PDA

View Full Version : Grandbaby uppydate :)

catnapper
10-12-2006, 03:40 PM
Cameron needs to go to therapy once a week for a while. He was SUCH A good boy this afternoon during his first session. Only when it came grandma's turn to practice his stretching exercises did he finally decide he had enough and started to bawl. But considering he was good for a whole hour of stretching, I'm proud of how tolerant he was - the therapist said they typically scream the whole hour :)

He has a muscle issue that if its not corrected now, he could end up with severe back and neck issues that would cause his spine to bend in the wrong way, etc. I can't remember the name of it to save my life :o He will be 100% perfect in a few months if we practice his stretches every day 3 times a day

I have been VERY bad about taking new photos of him. I just have too much going on that I had two weeks of photos I never downloaded! :eek: Very unlike me!

I only have two pictures today. In this one you can see how he twists to the right side. He has poor muscle tone and motor skills on his right. He's always bent towards the right.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/Cameron/exercise.jpg

Here's his first taste of food. He apparently hates bananas :p Though he LOVES peaches.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/Cameron/firstfood.jpg

He's been SUCH a good boy with me during the days too. His crying bouts are now the exception rather than the rule. He's growing FAST -- 16 pounds at last week's checkup. He'll be 4 months old in a few days.

caseysmom
10-12-2006, 03:44 PM
Kim, I am so glad he has grown out of all that crying, I know it was hard on you. He is so handsome, he looks like a little boy now. I think he looks like grandpa.

Cataholic
10-12-2006, 03:47 PM
WAH! Hi Cutie!!!!

Hope your back straightens out!!!

jenluckenbach
10-12-2006, 03:52 PM
Sorry to hear that he meeds this thery, so I hope he learns to enjoy it.

Thanks for the photos! He is so handsome.

Lobodeb
10-12-2006, 04:06 PM
I've had it! That kid better not get any cuter, or I just might have to hop a plane to Pennsylvania and squeeze him! lol

Kim, he's gorgeous! I wasn't aware of his muscle issues, but I'm glad they're being taken care of.

Hugs to you all!

Samantha Puppy
10-12-2006, 04:38 PM
Glad they found out the muscle issue early and hey, stretching 3x a day doesn't sound too bad to me! :)

kimlovescats
10-12-2006, 04:53 PM
Thank goodness for periodic infant check-ups!!! I'm glad it can easily be corrected with exercise! Hey, we'll get this kid started off right with a rigorous daily workout!!! ;)

He is just tooooooo cute!!!!

Hugs,
Kim

Dorothy39
10-12-2006, 05:15 PM
I wasn't aware of his muscle condition either~~ But in all honesty, I am sooo glad that it's being addressed and corrected now!!!

He's such a handsome young man!!!!! Bless His Heart!!!

NoahsMommy
10-12-2006, 05:29 PM
Oh Kim, he's such a cutie pie!! I love those eyes....such a window to his sweet little soul.

I hope the therapy fixes his back and neck for the future. Keep up with your therapy, little one.

Hugs,
Kelly :)

moosmom
10-12-2006, 06:13 PM
What a beautiful baby boy he is, Kim!! Isn't it amazing how fast they change?

Laura's Babies
10-12-2006, 06:36 PM
Double WOW! Man! He has grown in the last month! What a handsome boy he is too! WOW!

BitsyNaceyDog
10-12-2006, 07:35 PM
He has a muscle issue that if its not corrected now, he could end up with severe back and neck issues that would cause his spine to bend in the wrong way, etc. I can't remember the name of it to save my life
Was it scoliosis, maybe? That's a curvature of the spine. Whatever it is I'm glad it's being corrected now while it can be.

The pictures of him are so cute. I can really see Ashley in him.

krazyaboutkatz
10-12-2006, 08:29 PM
He sure is a cutie pie and growing up fast.:) I hope that the therapy sessions will help him and I'm glad that this was caught very early.:)

rg_girlca
10-12-2006, 09:18 PM
Ditto on catching his muscle problems early. I pray that the stretching exercises to the job and all turns out well for this precious adorable widdle grandbaby of yours. He' s just too darn cute.

petslover
10-12-2006, 09:59 PM
I really enjoyed seeing the photos.. He is so handsome. I can't believe how big hes grown.