PDA

View Full Version : Picked up all my pets...

zoomer
10-12-2006, 05:31 PM
On the 9th my dad and I went down to Renton where we left all the pets with neighbors and stuff. My 6 year old neighbor, Alisha was watching Peppur, my hamster. She didn't want to give him up and she gave him a hug. I let her because Peppur never bites. Her dad told me she'd take him into the bathroom everyday after school, but a towel down to block the gap in the door, and watch him run around happily. Her mom was watching James, my blue Betta but told me he had died :( I went inside my house and tried my best to catch all the salamanders from the tank, and got all 6 of them. I missed a fish and noticed it in there later, but he lived and it was only a few seconds after we drained out all the water, so he was still wet and slimy, no harm done. I found my oldest fish, a 3 year old fish (one of those ones that cleans the bottom of the tank) that had lost an eye when it was young due to another fiesty fish, and I nursed him back to health. To my surprise, he had lived 3 years but, that day when I went to pick him up, he was dead :( I cried a little, because he meant so much to me and gave me such a great experience. My goldfish were alive and healthy. My mom decided to tell me my purple Betta, Fiery had died then and there :rolleyes: :mad: UGH I was mad because she didn't tell me sooner.
After gathering all the fish into their moving containers and boxes, I walked down to my mom's friend's Pam's house. She getting old and is sick right now :( I'm praying for her because she's a really good friend of mine. When I got there I saw she had my red Betta, Addie in a big vase with plants and all this other stuff to spoil her rotten. I laughed and shook my head. She also taught her to go up to the surface for food when she taps the tank, LOL. Then Pam wouldn'y let me put her in a moving container and insisted on finding a lid for the vase. She couldn't so she just put plastic over it. I was going to put my gecko, Montana (who she was also watching) in one of those cardboard moving boxes but insisted on me not doing that either :p So she gave me one of her plastic small cages and put all this stuff in it for her. My dad had to help me carry it all out to the truck :p I'm glad there'll all home. But it turns out it was just as hard to move for Fiery, James and One Eye as it was for me :(

Toby's my baby
10-12-2006, 05:36 PM
I'm glad you got all your babies back!!

I'm so very sorry to hear about the deaths though. :(

Chilli
10-12-2006, 05:37 PM
It must feel great to have everyone back! =)
Though I am sorry about the deaths... I'm always worried about things like that when I have to get someone to babysit for me.

Zippy
10-12-2006, 05:45 PM
Happy everone is finely back with you were they belong. :D
I am so sorry that James,Fiery and One Eye didn't make it. :(