PDA

View Full Version : Update on the Babies

Dustys People 2
10-10-2006, 12:28 PM
Ok its been almost 24 hours all the babies are eating good, The wife sleeping as she was up and down with them all Night. They all appear to be doing well, but with them being so young that can change in the blink of an eye. Thank you all for your helpful advice and the many prayers. I have attached a pick of on of the black babies, will be hard to name the black ones till their a little older so we can see their Personality. We will keep posting (on their Health) until the babies are in the clear and and Adopted.

Dustys People 2
10-10-2006, 12:40 PM
For those who haven't heard the whole story you can view it here: http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=114306&page=1&pp=15

orangemm
10-10-2006, 01:59 PM
What a wonderful thing you are doing, saving these little lives. You have a lot of work in store for you, but the rewards will be so worth it!

The babies are so darling, all of them.

Bless you for all you are doing.

Lizzie
10-10-2006, 02:12 PM
I keep re-visiting the picture of the tiny black kitten, she/he is just perfect, and so very contented. It's going to be very interesting to watch these tiny kittens grow on PT, and fun for us since we won't be doing any of the work! I'm sure the black kittens will soon give you an idea of their various personalities so that you can name them. I never name mine by colour, unless the personality goes with the colour like my Taranis who has both a thunder-cloud colour and a thunderous personality to match.

I can't help but think each time I look at the picture, that if it wasn't for you this little body would be lying lifeless in the bottom of a trash can by now.

RedHedd
10-10-2006, 04:02 PM
OMG! What a sweet, teeny wittle baby! So cute!

jazzcat
10-10-2006, 04:57 PM
I'm so glad they are doing so well.

What a sweet little baby!

Dustys People 2
10-10-2006, 05:41 PM
Since the last post we have lost one black kitten :( and another very weak :( . We are doing everything we know to do, What is going wrong :confused: ? The babies that are sucking like they would on the mommy are very active and the that aren't trying to suck are getting weak is there something more we can do :confused: ???

Catty1
10-10-2006, 05:44 PM
Use a syringe to squirt the food into the ones that won't suck. Might be kind of messy.

Hopefully they will catch on after a few days.

I am so sorry about your second RB baby. :( I hope they are guradian angels for the rest.

jazzcat
10-10-2006, 05:46 PM
I'm so sorry. I'm praying for the little ones.

moosmom
10-10-2006, 06:11 PM
How precious!!!! I want him! :p

K & L
10-10-2006, 06:48 PM
I just can't wait to watch these guys grow-up! What a wonderful thing you and your wife are doing for them.

Rie Rie
10-10-2006, 08:40 PM
Kevlin, even if not all of them make it, at least you know and we all here know you did the best that you could. Those two may have just sick to begin with and nothing anyone did wouldn't have saved them. Don't beat yourself up over losing them, you did a great thing just by not leaving them where they were to die. Not everyone knows what a big heart you have like I do, so just hang in there and keep doing what you're doing.
Love U Little Brother.............

Lizzie
10-10-2006, 08:52 PM
I think many of us thought it likely that you would lose more kittens, it is to be expected especially since they'd been away from their mothers warmth and milk for so long. It's not much to console you but do take comfort in the fact that they died with something in their tummies, in warmth and comfort. I hope you didn't lose the black kitten that was in your wife's hand?

Catlady711
10-10-2006, 09:02 PM
Sorry to hear you've lost another kitten :(

From what I've read even if you do everything right, sometimes kittens die from what they refer to as 'kitten fading syndrome'.

Don't beat yourself up, just concentrate on the ones you have left. Do try the syringe idea for those that won't suck on the bottle.

Best of luck with your babies. :)

kimlovescats
10-10-2006, 09:11 PM
I was so relieved then I read your latest post! It's NOT your fault! When they are this tiny, only the strongest survive. Even with mom feeding them this is VERY common to lose one or more!!! Again, if they are too young or unable to suck the bottle, PLEASE use the syringe. Just be careful to not get it in their noses or lungs. Keep them sitting normal and just barely tilt their heads back enough to pry the syringe into their mouths. They have to get nourishment or they will starve quickly. Again though, it won't be your fault, some times they just don't make it!

That one little blackie looks like a "baby bear" to me!!!! ;)

Keep up the good work! :)

Kim

Dustys People 2
10-10-2006, 10:21 PM
My wife was asking if anyone knows how long before the babies will start opening their eyes. 5 are still doing good 1 is still surviving. Just hope he hangs in there. But here are a few more Pics for now, some pics you only see 4 the others are being feed.

kimlovescats
10-10-2006, 10:56 PM
Usually around 10 days ... some may be a couple of days earlier, some up to 2 weeks! ;)

jazzcat
10-10-2006, 10:58 PM
I believe they will start to open their eyes around 10-14 days old.

