PDA

View Full Version : My loving Golden Ladies

Logan
06-04-2002, 06:30 PM
I shared with some friends today, by email, my thoughts on my lovely Golden Girls, Honey and Lilly, along with their sidekicks, Mimi and Butter.

Just thought I'd share with you all my wonderful feelings about these girls (and boy). I have reported regularly on my "friend", Ingram, a Golden boy, who I was lucky enough to transport to veterinary care about six weeks ago in the Dog Rescue section. I added to a recent post telling about his weekend with us, as his foster mom had to go out of town. He fit in beautifully.

But what I didn't do was sing the praises of Honey, Lilly, Mimi and Butter, who all accepted him as if he had always been in this house! :) He accepted all of them willingly too, but I felt so much pride, having them treat him as royalty, and never even batting so much as an eyelash that an "intruder" or "stranger" walked in the door.

Ingram will be back on Thursday to spend the weekend with us, and we are looking very forward to it. But most of all, I want to go hug my Golden Ladies one more time for being as special as I always knew they were, and allowing this boy into our home, and being understanding of his needs.....he is a "Velcro dog" and they had to make room for him, but they did, and oh so beautifully. And the cats did too.

:) I'm a little sappy, but it only hit me today what wonderful "kids" I have. Fostering may work......and I never thought it would.

:)
Logan

Sudilar
06-04-2002, 07:07 PM
Logan you are blessed with wonderful furchildren!! I myself know how lucky we are to have our furpups. I believe that they are angels sent to help us. Your pups know you love them and they love you back!! :) Congrats to you.

mugsy
06-04-2002, 07:11 PM
You're such a good mom Logan. I TOTALLY understand your feelings and they are NOT sappy (even if they were, who cares, they're wonderful), just truthful. Thanks for sharing...I seriously needed some cheering up tonight.

Ann
06-05-2002, 12:11 AM
That is truly heartwarming :) *hugs*

Have fun on Thursday!!

If I may ask though, what does "velcro dog" mean?

shais_mom
06-05-2002, 12:35 AM
HOW WONDERFUL, LOGAN!
Tha so reminds me of my wonderful beautiful Shaianne who just one year ago almost to the day accepted Kylie into her life almost w/o batting an eye. Of course It was Kylie that did the batting! :( ;) She loved and accepted her like her own. It took Kylie a long time to accept her but she made me and Shaianne so happy when she finally did before Shaianne crossed to the bridge.
Animals certainly do change our lives. I never knew But I am definatley a better person b/c of my animals.

Former User
06-05-2002, 02:12 AM
Logan, that is so wonderful! I really don't have words how to express myself, but I just think it is wonderful. Your whole family is warm, loving and caring, and each member of it knows how to show it too. :)

C.C.'s Mom
06-05-2002, 05:13 AM
Logan, that is really so special.

tatsxxx11
06-05-2002, 06:44 AM
Well I'm not surprised! All of your babies inherited their mother's huge, loving, generous heart! All are welcome at Logan's home!!

Dixieland Dancer
06-05-2002, 06:52 AM
Children learn what they live! With your warm open caring personality as their guide I would not of expected anything else from your girls and other furkids!! :D Plus that is just the typical GOLDEN friendliness shining through which is one reason I LOVE GOLDENS so much! :rolleyes: :D :D

I have to give you credit though because if Ingram came to my house as a foster, he would not leave! He just sounds like such a wonderful dog! And I agree with Mike.... I like Velcro dogs too! They are always there giving you love unconditionally!! :) And I also agree with Staci.... I am also a better person because of my animals!! :D :) :D :) :D

Logan
06-05-2002, 07:05 AM
I sure am glad you guys understood what I was trying to say. :o Felt a little silly writing it, but I don't talk about them very much, except Butter, and I truly am blessed with very gentle animals. And I am even seeing a more gentle side to Butter lately. He's not there 100% yet, but he's coming around.

Thanks for understanding. I'll definitely let you know about Ingram all over again! The reason I can let him come and go (and it isn't easy) is that he is in a foster home where he is loved a lot, and I'm just "babysitting". Sort of like having my own mini kennel!! :D

Gio
06-05-2002, 07:17 AM
You certainly have special pets, all 6 of them :D

DoggiesAreTheBest
06-05-2002, 07:56 AM
Logan, I too was wondering how the girls took to Ingram. I must say thought, that I was not one bit surprised to find out that they were sweet and welcoming! Just like their mommy is!

anna_66
06-05-2002, 08:30 AM
Oh Logan, you made my eyes well up with tearshttp://www.colute.net/cwm/otn/sad/smily77.gif We all know how much you love your furbies!

Dixieland Dancer
06-05-2002, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by Slave of 15 Dogs
PSSSTT...Candy....it's Molly incognito!! lol And I would NEVER guess that YOU would EVER like Goldens....it just blows my mind!! lol

MINE TOO!!! LOL :D Who needs drugs to blow your mind when you can have dogs (er I meant to say GOLDENS ) !!! LOL :rolleyes:

ramanth
06-05-2002, 08:36 AM
Logan, what special and wonderful ladies you have!

Give them a big hug and kiss for me. :D

Stenograsaurus
06-05-2002, 08:48 AM
Logan, you also made my eyes well up with tears. The more I hear about Goldens, the more I fall in love with them. :D