PDA

View Full Version : It's Snowing!!

BC_MoM
10-10-2006, 03:26 PM
Oh my Gosh, you guys.. It's snowing!! :D:D

There's snow storm warnings all over Manitoba.

It started snowing in Thompson and Arborg, MB today (north of Winnipeg). In last class, it started to rain.

Literally when the bell rang, SNOW start falling! It's crazy! It's falling wildly now! We actually had to turn the heater on in the car!

I'm so glad I have a good friend who offered my sister a ride to work and me a ride home. :D

0°C
Overcast. Rain and snow mixed.

FEELS LIKE -5°C
WIND N 20 km/h
GUSTS 35 km/h
RELATIVE HUMIDITY 100%
DEWPOINT 0°C
PRESSURE 100.73 kPa
VISIBILITY 0.4 km
CEILING 300 ft

Karen
10-10-2006, 03:29 PM
Wow! Take pictures!

mustlovedogs
10-10-2006, 03:43 PM
You are so lucky! :D Winter is my favorite season- I absolutely LOVE snow and cold weather. It's supposed to snow here later this week- I am so excited! :D

angelbow20
10-10-2006, 03:45 PM
its like 86 degrees here today!!!! i miss snow

JenBKR
10-10-2006, 03:55 PM
Hey now, you are NOT allowed to say the 'S' word yet! It's still 72 degrees here, and I'd like it to stay that way for a while ;) I know that the cold weather is on it's way, I just want to stay in denial a little longer :p

Pembroke_Corgi
10-10-2006, 04:21 PM
That's cool! The first snow is always fun, even if it does get old after the whole winter...

I agree you should take some pictures! And let Mickey & Molly romp in the snow. :D

Alysser
10-10-2006, 04:23 PM
WOAH! In the fall?! Lucky. I think this calls for some pictures of the M&M's in the snow. ;) :D

GoldenLuv
10-10-2006, 04:28 PM
OMFG you gotta be kidding i am glad its you and not me i am NOT ready for that nasty white stuff yet

buttercup132
10-10-2006, 04:33 PM
:eek: Wow!!! Already thts crazy!!!

*iluvskipper*
10-10-2006, 05:45 PM
omg fun its supposed to snow tonight even tho i don't really want it to be so cold outside b/c then you can like barely be outside w/out freezin ur fingers off!!!!! :(

Tollers-n-Dobes
10-10-2006, 05:46 PM
Atleast your first snowfall is in October, we had our first (of many more I'm sure) in September. Lol...unlike me though, you sound quite happy about snow!

BC_MoM
10-10-2006, 05:52 PM
I'm pretty sure our storms came from your way, Orangutango (sorry, I don't know your name).

Our LAST snowstorm last year was May.

Sorry guys! No pictures. I don't have a camera. Unless someone wants to sell me an old one. ;)

luvofallhorses
10-10-2006, 07:18 PM
It's supposed to snow here. the weather guy keeps on says that it's supposed to snow. :rolleyes: it did on the mountains, but not where I live in the city. I don't mind winter, since my dogs love it..
but fall is my favorite season and I would hate to not have fall here. :(

sammy101
10-10-2006, 07:19 PM
I'm so jealous! I miss the snow like crazy. Please take some pictures when you get the chance. :)

GreyhoundGirl
10-10-2006, 07:24 PM
I know !! I was watching the news this morning, people in my home town were celebration the hottest day in over a month, ( people were swimming in the great lacs !!! :eek: ) while, less than a province away, you guys had a major snowstorm. Looked like the wet, mushy snow, eh?

BC_MoM
10-10-2006, 07:31 PM
Yep, very slushy and slippery out! I'm sure it'll freeze overnight and there will be plenty of accidents tomorrow morning. :(

GreyhoundGirl
10-10-2006, 07:33 PM
Think on the bright side: Maybe there will be a snow-day !!

( Don't call me childish, I LOVE snow days ! :D )

BC_MoM
10-10-2006, 08:37 PM
Actually, we don't get snow days. ;)

In all of my 13 (including kindergarten) years of school, we've only had one snow day. And that was because it was a school in the country and no buses were traveling that day.

dogzr#1
10-10-2006, 09:08 PM
Lucky! It's still in the 90's here! We are getting a cold front though and it's taking the temperatures into the 70's!

We had our first snowfall in over a hundred years back in '03 (I think). I was glad to finally see snow! Given it was only like half an inch, but it was still awsome! The girls loved it, but Prince wasn't so enthusiastic. Can you guys send some snow this way? I'll trade you weather!

MajesticCollies
10-10-2006, 09:19 PM
Lucky Lucky YOU!!!! We are all blowing hard to keep it up north your way. lol

cali
10-10-2006, 10:26 PM
lol, it snowed here too, I was walking out of the docters office at work and looked out the window to see SNOW, personally it doesnt make me happy lol

Corinna
10-11-2006, 12:10 AM
Neanaer neanrer we had some 2 weeks ago didn't stay but we had it ( a month early)

K9karen
10-11-2006, 12:41 AM
I like snow but have summer withdrawal..so pleeeeze keep it to yourself for a while longer, OK? :p

Maya & Inka's mommy
10-11-2006, 04:16 AM
Oh my, I wish it was here! We hardly get 1 day of snow every winter.... :(

Pembroke_Corgi
10-11-2006, 10:56 AM
Actually, we don't get snow days. ;)

In all of my 13 (including kindergarten) years of school, we've only had one snow day. And that was because it was a school in the country and no buses were traveling that day.
You've got to be joking!! Wow!

When I was in elementary school, we lived in Virginia and they would close the school if there was like, 1/2" on the ground, no kidding. Haha, but they are wimpy down there... :D In Iowa we only got cancelled for blizzards or ice storms, but they only closed k-12, the university NEVER closed for anything- except the tornado that hit last April, and that was the first time they closed in about 30 years.

BC_MoM
10-11-2006, 11:00 AM
I think we don't get them because we live with snow a fair part of the year. I guess you guys get snow days because you can't handle the weather and the driving conditions. ;)

Pembroke_Corgi
10-11-2006, 11:03 AM
I think we don't get them because we live with snow a fair part of the year. I guess you guys get snow days because you can't handle the weather and the driving conditions. ;)
Haha, yeah you are probably right. It's not so great, anyway, because you just have to make the days up when the weather is nice!

cali
10-11-2006, 11:28 AM
we dont get snowdays either(not that I am that far lol) schools still run if there is 2 feet of snow on the ground and a 50 below blizzard(no joke, I remeber walking to school in that lol) the closest to a snow day we get is in elementry school when the temps drop below -40*C then there is indoor recess lol

GreyhoundGirl
10-20-2006, 03:28 PM
Earlier today we got REALLY COLD RAIN. Not snow, just terribly cool rain. Now it's snowing. Jen and I will be going out to it soon, so this won't be a long message ;)

It's been snowing for about 15 mins and already it is easily visible on the ground. :eek: Comming down in huge flakes. Now that it has started, it will never stop.

Great, this means I will have to hurry on that coat I want to make Jen. The weather turns quite quickly here. I think I'll just make her a snood. ;)

Lori Jordan
10-20-2006, 03:33 PM
it is snowing like cats and dogs here right now.Lacy and Maggy have always loved the first snowfall,Molly was like ok.....Storm started screaming to get back in poor guy and the two outdoor cats are snuggled near the fireplace i think they will be in full time now,They usually stay outside in the summer,But now that it is cold they will spend all there time in.