PDA

View Full Version : I'm FINALLY back!!!! :)

NoahsMommy
10-12-2006, 01:55 PM
I cannot tell you all how much I've missed you!!

Things sure have changed!!! My cats are all spread out (a HUGE thank you to all that gave me wonderful advice.) around this area! David (ex-hubby) has Noah and Micah, CiCi has Jonah and my good friend in the cat rescue "business" has my Phoebe and Basie with her...truly spread out. This will be until I can get a new job and move out of my parent's house. I cannot wait!!! I miss them like crazy and while this is the next best thing and only option, its not good for us to be apart like this. Thankfully they're all happy and well cared for and I get to visit whenever I want. Yay!

As you may have noticed, I said I was without a job. I got a wonderful job working at Cedars Sinai in their Bed Reservations dept. I started work on Sept 11 and things were going great! I was on time and actually feeling OK! I hadn't been to an ER sinse July 4th...which is wonderful for me and my crohn's! Unfortunately, I had to go to the ER during work hours one day and my boss didn't like that. She felt it would translate to me being out a lot in the future, so she let me go. It wasn't illegal, I signed a document stating they could let me go at any time for any reason (or no reason at all) during me probationary period of 6 months. And, well, she sure did! I guess things don't always happen as we'd like, and I'm pretty much over it now...I need to move on and get on with my life.

Anyway, just wanted to say "hello" again to everyone. I've missed you all so much and know I hadn't stayed much in contact while I was gone, I was dealing with a lot and well, I'm sorry. (((hugs))) PT is a HUGE part of my life and I really felt the loss. I can't express how HAPPY I am to be back.

Love you!!!

Love, Kelly

Donnaj4962
10-12-2006, 02:02 PM
Wooohooo! Welcome back Kelly! Glad to see you posting again. But I am sorry to see why you weren't posting for a while. I hope things get better for you soon and that you and your furbabies can be reunited!

(((hugs))) from Indiana and a big WELCOME BACK!

Karen
10-12-2006, 02:04 PM
Oh, welcome, welcome, welcome back! Hope things get turned around for you soon!

JenBKR
10-12-2006, 02:21 PM
Welcome back! ((((hugs)))) We missed ya!

Prairie Purrs
10-12-2006, 02:24 PM
Although it sounds like you're better off without having to deal with that particular employer, a "probationary" period of employment doesn't mean that an employer can fire an employee for an illegal reason! If that were the case, employers would have all their employees sign agreements to waive their rights under anti-discrimination laws and could go ahead and fire people based on disability, race, religion, gender, age, or whatever. But employers can't do that--any contract giving an employer the "right" to violate the anti-discrimination laws would be illegal and unenforceable.

(Disclaimer--not intended as legal advice, just a general observation. :) )

catnapper
10-12-2006, 03:13 PM
Hi Kelly! I've missed you! So sorry to hear you lost your job to your illness again. Is there a way that you could qualify for Social Security benefits? It would definately help things if you got some income from SS benefits.

I am so glad to hear you sound upbeat and happy. Thats step #1 to making things work out! :)

Rachel
10-12-2006, 03:14 PM
Oh, Kelly, I am so sorry about the job. It is just sad that of all places a hospital can't make some accommodations for a person with health problems. Given half a chance, I'm sure you would have proved yourself to be one of their most valuable employees. I'm glad you said you have put it behind you though. The less you stew about injustices, the better. Please keep us up on what's going on.

NoahsMommy
10-12-2006, 04:54 PM
Thanks so much, guys! :)

CatsinDenver....that's a really, really good point. I may have to think about a few things. Thank you for bringing that up. :)

Catnapper...I'm eligible for Unemployment and may be for Disability as well, but it isn't enough to live on, at least not out here. :( If I'm on Disability, I'm unable to work more than part-time. Me being able to work (once I find a good job) really helps me emotionally, that I'm able to support myself. I've actually been feeling better, becides the pain issue. Thank you for the thought. :)

Rachel...You're right, I really would have been a loyal and GOOD employee! I had been there for 10 working days when I was fired, but on the 5th working day, I was actually doing the job I was hired for and doing it well. There was another new person that had been there for approx. 6 weeks and she JUST started doing the job about a week or so prior. This is why I was so confused as to why she made that decision, I was doing the job well and got along with everyone I spoke with. Oh well, like you said, I really cannot dwell on it, it doesn't do much good. ;)

Thanks again for the warm welcome everyone. I missed you so greatly and am soooo happy to be back.

