PDA

View Full Version : horrable cough :(

cali
10-11-2006, 11:16 PM
I have this awful cough right now, before it was just the occsional dry hacking fits and all was good, it didnt bother me at all. then my boss made me go to the docter because my hacking was driving her nuts lol so I went and the docter gave me ventilin and flovent to take 3-4 times during the day, and advair to take before bed, then told me to come back friday and she will give me an anti-biotic. well now since I have been taking all the inhalers? well the frst day it got better, my caughing almost ceased, well today(day 2) my coughing has gotten WORSE. now I am not dry hacking, I am haveing so many coughing fits that they are making me dizzy and sweaty, and its no longer just dry hacking anymore either. I mean if my boss got annoyed with my occasional dry hacking yesterday, then my hacking now is going to drive her up the wall.

Karen
10-11-2006, 11:26 PM
Is it a "productive" cough? (Are you coughing up junk?) If so, that's a good thing, and a sign you'll get better. Don't forget to rinse your mouth out after using the Advair, you don't want thrush on top of the cough! The Advair actually takes a few days to start taking effect, so keep at it!

Soapets
10-11-2006, 11:49 PM
I'm just getting over something very similar, and it started in August! I went through three different antibiotics, two of which I took two courses each (I'm on my second 10-day course of Avelox now). I was put on oral Prednisone for a week and got a shot of Depo-Medrol a few weeks ago, as well as using the Advair Discus and Albuterol inhalers. In addition to that I am taking Zyrtec, Singulair, Mucinex, and D'Allergy! I sure hope you get it cleared up soon. It is NOT fun!

Deb

cali
10-11-2006, 11:55 PM
well accoding to my moms research its a wonder I am not seriously ill lol she dicovered something called Atopy, and there are 3 identifiers of people with atopy, I have all 3. basicly people with atopy are EXTREMLY prone to allergys and such, and considering I get sick about once a year, usually only a cold, the the only thing I am allergic to is Rayon, I am doing really well lol but if I grew up in my aunt and uncles house I was be seriously ill, because they qare so clean, you actually have to sanitzie your hands before your allowed in the house lol

moosmom
10-12-2006, 07:33 AM
My doctor told me that allergies are very bad this year because of the weird, hot weather we've been having.

Feel better, kiddo!!

elizabethann
10-12-2006, 11:17 AM
oh oh...i hope you dont' have I've had for 2 weeks - now I have laryngitis and can't talk!! make sure you take those anitibiotics and drink lots of fluids.

BC_MoM
10-12-2006, 11:52 AM
My siblings have asthma, and when they have colds they take 2 puffs of both ventilin and flovent in the morning and one of each in the evening. Sometimes one before they go to bed.

Some doctors aren't great with dealing with asthma. Try what my siblings do.

Also, if you're having a productive or flemmy cough, it's from your inhalers. Something you'll have to live with until your better..

Try drinking lots of fluids (especially water and orange juice) and eat lots of fruit.