They sure are cute. They look like a larger amount of the 3 little rescues I have. Two tuxies and a gray one.

You guys are doing a great job!

krazyaboutkatz
10-11-2006, 12:42 AM
I'm so sorry to hear that you lost one of the kittens.:( RIP little one.:( I hope that the rest of them will thrive in your care. You're doing a wonderful thing here. Good luck.:)

Freedom
10-11-2006, 08:56 AM
They are so sweet and so lucky to have you! Remember, it is the journey, NOT the destination. Some of them you are helping along on their journey to cross the RB. They knew love, tenderness, comfort, food and warmth, and they didn't die alone on a cement floor in a closet. That is just as important! And others, you are helping them on their journey to becoming wonderful companions! I know it is devastating to lose one, you are investing so much of yourself into these little cuties. We would wonder about both of you if you didn't feel anything! We are all sending positive thoughts that the group of you get through this together!

Dustys People 2
10-11-2006, 02:40 PM
Ok the weak one from yesterday has been a little more active today, they all seem to be doing good. But don't want to bragg cause they were all doing good then we lost the little on.......... So lets prey we don't lose anymore. Mom will be home sometime today :D . I just hope she can help. Well I will post later. Thank you all

orangemm
10-11-2006, 02:45 PM
You are doing everything you can, and it looks like most of it is working! It's a formidable job, but so rewarding!

You guys are the best!

kimlovescats
10-11-2006, 03:00 PM
Ok the weak one from yesterday has been a little more active today, they all seem to be doing good. But don't want to bragg cause they were all doing good then we lost the little on.......... So lets prey we don't lose anymore. Mom will be home sometime today :D . I just hope she can help. Well I will post later. Thank you all

That's great news! Hang in there, Laura is on the way! Can't wait to see her back on the board!!!! :D

Donnaj4962
10-11-2006, 03:52 PM
You two are doing a great job! These little ones are lucky to have you to help. I am sorry that you lost one of the babies. RIP little one.

Please keep us posted! The pictures are so adorable!

kb2yjx
10-11-2006, 03:52 PM
WOW!! Miss one day on Cat General and you sure miss alot!!! I agree with Freedom's post! You and your wife are absolutely incredible people to do this!!!! Prayers for all the kittens and you both!!! St. Francis has a VERY big smile on his face as he watches you lovingly care for these little creatures!!

Catlady711
10-11-2006, 06:05 PM

Just take it one day at a time.

Glad the sickly one is more active, sounds like a good sign!

good luck

Laura's Babies
10-11-2006, 07:29 PM
Kevlin, they are so SWEEEEEEET! MY! MY! MY! Little Darlings!! As I told you earlier on the phone, I think you would be extreemly lucky if even half of them survive.... not that I am any expert on raising infant kittens on a bottle.

My mind just keeps fast forwarding 3 to 4 weeks to the ones that do make it and how cute they will be and what a blast it would be to have them in the house. Kittens playing are just to much fun to watch and so darn sweet!

Mike has offered to help any way he can although I am not sure how far he is willing to go (like in 2 hour bottle feedings or what?)

rg_girlca
10-11-2006, 09:53 PM
Bless you two for rescuing these precious little ones. I'm sorry you lost one, but it sounds like the others are thriving in your care.

Prayers on the way that they continue to do well.

Dustys People 2
10-11-2006, 09:55 PM
To night the weak baby is back to the weak stage, and like last night he is not alone we have one other black baby as weak as him/her. I just hope they do like last nigt and fight their way back to having strenth..... I was amazed that the one started strenthing up. They have proven that they are fighters and I just hope & Pray they do the same again tonight.

Catty1
10-11-2006, 09:59 PM
I hope so too...if they were not suckling, they might still need to "feed up" for a day or two to catch up for what they lost.

PRAYERS for those little ones!

You are doing wonderfully.

Laura - get over there and help the two little sick guys! :(

Dustys People 2
10-11-2006, 10:45 PM
The 2 weak babies passed to the other side. They will now be skipping across the clouds of heaven with the other 2 babies. Guess God just needed some babies in Heaven for the Angels. It saddens us to have lost 4 of the 8 I just hope that they look over the remaining babies. Rest in Peace little babies Rest in Peace..........

rg_girlca
10-11-2006, 10:49 PM
Oh gosh I am so, so sorry that you lost 2 more. Please know that it wasn't your fault. You and hubby are doing your best. The first hours are so critical for these little ones and these 4 were just too weak to survive.

