PDA

View Full Version : What could this be?

sparks19
10-10-2006, 09:58 AM
for starters. I haven't gotten any real sleep in 2 days. I'm exhausted but can't sleep. If I am thinking about things at bedtime I don't realize it. As far as I know I haven't been thinking about anything when I go to bed. BUT.....

I have had this pain. it's in my VERY lower right abdomen. It doesn't hurt just sitting here but if I press on it (like laying on my stomach, bad I know but thats how I sleep the best) it does hurt. and some movements make it hurt too. The pain is like the pain you would get if you had a bad bruise and someone poked the bruise only a little more painful (it's the best description I could come up with). I have been getting really bad cramps the past week too and my "time of the month" is passed and won't be back for at least two more weeks. I don't know what that pain is but Brian is really worried now. I'm sure it's probably nothing but I think that may be what is preventing me from sleeping. I took some advil but it's not making the pain go away.

I just want to get some d@mn sleep. has anyone tried those Tylenol PM's? Not for use all the time but I would like to get some sleep tonight at the very least. and I wish this pain would go away.

Pawsitive Thinking
10-10-2006, 10:01 AM
appendicitis?

do you have a rash - could be shingles?

Either way you should get yourself to a doctor my dear

sparks19
10-10-2006, 10:14 AM
appendicitis?

do you have a rash - could be shingles?

Either way you should get yourself to a doctor my dear

I have no rash. I don't feel bad either. Just the pain. I don't have a fever, I don't feel sick. Is it possible that constipation could cause a pain like this in that area? LOL I know TMI but I have been having trouble in that department and the pain kinda subsides a little after I manage to go.

I am going to try something for that tonight and if it is not better by tomorrow I will be going to the Dr.

catnapper
10-10-2006, 10:17 AM
A read of a website with a great symptom finder at the doctor's office yesterday. Check it out familydoctor.org

sparks19
10-10-2006, 10:24 AM
Thanks for the website catnapper :D

this is interesting

"If you are adding fiber to your diet, start slowly and gradually increase the amount. This will help reduce gas and bloating. Make sure to drink plenty of water too."

I have recently changed my diet and am eating A LOT of veggies and high fiber foods. I did not do this gradually lol. and if I remember correctly it was soon after switching my diet that I started to have BM troubles. lol

caseysmom
10-10-2006, 11:03 AM
Okay along the tmi thing when I eat too many soybeans I get a pain like that from constipation :o