PDA

View Full Version : So I can't do this.. (job opportunity)

CountryWolf07
10-10-2006, 02:42 PM
This is stupid. I applied for a job, as a graphic designer here at the OSU, it's $8.65 an hour to create various stuff whatever the architecture program needed.... So, I emailed saying I was interested, then and I got an email from a guy saying thank you & then asking me if I had a Work Award.. and I said, no, and I had never heard of it, then I recieved an email back from him, which he said he won't let me because I'm not in a work program, and he can't hire any outsiders of the program. If I wanted to, I'd have to go through and I'd have to apply through Faniancial Aid and get an award, but I won't be able to until next quarter.

*Sigh* There goes an opportunity to make good $ and I would've been good at it. :(

It sucks being broke. I could be using my skills for something as extra money while I am taking classes.

Karen
10-10-2006, 02:45 PM
Well, now's the ime to start the paperwork for next quarter, then!

CountryWolf07
10-10-2006, 02:52 PM
I'm debating if it's worth it or not.. It's too much work going through the Finanical Aid.

Vela
10-10-2006, 02:53 PM
Well if you really want to do it sign up and stop lamenting how hard it is, if it's a good opportunity do it, life IS work, it isn't going to get any easier. If it's something you would be good at, then do what it takes. We can't always not do things because they may be hard, or we would never do anything.

BC_MoM
10-10-2006, 03:36 PM
I deem myself a graphic desgner as well, even though I don't do it as a job. Yet.

But if I were you, I would work as hard as I could to get this job. If you get it in the end, it's all worth it.