Prayers on the way that the other 4 thrive in your care.

jazzcat
10-11-2006, 11:06 PM
Oh how heartbreaking for you. I'm so sorry. You are doing such a good job but some things are just meant to be.

Rest in Peace little ones.

krazyaboutkatz
10-11-2006, 11:27 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that you lost 2 more.:( RIP little ones.:( Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way. I hope that the remaining 4 will stay strong and thrive in your care.

kb2yjx
10-12-2006, 03:51 AM
THat is sad news to read that 2 more have gone to the Bridge. But now they are big, strong, and healthy. They know how much you loved and cared for them!! Sleep softly, little babies...

Catty1
10-12-2006, 08:51 AM
I am soo sorry. I would guess that they were without food for too long before you found them - which isn't too long with a kitten - and maybe they had suffered some damage that couldn't be fixed.

If all the love in the world could have saved them - they would be fine. But sadly, it's not enough sometimes.

They were warm, fed and loved.

RIP little ones - play hard with your siblings at the Bridge.

Laura's Babies
10-12-2006, 09:00 AM
Awwww Kevlin. That is so sad for you and Rhonda, I know it is hard to loose them when they are so small and helpless. Catty was right, if love could pull them through, they would have thrived but it takes more than love. You just got them to late but at least they have experienced the loving human touch and did not die cold and alone in that closet.

RIP little ones, your lives were not wasted or un noticed and neither were your deaths. Play hard together at RB!

Catlady711
10-12-2006, 02:32 PM
That is very sad to hear that 2 more have passed. :( My sympathies are with you.

kimlovescats
10-12-2006, 04:33 PM
I'm SO sorry!!!! :( Please try to remember that it is VERY hard to keep an entire litter of this age alive! My Tabitha was the ONLY survivor of her litter! Don't give up hope!

((((((HUGS)))))))
Kim

Dustys People 2
10-12-2006, 06:53 PM
Today the 3 remaining black ones are very active, eating well and appear to bed doing ok...... The one little grey baby is very weak not very responsive... I hope that will change in the next hour or so.

Catty1
10-12-2006, 06:56 PM
Oh no...Oh, I hope she comes around! I wish I knew what happens to these babies...it is SO not fair.

kimlovescats
10-12-2006, 06:57 PM
Today the 3 remaining black ones are very active, eating well and appear to bed doing ok...... The one little grey baby is very weak not very responsive... I hope that will change in the next hour or so.

I'm sorry things aren't looking very good for the little gray one. I have been through what you are going through ....even when they DID have a mommy cat. It might even be that the mom left them because she knew they weren't well ... but we'll hope that's not the case. Either way, you are doing ALL that anyone could do!!!

Hugs to you and prayers for the remaining babies! Keep struggling and fighting, little ones!!!

Kim

Dustys People 2
10-12-2006, 07:16 PM
Just checked on the babies again and found the little grey one had pass on. He/she is now on the journey with the other babies. I told the wife that God had put me on that job site for a reason and maybe the reason was for us to help them along their path. I will say this much if one makes it it will be named Miracle.

Catty1
10-12-2006, 07:20 PM
:(

Am glad the last three are doing well. Prayers for their continued health and growth.

Are you making a special spot for the little RB babies in your yard?

Dustys People 2
10-12-2006, 07:42 PM
:(

Am glad the last three are doing well. Prayers for their continued health and growth.

Are you making a special spot for the little RB babies in your yard?

Yes they are being put to rest around another special baby we had, they will all be in good hands with Princess, As they go through the Kitty Gates of Heaven.

krazyaboutkatz
10-12-2006, 07:47 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that the little grey baby has now passed on. RIP little one.:( I hope that the 3 remaining kittens will stay strong and thrive. Please continue to keep us updated about them.

Freedom
10-12-2006, 07:49 PM
They are SO young, it is VERY difficult to help them at this age. You are doing a fine job! Sorry to hear about the little gray baby. This is so very difficult for you both, I am sure. But I am still glad you took them home!!!!

rg_girlca
10-12-2006, 08:45 PM
Oh Gosh, I am so sorry to hear that the little gray one has passed on.

You guys are doing the best that you can and I pray that the last 3 will survive so that you'll know that your efforts were not in vain.

