PDA

View Full Version : how to get Daisy to quit biting?

timlewis
10-13-2006, 09:21 AM
Daisy has got in a bad habit of biting and the only thing i know to do is someone told me to push my hand back in her mouth and tell her no biting. It seems to be doing a little good but nothing major, does anyone know a way i can get her to stop biting that works quick and well. I know this probably works good for some just according to ur dog but she isnt responding well. Any suggestions will be appreciated. It will be a few weeks but i will get some more pics of her my wifes camera messed up and kodak wants $150 to repair it so I can buy a new one for $250 more soon as we get it ill take some and post them her ears are doing very well to i dont think i am going to have to tape them.

Vela
10-13-2006, 09:58 AM
One of the best things that worked for me with cracker was, if she is biting while playing with her, yelp loudly like an injured dog, immediately stop play, get up and walk away from her and ignore her. It will only take a little while for her to realize biting means you get ignore and nobody plays with you. All of the members of the family will have to get in on it though. Also, I don't know how she plays with the kids, but never have them run and her chase them. To them its a game and she will see the little ones as litter mates and play with them accordingly, with the biting etc. Yelling and hitting won't help, not that I think you are or would do that, just more of an FYI. That method worked really well for me and it takes a few days, sometimes a little longer if everyone doesn't adhere to it, but they do get it.

Pembroke_Corgi
10-13-2006, 02:06 PM
One of the best things that worked for me with cracker was, if she is biting while playing with her, yelp loudly like an injured dog, immediately stop play, get up and walk away from her and ignore her. It will only take a little while for her to realize biting means you get ignore and nobody plays with you. All of the members of the family will have to get in on it though. Also, I don't know how she plays with the kids, but never have them run and her chase them. To them its a game and she will see the little ones as litter mates and play with them accordingly, with the biting etc. Yelling and hitting won't help, not that I think you are or would do that, just more of an FYI. That method worked really well for me and it takes a few days, sometimes a little longer if everyone doesn't adhere to it, but they do get it.
Very good advice. By showing her it doesn't get her any attention (I yelled OUCH in a high voice and then stood up a ignored them), she can find other ways to have fun with you that won't get her ignored and don't involve pain. Those puppy teeth hurt!