PDA

View Full Version : I'm a new mother 32 times over

IRescue452
10-13-2006, 08:52 AM
I got 3 platies yesterday togo with my new 20 gallon tank. The pregnant red wag dropped her fry last night. I figured the stress of moving would put off the drop for a few days at least. I removed 32 live fry and left the 2 stillborns to mommy platy to gain her strength back. I know she ate a few live babies too. It looks like half are red wag and the other half are a mystery. I'm going to use some babies to fill out my mom's guppy tanks. I wish my godies would spawn already but I can't get the tank cold enough for spawning. Many tank goldfish prefer spawning between 60-65F.

zoomer
10-13-2006, 08:59 AM
Aww, they sound like cute little fishes! My guppies have babies all the time and they're so small! Are you able to get pictures of them or are they too small for us to see? Good luck with breeding your goldies and I hope it works out!

Flatcoatluver
10-13-2006, 11:50 AM
Aww! My mom really wants to get some guppies (werid because she usally never wants pets) I have to wait though. Can we see pictures of your babies?

IRescue452
10-13-2006, 02:25 PM
Sorry, but I broke the little plastic part on my camera that connects it to the computer, so I can't get pics for a while. I think they'd be too tiny to see anyway. Just little orange specks.