PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice!! Ringworm or not??

Heather78418
10-12-2006, 08:28 PM
My three month old kitten is grey and white.I noticed a grey spot by his nose when I first got him, but I thought it was just a marking because it was grey. Well it is now raised and it is brown in color.He has a vet appointment tommorrow but I was just curious what ringworm looks like . If anyone has any suggestions I would like them!!!! :confused:

krazyaboutkatz
10-12-2006, 08:33 PM
From my experience it doesn't sound like it's ringworm. When my Starr had it, it looked like a white dry flaky patch. It showed up on his ear first. I guess you could say it looked like a large piece of dandruff.

I sure hope that it's not ringworm or anything serious. I'm glad that you already have made a vet appointment for him. Please continue to update us about him. Good luck.:)

rg_girlca
10-12-2006, 08:51 PM
I agree with KAK, it doesn't sound like ringworm and I also hope that it isn't anything serious.

Please let us know what your vet has to say tomorrow.

moosmom
10-12-2006, 09:00 PM
Ringworm will glow under a black flourescent light. If you can get your hands on one (veterinarians have them), check for it that way. If it does glow, it's ringworm. Go buy Myconozole cream (for athlete's foot) and rub it into the area 3x/day. Make sure you wear rubber gloves and keep the cat isolated from everyone including any children, as ringworm is highly contagious.

angelbow20
10-12-2006, 09:12 PM
my dog had it on her face when she was younger and it was like swollen and pink. like inflamed skin and she had it spread allover her face and it took atleast a month for me to get rid of it.