PDA

View Full Version : She wants to go outside so bad! (pics)

zoomer
10-13-2006, 09:33 AM
Jenna wants to go outside so bad! She can't though because we just moved and I don't want her going out and not coming back. Maybe next week some time, I hope she can wait that long, LOL! We let her out in the garage a few times and couple times she went out on the deck but she wants to go run in the grass so bad! Here are some pictures of her waiting by the door and some others (sorry about the glowing eyes).

kimlovescats
10-13-2006, 10:03 AM
She is such a pretty girl, and I'm glad you are keeping her in. Going outside with supervision will be nice once she is used to your home, but I wouldn't risk letting her out when you aren't watching her very closely! ;)

RedHedd
10-13-2006, 11:57 AM
She looks like a very plush version of my RB Goldie. I sure do miss my orangie gal :(

Don Juan's mom
10-13-2006, 12:05 PM
Does she YOWL to be let outside, like ONE BIG FURRY GUY whose name I won't mention? :rolleyes:

Liz

Catty1
10-13-2006, 12:14 PM
If you live in an area with traffic/coyotes/human idiots :rolleyes: , you might want to build a cat run so she can anjoy the outdoors in safety.

Just a thought.

Laura's Babies
10-13-2006, 12:54 PM
That is so pitiful.... looking out, wanting to go.. I am with Catty, how about building a cat run for her so she will be safe and secure and you won't have to worry about her running off? Gosh! She is LOVELY!

Freedom
10-13-2006, 01:07 PM
My, what a big fluffy orange bundle of fur! She is beautiful!

I don't know how long since you moved, or how far from one place to the other; she should stay in a least 2 weeks in my opinion. Cats (and dogs and other pets) have been known to hike back to the ole homestead. :eek:

When I moved, I only took them out on harness and leash for the first few times. (All my cats are used to being on a harness. And I have those 10 foot retractable leashes.) That way I could show them some boundaries of where to stay. Now I let them out in the back yard when I am out gardening and such. I monitor and all I have to say is "EH! EH!" and they know they are going to far astray. Sometimes they actually turn back, sometimes they sit right on the boundary line (Chestnut), but they know that I am watching and they will be taken in if they cross and I catch up to them. Keep a water squirt bottle handy the first trips out in the new yard.

krazykitties
10-13-2006, 01:15 PM
Jenna
you are a very beautiful cat! gorgeous! be patient, you will get outside soon :)

ShylanHal
10-13-2006, 02:40 PM
What a cuuute, chubby fluffy kitty!!! I wanna give her hugs and wuffles! XP

Hope she can go outside soon, and that cat-run idea sounds like a really good one!

Gin
10-13-2006, 04:22 PM
That pretty girl looks a lot like my Sassy, another outdoor-loving cat. I think you're wise to keep her in for a few weeks.

Zippy
10-13-2006, 04:24 PM
Jen is beauitful as alwas.I agree with the cat run idea. :D

catmandu
10-13-2006, 07:11 PM
My Friend Helen From The Animal Welfare Was Telling Me Of A Similar Situation Where Her Friends Moved Into A New House.
A Month Later They Let The Cat Out, And Sadly A Year Later, He Has Vanished, Either Hit Or Reclaimed Trying To Find His Old Home.
Please Be Careful If You Let Your Cat Out.

Karen
10-13-2006, 07:24 PM
Now's the time get her used to being on a leash! That way she can be outside, and hopefully will get used to the leash as she'll learn it's the only way she's allowed out in that tempting, tempting grass!