I hope you know what I mean when I say that I am glad that the 5 other widdle ones had you to help them cross over peacefully and that they knew they were loved.

Laura's Babies
10-12-2006, 11:18 PM
The older members will remember this lovely girl that I brought home from the shelter when I was helping out down there that I named Princess because of her elegant beauty. I always felt like she was "gotten rid of" when her human had to go into a nursing home or died. She was absolutely horrified at the shelter so I brought her home. She hadn't eaten at all at the shelter from Wednesday to Friday, had drank no water, eaten or used the litter box... Anyway Kevlin took her in and they kept her until she died from the grief of loosing her human and being thrown away. She was laid to rest in his yard and these babies are now laid to rest with her so that she and they are not alone.

I am sorry to hear the grey baby died Kevlin. God will bless you for trying to help his little creatures.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid125/pb7ce1c6355e2db1a4e74b862e89be696/f7fafebd.jpg

smokey the elder
10-13-2006, 09:47 AM
Princess-angel will guide the precious kittens to the Rainbow Bridge, and show them around.

kimlovescats
10-13-2006, 10:02 AM
What a beautiful tribute to Princess, a beautiful girl!!!

kb2yjx
10-13-2006, 11:25 AM
I am sorry to read that the gray baby is at the Bridge. Sleep softly, little gray one... Get stronger little ones that are left!!

Dustys People 2
10-13-2006, 05:27 PM
Today they are doing good, The awsome 3some appear in good shape. They sure are eating alot better.... They have been very active and are ery virbal, Lets just keep our fingers crossed that the stay in this shape..

kimlovescats
10-13-2006, 05:30 PM
Today they are doing good, The awsome 3some appear in good shape. They sure are eating alot better.... They have been very active and are ery virbal, Lets just keep our fingers crossed that the stay in this shape..

I am guessing that these are the three that will survive! If they are eating like piggies and so active, then I'd say they stand an excellent chance! I can't wait to see more um *clears throat* PICTURES! :D

Kim

Laura's Babies
10-13-2006, 05:34 PM
Yup Kim, (cough....cough) wonder what they look like now?

Great Kevlin! Maybe things will turn around now and move fowards and you'll have romping, playful kittens in no time!

Dustys People 2
10-13-2006, 05:50 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmm..... Think they look Better now???

Catty1
10-13-2006, 05:51 PM
*SQUEAL!* Yes! :d

Freedom
10-13-2006, 06:13 PM
Aw GeeEEE! They are so special! :D

krazyaboutkatz
10-13-2006, 09:01 PM
I'm so glad to hear that 3 kittens are doing so well.:)

kimlovescats
10-13-2006, 09:04 PM
Such sweet babies!!! It's hard to tell when they are so little, but they sure are precious! I hope and pray that these last 3 will make it! ;)

Laura's Babies
10-13-2006, 09:18 PM
OH! :eek: OH! :eek: OH! :eek: OH! OH! How cute is that???? Just waaaaay to cute! They look like they are getting around good and exploring their world! Are their eyes opening any?

Dustys People 2
10-13-2006, 09:21 PM
Eyes are still closed they are exploring by feel only for now....

jazzcat
10-13-2006, 10:48 PM
I'm glad the three are holding strong. Prayers that they continue to do well.

Dustys People 2
10-14-2006, 12:40 PM
The remaining 3 babies have turned into the three little pigs. They are all three eating very well. Soon as we put them back in their bed after feeding them Poof the are out. I would hope this means they have gotten their little bellies full. But we are not going to let our guard down cause I know in the back of my head that could change. It could get a lot better or a lot worse. So we will still feed and prey. Well thats todays update,,,,,,, After next feeding I will take and post more Pictures.

orangemm
10-14-2006, 01:31 PM
You all have done such a tremendous job with these babies; what an incredible amount of effort and love it takes to nudge these little ones from helpless kittens to babies who can move around on their own.

All that good food and love have gone a long way. Keep up the good work! (and post often!)

rg_girlca
10-14-2006, 02:45 PM
I am so glad to hear that the surviving 3 babies are doing well.

Great job you two and looking forward to those pictures. :D

krazyaboutkatz
10-14-2006, 02:48 PM
I am so glad to hear that the surviving 3 babies are doing well.

Great job you two and looking forward to those pictures. :D

Yes, what she just said.:D

Dustys People 2
10-14-2006, 05:20 PM
On one of the babies we can see its eyes. Its about 1/3 of the way open is this a good thing?, or could it have been scrached open by one of the other babies?

kb2yjx
10-14-2006, 05:51 PM
I do not have an answer to your question, but I am very happy to read that the wee threesome are doing well!!

