PDA

View Full Version : I'm Very Proud Of My Fenway

elizabethann
10-12-2006, 07:28 PM
I have laryngitis and can't talk. Last night I took Fenway for a walk to the pond down the street and let him of his leash. Then I said "oh...oh...that was a big mistake...how am I going to call him back?" He runs around the pond and tries to catch frogs.

It started raining and I tried to call him back, but nothing came out. So I clapped my hands 2 times and did the "come" command with my arm. HE CAME TO ME! Can you believe it?

So I took him to the park and let him of his leash again. When he started to wonder into the woods, I clapped my hands 2 times (to get his attention) and did the "come" command. HE CAME AGAIN!!

I couldn't believe it! I put him back on his leash after that because I didn't want to press my luck.

I just had to brag about my little buddy and how he is such a good boy. I'm such a proud Mommy. :D

chocolatepuppy
10-12-2006, 07:34 PM
Good boy Fenway! My Lacey knows the 'come' command in hand signals. It comes in handy. ;)

BOBS DAD
10-12-2006, 07:34 PM
very cool. i think u did the right thing though by putting him back on leash. funny thing with dogs, sometimes they don't know what to do with newfound freedom. sometimes they just come when you call... cause they don't realize that they "r free"!!! and sometimes when they figure it out, they say see ya (in about a week)!