Love, Me

chocolatepuppy
10-12-2006, 06:11 PM
Welcome back Kelly, you were missed! I hope things turn around for you and your kittys are back with you soon. :)

jenluckenbach
10-12-2006, 06:13 PM
Welcome home!! Does this mean you will have better internet access?

So sorry about your job/home situation. :( Hopefully a GOOD change will come soon.

luvofallhorses
10-12-2006, 06:34 PM
Welcome back, Kelly! :) :D :) I sure have missed you! (((HUGS))) I sure hope you can get a new job and have your own place where you can have all of your kitties. :)

moosmom
10-12-2006, 06:35 PM
Welcome back Kelly!!! I'm so glad you're back!

That sucks that you lost your job after only 5 days, but I've got one up on you. I lost my last full-time temp job after only 3 days!!! Hey, it just wasn't meant to be and it's their loss.

I was going to suggest looking into Social Security Disability. Crohn's Disease is no laughing matter, and if it affects your ability to work a full-time job, like my depression, ADD and PTSD does me, then you SHOULD look into it. I am. I've worked since I was 15 years old and I'm just not cut out for it anymore. My mind isn't as sharp as it once was and I'm not as strong as I used to be. Please think about looking into it.

You've been in my thoughts daily, girl. I pray that you and your puddies will be reunited real soon.

Love ya!!

Donna

Catty1
10-12-2006, 07:13 PM
KELLEEEEEE! Hi there!

I hope you find a nice job soon, one you can handle. I am sure you and you furkids will be reunited soon!

I know you said disability and stuff doesn't give you much to live on...but do they have access to affordable housing in an OK area?

HUGS!

zoey
10-12-2006, 07:24 PM
Hi! Welcome back! I saw your post on Phred's thread, but i hadn't seen you around before, that i remember. anyways, i still feel sort of new. glad to make your aquaintance!! :D

shais_mom
10-12-2006, 07:37 PM
welcome back sweetie!

Yup Kelly and her parents went and got her computer from storage and installed internet at her parents' house.

Daisy and Delilah
10-12-2006, 07:53 PM
YAY YAY YAY !!! - Welcome Back Kelly!! :)
I've really missed you!!

krazyaboutkatz
10-12-2006, 08:15 PM
WELCOME BACK KELLY!!! I'm so glad to see you posting on PT again.:) I hope that you'll be able to find a good job with great benefits and be able to live with your furkids once again. Take care. (((HUGS)))

slick
10-12-2006, 08:28 PM
It was so nice to talk to you Kelly and welcome back!!! (Notice I used pink....too bad I can't get "sparkly" on here..) ;) There is alot to catch up on so take your time.

Love ya
xoxoxoxo

rg_girlca
10-12-2006, 09:10 PM
Oh Kelly, it is sooooooo good to see you posting again.

I'm sorry about your job and having to place your babies.

Prayers on the way that you find another job real soon so that you will be able to get your own place and have your babies back with you where they belong.

Take care :)

NoahsMommy
10-12-2006, 10:23 PM
Awww, thank you so much for the warmest welcome...a PT welcome!! :)

OK, I want to try and answer all your questions...

Jen...yep! We got internet at mom's house...I HAD to put them in the 21st century! They work on computers all day, so they didn't want one at home...but I convinced them that we all needed one. My step-dad is retiring on Nov 3 and that helped convince mom as well. Its my computer, as Stace shared (thank you, sweets!), so it has all my pictures and everything I'm used to on it. Also, this was mainly my mom's idea, she could SEE how much I missed my PT support and wanted to get this hooked up ASAP, that was really nice. So, Jen, yep, I'm on here for GOOD! Yay!!
(Jen...I really like your siggy, your crew are too cute!! How are you? Have I missed anything important? How are you and Charlie?)

Catty1 & Moosmom...Disability would only pay me approx $1200/mo. I'm not sure on how many hours I CAN work along with that, that may be worth looking into to suppliment if I can get the SSD. I know crohns is covered under SSD, so the hard part is done, thankfully. As far as finding SSD supported housing, the only downside is that usually pets are NOT welcome...especially my FIVE cats. :( I wish they were more openminded and could see the health benefits of sharing ones life with animals, but not yet. :rolleyes: Thank you for the ideas, they are worth looking into. :)

Everyone else...thank you so much! I look forward to getting any updates...Tracey, I see a newby in the siggy!!! TOO CUTE!!!

Zoey...thank you as well! :) I've been around PT since 2001! Can you believe it? WOW! Its nice "meeting you" :)

Hugs,
Kelly :)

Its so great to be back!!!!!