Laura's Babies
10-14-2006, 07:50 PM
It is probably time they open on their own.. The Mama could have had them somewhere else and moved them into that closet and they are older than we think... Watch the rest and see if theirs start opening in the next few days.

Dustys People 2
10-15-2006, 10:58 AM
Today as I was feeding the little ones I noticed one eye completely opened. So I dacided I needed to do a little more research on this, So I returned to http://www.animalhelp.com/library/articledetail.cfm?artid=149 and then I read that Kittens are born with their eyes closed; their eyes open 7-14 days after birth. So this is a good thing. Now on to the better news after feeding the little ones I was hold the little one with one eye open and guess what I am hearing..............The baby was PURRRRRRRRing even a better sign. This tells me he is happy and content...

Laura's Babies
10-15-2006, 11:39 AM
Awwww! A purring infant kitty! That is wonderful and it means the baby is happy and content.. You & Rhonda are doing such a good job with them. Kep up the good work and all your efforts will be rewarded with some happy healthy kittens.

Dustys People 2
10-15-2006, 11:57 AM
We now have 2 babies with one eye open the pics are a little blury but was trying to let you see the eyes.

Laura's Babies
10-15-2006, 12:03 PM
Wow! They are getting around all over the place and their eyes are opening!! Yaaaaa! They are just to cute and sweet... (how'd you know I was fixing to ask for pictures again?)

orangemm
10-15-2006, 12:48 PM
I bet all eyes will be open in a couple of days! You guys are doing a GREAT JOB!

kimlovescats
10-15-2006, 12:57 PM
How precious!!!! It looks like you've got at least two tortie girls? Is that right? Are they all 3 torties, or is one black?

krazyaboutkatz
10-15-2006, 02:23 PM
Thanks for the wonderful update.:) You're doing a great job with them.:)

kb2yjx
10-15-2006, 04:31 PM
This is such joyous news!!! GO GO babies!!!

Catty1
10-15-2006, 04:41 PM
Awww! How sweet - how great to see these three made it!

Remember, NONE of them had a chance without you! And they all got the best chance...and at the very least, love & warmth and full tummies. :)

Bless you!

Freedom
10-15-2006, 06:01 PM
Yippee!!

Dustys People 2
10-15-2006, 09:06 PM
Tonight is a good night for the babies they have eaten, got the belly full, and went right to sleep. These little ones appear to be doing good. Two of them have their eyes open the third is looking like its eyes are opening. We will know for sure tomorrow.

Dustys People 2
10-15-2006, 09:08 PM
How precious!!!! It looks like you've got at least two tortie girls? Is that right? Are they all 3 torties, or is one black?

All the babies are black and very active.... I forgot to mention the girls are here this week so thats an additional 8 hands for helping feed.

kimlovescats
10-15-2006, 09:53 PM
All the babies are black and very active.... I forgot to mention the girls are here this week so thats an additional 8 hands for helping feed.

Oops! I must have seen dirty KMR faces then! :D I thought they had tan coloring on their faces! Maybe it was just shadows from the flash! So, you aren't sure of their sexes yet?

ShylanHal
10-15-2006, 11:16 PM
Ooohhhh!!! >_< If I didn't live so far away, I'd adopt one when it was older! Or even take it onto myself to bottle feed the baby. I've had experience with one of my earlier cats, Fritti. They are just SO ADORABLE!!!
I'm glad they're doing good!!

...and I CAN'T BELIEVE IT TOOK ME THIS LONG TO NOTICE THIS THREAD!!!

elleagwire
10-16-2006, 12:23 AM
What a wonderful thing you are doing, saving these little lives. You have a lot of work in store for you, but the rewards will be so worth it!

The babies are so darling, all of them.

Bless you for all you are doing.

Indeed, kind hearts are blessed with so many things in life. So these kitties are but blessings for such a wonderful job you did for them ( they're pretty adorable really). I hope these kitties grows up nurtured with love and care... and I know you can give these all to them...

http://www.kittens-lair.net/store/en/top-cat.jpg

Elle Mayson :)

tesco on line (http://outescoonline.com)
home owner insurance rate (http://homeownerinsuranceratern.com)
lancaster defective product attorney (http://lancasterdefectiveproductattorney.com)

rg_girlca
10-16-2006, 02:49 PM
Oh I am so glad to hear how well these three are doing. They are of course so adorable.

