PDA

View Full Version : you know what sucks?

ashleycat
10-10-2006, 10:27 PM
overcooking carrots and tasting like water.

Sirrahsim
10-10-2006, 10:35 PM
eeewww

Vette
10-11-2006, 05:37 AM
Awwwhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/VettesPetz/Smiles/hug.gif

Pawsitive Thinking
10-11-2006, 05:42 AM
try steaming them to keep them crunchy and yum! OMG! I'm giving cooking advice - nurse? the screens!!!

ashleycat
10-11-2006, 09:51 AM
I was steaming them. Or so I thought. I must have had too much water. I don't know how to steam I guess. I put a small amount of water in the pot with the veggies in there. But I didnt' have anything holding them out of the water.

Pawsitive Thinking
10-11-2006, 09:56 AM
I was steaming them. Or so I thought. I must have had too much water. I don't know how to steam I guess. I put a small amount of water in the pot with the veggies in there. But I didnt' have anything holding them out of the water.

You have to have them out of the water - the idea is that they cook in the steam rising from underneath

ashleycat
10-11-2006, 09:57 AM
I know, I need to get a steamer. Well, teh veggies on top were good. The ones on the bottom were like water heehhee

moosmom
10-11-2006, 12:30 PM
Ashleycat,

A steamer is the way to go. I HATE mushy carrots. I have a steamer that my friend gave me that works in the microwave. She thought it was some kind of meat tenderizer thingy. It's actually quite unique (it's by Tupperware). Haven't seen one in their catalog since. It cooks carrots to perfection without allowing them to sit in the water.

luvofallhorses
10-11-2006, 12:50 PM
yuck! I hate cooked carrots...I hate the mushy texture. I love baby carrots and dip them in ranch, but cooked carrots?! YUCK! :rolleyes:

ashleycat
10-11-2006, 01:31 PM
Ashleycat,

A steamer is the way to go. I HATE mushy carrots. I have a steamer that my friend gave me that works in the microwave. She thought it was some kind of meat tenderizer thingy. It's actually quite unique (it's by Tupperware). Haven't seen one in their catalog since. It cooks carrots to perfection without allowing them to sit in the water.
I have one too, but I guess I don't do it right, because they still turn out bad. I'll try again lol