PDA

View Full Version : A plane has crashed

momoffuzzyfaces
10-11-2006, 02:28 PM
Breaking news: a plane has crashed into an apartment building in NYC.
People are trapped but as of now, no indication of terrorisim.

This brings 9/11 back in a heart breaking way.

Prayers for all involved! :(

JenBKR
10-11-2006, 02:37 PM
Oh my gosh! I hadn't heard! Yes that does bring back a lot of memories - thoughts and prayers on the way for everyone involved.

pitc9
10-11-2006, 02:39 PM
OMG!!!

Here's a link if anyone wants to check it out.

http://www.newsnet5.com/news/10053783/detail.html

BC_MoM
10-11-2006, 02:39 PM
I haven't heard anything about this!

It brings back memories, but not the same.

Still, if I were one who witnessed that, I would have freaked out.

I'm relieved there is no indication of terrorism.

Praying for those trapped in the building!!!!! :(

Freaky... 5 years and 1 month after 9/11

momoffuzzyfaces
10-11-2006, 04:04 PM
So far 2 people have been killed.

The plane belongs to Cory Lidle, pitcher for the NY Yankee's. His passport has been found at the scene. The Yankee's are to play in the World Series this year. :(

Cory has only been a pilot for about a year.

kimlovescats
10-11-2006, 04:06 PM
Yet another reason I will never live in a tall building!!! :( :( :(

Dorothy39
10-11-2006, 04:15 PM
I just got home and onto Pet Talk!!! :eek:

How horrible!!! If I had been a witness, I'd be looking up and all around , worried that there might be another assault any minute!!

Jittery is the word!!!!!

How dreadful!!!! :(

Logan
10-11-2006, 04:22 PM
MOFF, just to correct you on one thing, the Yankees are NOT playing. They lost to Detroit.

This is so sad. :( Latest report I heard is that 4 people have died, including the pilot, the NY Yankee pitcher.

Logan

momoffuzzyfaces
10-11-2006, 04:29 PM
Sorry, Logan. I don't follow ball games much. Sandra had been watching them and I thought she said the Yankee's were playing the series this year. Another senior moment for me! :(

Dorothy39
10-11-2006, 04:46 PM
Sorry, Logan. I don't follow ball games much. Sandra had been watching them and I thought she said the Yankee's were playing the series this year. Another senior moment for me! :(
Well, I bought it!!!!~ I don't follow up on the Yankees much these days either~~~~ This whole story is so sad!!!

Logan
10-12-2006, 12:47 AM
The only reason I knew that, Connie, is because they said it on the news when this story was breaking. It is such a sad, sad story. :(

K9karen
10-12-2006, 01:29 AM
He was an ex-Phila Philly pitcher. The latest news here is that only he and his copilot were killed and by the grace of God, the 2 people home in the apartment were only slightly injured.

mugsy
10-12-2006, 07:14 AM
The latest info that I know is that 2 people were killed. Corey Leidle (who had played for 9 teams in his major league career) and his flight instructor were the 2 killed. I was watching ESPN and they said that they were having trouble contacting his wife and son to tell them because they were inflight somewhere. It doesn't appear that anyone in the apartment building was killed. Some hurt on the ground from falling debris, but, were ok in local hospitals.