Keep up the great job that you are doing. :)

Dustys People 2
10-16-2006, 08:41 PM
Ok The News we have all been waiting on........Drum Roll Please \ / \ / \ / \ /
All three babies eyes are open. They are all eating good and the verdict is looks like 2 girls and 1 boy...... I had to save the best for last LOL they all three fit into one of my hands STILL. I know it won't be long and I will be lucky for one to fit.

Laura's Babies
10-16-2006, 08:49 PM
Awwwwwwwwwww! The widdle peepers are OPEN!!! YAAAAAAAA!!!! This is so exciting!!!!! I think by next week end, I will HAVE to see them... WITH camera, of coarse!

rg_girlca
10-16-2006, 08:49 PM
YYYYYIIIIIPPPPPPEEEEE!!!!!!

These 3 widdle ones have survived because of the fabulous job that you and hubby have done for them.. It sounds like it's clear sailing from now on. :)
Thank you for doing all that you have done. Great job.

You know that we will have to have weekly pictures of these sweet babies aaannnnndddddd NAMES for them also. :D

krazyaboutkatz
10-16-2006, 11:11 PM
This is wonderful news!!!:D We need to see some new pictures of them.:)

orangemm
10-17-2006, 04:44 AM
How wonderful!! Now they can start exploring and looking around!! You must be one proud purrent!!!

catfamily
10-17-2006, 06:16 AM
This is great news.I'm so happy for them.I'm sorry I didn't see this thread earlier.Great Job :)

kb2yjx
10-17-2006, 12:39 PM
The news just keeps getting better and better!!!

Dustys People 2
10-17-2006, 09:54 PM
Todays update is about the same as yesterday, the only change is the are now following movement. If we move across the room they try and follow. They all seem to doing very good. The next step will be weaning them and getting them adopted. ANYONE LOOKING!!!!! LOL Guess it is still kinda early for to be thinking of weaning, but gosh we can't wait. Gotta catch up on them ZZZZZZZZZZ's. Is like having a baby times 3 LOL. Well time for bed will try and get pics posted by the weekend.

Catty1
10-17-2006, 10:16 PM
Just a little longer - hey, where's MOM???

Soon they will be sleeping in the bed with you!

LOL - I can just see those little wobble legs and toes trying to follow you! You two are their momcat, they don't know any different.

Though in two years, they might get neurotic wondering why they aren't walking on two legs yet.... :D

GREAT news!!!! I hope you get some sleep soon.

They are 3 weeks old now???

kimlovescats
10-17-2006, 10:35 PM
I'm so happy to hear that they are thriving so well! It will be *just* a few more weeks before the weaning! :eek: ;)

kt_luvs_kitties
10-17-2006, 11:15 PM
Thank you for helping these babies. THEY ARE PRECIOUS!!!!

kb2yjx
10-19-2006, 02:25 PM
Hope all is well since we have not heard from you in awhile!!!

Dustys People 2
10-19-2006, 09:22 PM
Hope all is well since we have not heard from you in awhile!!!

Yes the babies are still doing good, Just been real busy tending to them as well as the new Orphan we have.

kb2yjx
10-20-2006, 12:09 PM
A "new orphan?!" Do tell!!!! Glad to hear the babies are doing well.....

Dustys People 2
10-20-2006, 02:50 PM
A "new orphan?!" Do tell!!!! Glad to hear the babies are doing well.....

Here is then Thread on the new Orphan http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=114880 go see.LOL

Persianluvr
10-20-2006, 05:55 PM
Hi, I just stumbled across this forum when I was searching the internet. My best friend does rescue work and I have helped raise kittens from birth myself. I want to Applaud Dusty for all you are doing for these baby kittens. It is hard when they are so small and can pass on in seconds with little warning. We personally use a homemade recipe for formula but KMR is good too. If they don't get that colostrum in the first 24 hours they rarely make it. I will pray for these little kittens. Just make sure you rub the warm wet cottonball or papertowel on their behinds at least 3 times a day. If they don't eliminate it can be toxic to them. Warmth is very important until they are at least 3 weeks old, they cannot regulate their bodie temperature until then. Also their eyes can close again so don't get alarmed if they do. Sometimes a warm wet papertowel to open again. I will keep checking this thread so I can help if you have any questions along the way. Its not easy to raise orphaned kittens but it can be done and is so rewarding. Kudos to you.

WarahGirl1995
10-20-2006, 06:58 PM
Awwwww,so cute!!!!!!!!! :)

kb2yjx
10-28-2006, 11:51 AM
How are things going with the babies and the "Orphan??"