could have drowned in sewage...its probably 10 feet deep. I cut my elbow open, banged my head, and I'm kind of sore right now. And to top it all off, I ripped my pants from front to back and had to limp in with a towel wrapped around my waist. We all got a good laugh, but to think back I'm really lucky I got out of there.

Ouch! :eek: I'm glad you're okay~

I'm seeing the Grudge 2 with a friends tonight, I've heard the reviews were pretty good (:

As for the Lemony Snicket book- I completely forgot! wow, I'll have to see what everyone thinks of it.

BC_MoM
10-13-2006, 06:35 PM
I'm seeing the Grudge 2 with a friends tonight, I've heard the reviews were pretty good (:

I'm so excited to go.. I'm going for the 8:10 movie. It looks scarier than the first. I wish they didn't give away in the previews that Karen dies, though!

cmayer31
10-13-2006, 06:42 PM
I'm somewhat superstitious, but not so much with Friday the 13th. However, my hockey number was always 31. I figured if 13 is supposed to be bad then the reverse can only be good.

moosmom
10-14-2006, 08:46 AM
Actually, Friday the 13th is lucky for me because I was born on Friday, February 13!! I've always considered it lucky.

GreyhoundGirl
10-14-2006, 09:41 AM
The Lemony Snicket book is awesome !! I think I still prefer #6 and #11. Those are my favourites. ;) I don't know how it ends yet, because I'm not finished. But that's good, it'll keep my big mouth from spoiling the "ending. " Anyone who reads LS will get the "" :p