PDA

View Full Version : In Loving Memory of Joan Ploss...

moosmom
10-09-2006, 08:20 PM
October 10th is the 33rd anniversary of my Mom's death. She was only 44 years old and died from lung cancer that traveled to her brain. I couldn't figure out why I was feeling so sad today and then I looked at the calendar.

I miss you Mom, more than you'll ever know. You always said that if I wanted to come by a visit that you'd be easy to find. It's right near the road. If not just throw the flowers out the window. That's my Mom. She had a heart of gold and a sense of humor to beat all.

Love you Mom.

oxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Soapets
10-09-2006, 08:25 PM
I can definitely relate. My mother died 28 years ago August 22nd of lung cancer. She was 42. I was 17. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers tomorrow (10th) and the next several days as the anniversary of her funeral comes and goes, as well...................

Deb

P.S. Have you ever read the book "Motherless Daughters"? It is a wonderful book, and discusses how these anniversaries affect us, as well as lots of other things that we experience over the years..........

Dorothy39
10-09-2006, 08:28 PM
Oh, What what a Beautiful Memory of your Mother. Isn't it true, that we grow to understand our "Mother" in such a profound way, as each Anniversary of their Departure Date calls on us , without a moment of hesitation!!

Bless Her Heart~ and Yours!!!!

caseysmom
10-09-2006, 09:46 PM
Donna, Your parents sound like they were lovely people, I am sorry you lost your mother at such a young age.

kimlovescats
10-09-2006, 10:06 PM
((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))) Donna!!!

Kim

cyber-sibes
10-09-2006, 10:33 PM
What a lovely lady! (((hugs))) to you on this anniversary, Donna. I lost my mom to cancer, too, 13 1/2 years ago. I still think of her everyday too.

moosmom
10-10-2006, 08:50 AM
Deb,

I'm heading out to the Library right now to get the book. Today is kind of a somber day for me. But I know that she's up there with my entire family toasting the day as my Dad puffs away on his cigar and watching over me. All I'm waiting for now is the smell of the cigar smoke. :p

My Peanuts
10-10-2006, 01:08 PM
I miss you Mom, more than you'll ever know.

She knows.

Some wounds never heal. They get better, but they don't go away. You will be in my thoughts and prayers on this difficult day.

davidpizzica
10-10-2006, 01:48 PM
{{{{HUGS}}}} to you, Donna on this sad anniversary. I know you're feeling her loss even now. Just remember the shoulder is there.

moosmom
10-10-2006, 03:56 PM
I was okay today until I played a CD by Jim Brickman. One of the songs on it was "I Love You Mom". That did it for me. I had LES. The hurt just never seems to go away. :(

Have I ever thanked you
For everything you've done
Now all that I can say is,
I love you Mom"

Thank you for nursing me
Through all those colds and fevers
Thank you for believing in me
When there were no other believers

It's never too late to say it
I love you Mom

:(

Soapets
10-10-2006, 05:58 PM
Let me know what you think of the book "Motherless Daughters", Donna. It was very helpful to me to read it---puts a lot of things into words and lets us know that what we are feeling and thinking is not abnormal. I hope it helps some..........................

Deb

moosmom
10-10-2006, 06:07 PM
Deb,

I went to the library and grabbed the wrong book. Didn't realize it till I got home. I got her other book, "Motherless Mothers". It's about how growing up without a mother influences how you as a mother.

I'm going to return it tomorrow after my doctor's appointment. Thanks for recommending it. I'll let you know what I think. Usually I can tell if I'm going to like the book in the first few pages. If it's anything like Motherless Mothers, I know I'll like it.

Soapets
10-10-2006, 11:01 PM
I hadn't read the book "Motherless Mothers" so I'll have to go to our library to check that one out. I only have one child, a son, and he's just now six to seven weeks older than I was when my mother died, but I'm very much aware of the fact that he's older now than I was the last time my mother saw me before she died. Every time I see him I think about that, and feel like I'm seeing him in a new light or something. It's really strange. It is just something that never really goes away. There is always a new perspective on it.......

Deb

K9karen
10-11-2006, 12:32 AM
Donna, I apologize for not calling you back-got home really late.

My mom passed in June 2005, and it seems like yesterday. As old as I am, and as blessed as I was to have her all these years, the pain is still unbearable. I miss her every day. There's nothing like a mom to sooth and understand. I miss her hugs the most. Sometimes I feel so alone and loney.

I hope you got the whiff of cigar smoke and a special sign from your mom to ease your sadness.

ramanth
10-11-2006, 08:14 AM
Lovely tribute. *HUGS*