PDA

View Full Version : Does your pet follow you around?

Former User
06-04-2002, 03:45 PM
Yup. Got 2 shadows. I can't even go and pee by myself. If I dare to close the toilet door, there's a moaning concert behind it :rolleyes: and when I get out, I have to pet them both as to say I'm sorry I left them outside (yeah Connie, bad, bad, BAD mommy;) ). When I go to the kitchen, same happens, I need to have their companion, godness knows how ould I do without anyways :rolleyes: :D

jennifert
06-04-2002, 03:59 PM
DOES HE EVER!! Duncan follows me everywhere around the house! The only time he is not underfoot is when he knows I'm going to be in one place for a while. If I lie down with a book or something, he will go into the living room or lie outside the bedroom door where he can still see me! And he's so BIG I have to do this funny waddling walk sometimes in small spaces to avoid tripping over him! Those of you with large dogs will know "the walk"!
Yesterday, he had to go to the vet for his rabies shot and distemper updates. Duncan is "bad" at the vet's office. The rooms are so small and he won't let the vet near me and I can't get out of the way so they have to take him out of the room. Well the poor vet, who probably wasn't even as old as me (I'm 30) couldn't get him out of the room. I had to pretend that I was going too and then the leash got all tangled around me. The vet, Duncan and I are all wrapped up in each other, me trying to get out one door and her trying to get him out the other...It was a funny sight! :D I wonder if the vets think I'm strange because he and I are so attached to each other... When they brought him out, I had this big grin on my face...:D and this 80 lb dog comes barreling into my arms like I haven't seen him in days when it's really only been 10 minutes!!
So, yes, my pet follows me around!!!!;) :D

Sara luvs her Tinky
06-04-2002, 07:48 PM
No mine don't :( . I FOLLOW THEM AROUND :eek:
Since the weather has been nice I can't pry my two off of the glass door. All they want to do is look out at the bugs and stuff. So I am always following them around trying to get THEIR attention.!.:p

Former User
06-05-2002, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by Sara luvs her Tinky
No mine don't :( . I FOLLOW THEM AROUND :eek:

LOL LOL Sara!:D :D :D

06-05-2002, 02:47 AM
:rolleyes: Sydney has his own ways !! He does not follow me EVERYWHERE ; but when I walk to the kitchen , he opens his lazy eyes and listens to find out by the sound what I 'm going to do there !! As soon as he is convinced that I touched the shelf with all his food , he puts on his extra turbo-speed and rushes like a wild cheetah into that kitchen !!!! Funny cat !!!:eek: :rolleyes: :p :rolleyes:

LoudLou
06-05-2002, 03:25 AM
Yes! Bonzo Bean is a "Velcro Kitty" and Louie is a "Kling-on"! Mocha is my "Idependent Kitty Girl". She always looks at the boys like she's saying, "Oh, Grow-Up... Sissys!":rolleyes:

C.C.'s Mom
06-05-2002, 04:59 AM
Oh yes, and it often goes on my nerves. But one look into Cookie's eyes and I'm so happy that she's there.

I've got Cookie always attached to my legs. No matter where I am or how hot it is (like now... I couldn really do without Heater Cookie). I sit down and her head is on my feet. I work in the kitchen and she's sleeping on my feet. I sleep and she's resting her head on my legs.
Than, Eddy follows Cookie if she's home. I always say: Eddie is where the action is. And if Rudie is home as well, than he follows a little later too, and is quite vocal because I'm usually not where he wants me to be (sofa).

All 3 of them join me to the bathroom too. Rudie sitting on my lap (why oh why???), Eddy in the sink waiting for the water to flush, Cookie with her head on my feet. Crowded if you know how small the German/Dutch bathrooms are!!!

I know the walk to step over the big dogs. I don't know how often I tried not to wake Cookie, tip-toeing over her and:.... she gets up! And I'm not tall enough that she can walk through my legs. I've got a guardian angel, I'm sure. Otherwise I had my legs and arms already broken a few times.

Pam
06-05-2002, 05:56 AM
The cats only follow me around if I have a kitty treat in my hand! :D :D Seriously, they are just too lazy to do much following. It would interfere with their naptimes. :D

Bella, on the other hand, is like glue. No matter where I go she is there. If I go into the bathroom she waits on the other side of the bathroom door. If I am upstairs and go downstairs she will follow. Sometimes I might be halfway down the steps and remember that I left something upstairs and turn around on the steps and she does too. I really think if I just went up and down the stairs all day she would too. While watching TV she usually in my lap (all 40 lbs. of her) and at night she is in my bed so close to me that she is like a second skin. I love it, though. The thought that she thinks I am that special makes me smile. :)

anna_66
06-06-2002, 01:22 PM
Well, normally not that much. But over the past week or so they have both been on my heels! Seems whatever room I'm in, they are there too. I guess they sense a change coming and don't really understand what it is yet. This morning is really bad. I can't even turn around without stepping on one of them:eek: I have today off and I'm trying to do a little housework and get everything ready for when Ashley comes, and they don't even want to be outside, only to go potty! Oh well, guess I'll just have to keep going around the obstacle course today!