PDA

View Full Version : How many points does that catch count for?

RICHARD
10-11-2006, 04:08 AM
Passer-by catches falling baby

A US woman has been hailed a hero after catching a baby which had fallen from a third floor balcony.

Mary Bussey and her son Brandon were walking to a junior football game in Denver, Colorado, when they heard the baby crying.

They looked up and saw the eight-month-old baby dangling off the balcony, hanging on by one tiny fist, reports the Rocky Mountain News.

Luckily, the little girl hung on just long enough for Mrs Bussey to position herself below - an instant later, she landed in her ams.

"I just got right underneath her," Mrs Bussey said, "Then, boom! She landed right in my arms.

"It's amazing! A minute earlier or later and we would have missed her."

Chief of Police Gerry Whitman lauded the Busseys as heroes and praised them for their quick thinking.

Police say the baby's 17-year-old mother had left the child in the care of her brothers, aged 13 and 10, while she went to work.

The boys had left the door open and the baby had managed to crawl onto the balcony.

After the incident, the child was taken into custody by social services. She was later returned to her mother but under close watch.

---------------------------------------------------

Bussey was later charged with child endangerment when she spiked the child in the end zone after the catch. :eek: :rolleyes:

Dorothy39
10-11-2006, 08:56 AM
Oh, I was just waiting for that "drum and symbol" sound at the end of the story!!!

Yep, she was a hero, but she JUST couldn't leave well enough ALONE!!!! ;)

Pembroke_Corgi
10-11-2006, 11:35 AM
I was wondering why I didn't hear about this on the news last night...it actually sounds plausible until the end. :p

cmayer31
10-11-2006, 12:17 PM
Bussey was later charged with child endangerment when she spiked the child in the end zone after the catch. :eek: :rolleyes:

Thanks for the good laugh. Needed that one!

RICHARD
10-11-2006, 12:22 PM
It really happened!