PDA

View Full Version : good brushes? groomers?

cali
10-12-2006, 08:39 PM
ok I need to invest in a new brush, the last one I bought was a groomax pin brush, it lasted less then a year and broke, so I have been doing all my grooming with a little comb, I need a new pin brush but I want one that will stand up to heavy grooming of 6 dogs for preferably longer then a year lol what brand does grooming shops use? what brands have others found stand up well?

Tollers-n-Dobes
10-12-2006, 08:45 PM
I bought Tango's brush from Wal-Mart (made by wahl..or something like that) when she was 8 weeks old and have had it for almost 4 years now. It's still in excellent shape. I use it to groom tons of dogs. I'm sure there are probably better quality brushes out there but there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with mine. It was inexpensive, and like I said, it's still in great shape. Hopefully somebody else will have a better suggestion though..

cali
10-12-2006, 09:16 PM
thanks Orangotango

I actually already have a slicker, several kinds of combs, and curry brushes, I have a cabnet in my living room with everything from slickers, to brissle brushes, to curry brushes, to clippers to grooming sprays and thinning sheers, and a million types of combs etc.. all I need is a new pin brush that will last :)

Shelteez2
10-12-2006, 09:48 PM
All Systems makes a good pin brush. My boss has had hers for years.

cali
10-12-2006, 10:09 PM
thanks! I have looked up all systems earlier but wanted to see if anyone would reccomend it with prompting lol see if its as good as it claims. I ordered one, so we'll see how it works :p