NoahsMommy
10-12-2006, 10:24 PM
It was so nice to talk to you Kelly and welcome back!!! (Notice I used pink....too bad I can't get "sparkly" on here..) ;) There is alot to catch up on so take your time.

Love ya
xoxoxoxo

YAY for PINK!!! ;) Its always lovely to talk with you...even more so in the recent weeks/months. I've missed you so much Slick.

(((((hugs))))

K9karen
10-13-2006, 01:14 AM
:o :o Sorry I just saw this,,but I was so excited to see your thread!! YAY!

I also can't imagine that a hospital, of all places, doesn't understand your situation. Hmmm. isn't that discrimination? Anyway, you're right, it wasn't meant to be. Their loss. I'm just thrilled you're back, hooked up to the internet and feeling somewhat better. You'll be reunited with your clan again, thankfully they're in good hands!

I know, SSD is not the jackpot, but it's better than nothing. You can work parttime for a certain amount..don't recall the exact details. Could you get some state help like food stamps? I know you want to work, and you'll find something terrific!! Good luck! Take care, stay healthy...Lots of hugs!

Sonia59
10-13-2006, 03:19 AM
Hi Kelly, welcome back! It's good to see you again on PT.

We cross our paws that you find the best solution for yourself, and that you and your kitties can live together soon :) I can't imagine how hard it should be to live like this.

All the best,
Sonia

Maya & Inka's mommy
10-13-2006, 03:31 AM
Woohoo, Kelly is back in town!!!!

It is sooooo great to see you back here, Kelly! I hope you will find a new job and a place of your own asap. I will cross my "paws" for you :)

Sara luvs her Tinky
10-13-2006, 06:09 AM
WELCOME BACK KELLY!!!

It is so good to see you back posting again... Sorry to hear about your job.... but if they can't see the value in you then you're better off without them.... just know you're having to hold out for the "right" job.

I don't know anything about SSD or disabiltiy... but good luck.. I know things will work out just fine!

Praying everything starts wrapping up real soon for you..... so you can get all your kitties back under your wing!! Keep posting!! WE MISSED YOU!!

{{{HUGS}}}

BitsyNaceyDog
10-13-2006, 08:30 AM
Oh Kelly, I'm so glad you have your computer back. If you can't have your kitties with you right now at least you have PT. You'll have your kitties back with you in no time though, I'm sure of it. I'm glad CiCi was able to take Jonah and your other friend was able to help you with Phoebe and Basie. I know it was hard on you having them in the kennel.

ramanth
10-13-2006, 08:40 AM
Hey Kelly!!

It's so great to see you back here. :)

Sorry about the job. Jeez! You think they'd be a little more sympathetic about illness at a hospital!

Ah well. Their loss.

I wish you the best.

P.S. Thank you SO much for the lovely card!! :o :D It was a very pleasant surprise.

dukedogsmom
10-13-2006, 08:54 AM
A big WELCOME BACK to you! I'm sorry things didn't work out at the hospital. And I know you're missing your cats. Life sure can be unexpected at times. I hope things turn out for the better for you now.

pitc9
10-13-2006, 09:45 AM
WELCOME BACK!
I wish you Good luck in your hunt for a new job!
I'm so sorry you are without your furkids :( I hope you are all together again Soon!!

Randi
10-13-2006, 09:56 AM
Kelly, it's good to see you back. Sorry about your job, I hope you find something that suits you soon, perhaps a part time job would be good. Hopefully you can be reunited with your kitties too.

Good luck! :)

anna_66
10-13-2006, 03:01 PM
Hey there Kelly...Great to see you back on PT:D

I hope you'll find a good job and a nice place that will take you AND your kitties soon!

NoahsMommy
10-13-2006, 03:20 PM
Thank you all so very much for your warm welcome and kind words. :)

My biggest goal right now is to get a good paying job with good benefits ASAP so I can move out of my parent's home and into my own place so my furkids and I can live together again. Its really hard without them, especially my Micah...he's my little kitty nurse and lies on my upper abdoman when I have bad pain and stays there. He's such a dear...as are all of them.

I'm going to go see Phoebe and Basie in just a few minutes. We're going to go outside and play in a larger cat run that Carol has. I'm excited! I haven't gotten to touch or kiss them sinse last Friday as our schedules have been crossing.

Again, thanks so much for such a warm welcome back. Its so great to be back here with you all. :)

Hugs, Kelly