PDA

View Full Version : my parent's dog, lady (orangutango, take a look!)

finn's mom
10-09-2006, 07:57 PM
This is my mom and dad's new dog, Lady. After Finn and I moved out in May, my dad knew he needed a companion. He's retired, and, my mother works, so, he's at home a lot by himself. Lady was seen by my dad's neighbor being dropped off and left behind. :( Dad's neighbors had recently lost their pet (she was very old) and thought they might be ready for a new dog. They decided they weren't and asked my dad if he wanted her. She's been a member of the family ever since. I think they've had her about two months now. I put Orangutango's name in the title because I told my parents she looked like she had Toller in her. :) She's the right weight, too, about 43 pounds or so. No matter what she is, though, she's absolutely beautiful! I can't wait to meet her! Here she is, my dad's new Lady.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a86/southcarolinalife/lady.jpg

BC_MoM
10-09-2006, 08:01 PM
She is a cutie! I definitely see Toller... if her coat was longer, I'd say she could be pure!

buttercup132
10-09-2006, 08:11 PM
:eek: Oh no, another PT doggy I'm going to have to steal!! lol.
I hope you get tons of pictures when you go see her :D I think I'm in love. Her fur is really different, its short but looks like it should be long. I like it!

Dorothy39
10-09-2006, 08:15 PM
Oh Lady :o
You are such a beautiful girl and I'm so glad that your picture was posted too!!!

How wonderful that she is living with your Father!!!!

Tollers-n-Dobes
10-09-2006, 08:31 PM
She's absolutely gorgeous!! It's hard to tell simply from a picture, but she really looks like she could be all (or atleast mostly Toller). Her coat is a bit short, and she's a little heavy for the average female Toller but besides that, it's the only breed I can see. She looks pretty young to me, which could explain the shorter coat. I'd guess around 6-8 months old. She sure is a beautiful girl :).

finn's mom
10-09-2006, 08:33 PM
She's absolutely gorgeous!! It's hard to tell simply from a picture, but she really looks like she could be all (or atleast mostly Toller). Her coat is a bit short, and she's a little heavy for the average female Toller but besides that, it's the only breed I can see. She looks pretty young to me, which could explain the shorter coat. I'd guess around 6-8 months old. She sure is a beautiful girl :).

Actually, she'd already had a litter when my parents got her. :/ The vet's estimated her age at about a year, maybe a bit more. She does look a lot like a toller, though. Pretty lady she is. :)

I'd looked up some stuff, and, everything I found said that the females were around 37 to 45 pounds, and, males up to about 55. Could be just the sites I looked at, too.

But, again, whatever she is, she's a sweetheart!

Tollers-n-Dobes
10-09-2006, 08:41 PM
Actually, she'd already had a litter when my parents got her. :/ The vet's estimated her age at about a year, maybe a bit more. She does look a lot like a toller, though. Pretty lady she is. :)

I'd looked up some stuff, and, everything I found said that the females were around 37 to 45 pounds, and, males up to about 55. Could be just the sites I looked at, too.

But, again, whatever she is, she's a sweetheart!

Yeah, they can be up to 45lbs. The average female is around 37lbs though. I thought she was younger, which is why I said she seems a bit heavy as I assumed she might have had some growing left to do. But, if she's a year old like they think she is, she could very well be purebred :). Poor girl already having a litter though, she's still so young. The coat is still throwing me off, but perhaps she lost it all after having the pups? Who knows. She sure looks like a sweet girl, and she's very lucky to have found a home with your parents!

finn's mom
10-09-2006, 08:44 PM
Yeah, they can be up to 45lbs. The average female is around 37lbs though. I thought she was younger, which is why I said she seems a bit heavy as I assumed she might have had some growing left to do. But, if she's a year old like they think she is, she could very well be purebred :). Poor girl already having a litter though, she's still so young. The coat is still throwing me off, but perhaps she lost it all after having the pups? Who knows. She sure looks like a sweet girl, and she's very lucky to have found a home with your parents!

Ah, I see! Yeah, you can kinda see a nipple in the picture, they were very obviously just being used when my parents got her, as they were a bit "hangy", for lack of a better word. Not sure what the story is completely, as they never were able to find the owners or anything. But, she's spayed, now. She could be pure toller, but, I'm not sure. She's definitely part! And, you're right, she is a lucky girl! But, my parents are lucky, too! :D

Cookiebaker
10-09-2006, 08:50 PM
Beautiful pupper! So glad that she found a happy home with your parents!!! :)

Ginger's Mom
10-09-2006, 08:55 PM
Oh she is so cute! I love her face, and she has a great smile. :) I bet she smiles alot now that she found a great new home. It is so nice of your parents to take her in. See what you have started, Finn? ;)

Pembroke_Corgi
10-09-2006, 09:45 PM
She's gorgeous! Congratulations to them!

Toby's my baby
10-09-2006, 10:10 PM
She is beautiful!! What a cutie pie! I hope we get to see more pictures of her in the future! :D Congrats to your parents!

cyber-sibes
10-09-2006, 10:55 PM
Lady's a very pretty girl, your dad must be so happy to have her companionship! So she hasn't met your crew yet, huh?

shais_mom
10-09-2006, 11:36 PM
I read the title and then had to do a double take - I was whoa when did her parents get a dog!? ;)
she's adorable!
hugs to her and your parents

Corinna
10-10-2006, 12:32 AM
I just love happy endings good for your dad .

Crazy-Cat-Lover
10-10-2006, 12:58 AM
Lady is beautiful! :D

Daisy and Delilah
10-10-2006, 07:01 AM
Awwwww!!! What a pretty girl she is Kari!! We're in love with her :)

ramanth
10-10-2006, 07:40 AM
What a beautiful Lady indeed! Congrats to your parents for taking her in. :)

4 Dog Mother
10-10-2006, 08:35 AM
Lady is a very beautiful dog! I am sure your parents will enjoy her as much as she will enjoy being in a loving, caring home.

pitc9
10-10-2006, 09:18 AM
Oh Happy Happy tails all around!
She sure is a cutie pie!!

finn's mom
10-10-2006, 04:25 PM
Thanks for taking a peek at my parent's new girl. She's a beauty, I think. And, she is really good for my dad. :)

K9karen
10-10-2006, 11:29 PM
Is your mom jealous? :D :D :D
Lady is breathtakingly beautiful! Much happiness to your dad!

Samantha Puppy
10-11-2006, 07:24 AM
Cute pup!! I definitely see Toller in there too and makes me think even more that Sam's got some of that Toller blood in her too. Her head is shaped the exact same way but with Shepherd coloring in addition to that gorgeous strawberry blonde.

Glacier
10-11-2006, 12:43 PM
She's adorable!

Riptide
10-11-2006, 07:32 PM
She's precious! I definately see Toller in her, too ^^

cloverfdx
10-12-2006, 10:23 AM
Lady is gorgeous Kari, congratulations to your parents. Yep definitely see Toller, her coat is throwing me a bit though ;).

zoomer
10-12-2006, 05:09 PM
Wow, she sure is gorgeous! What a lovely dog, and so lucky to have been rescued by such a caring person!

finn's mom
10-12-2006, 05:18 PM
You guys are cool. From what my parents say, it's a good match. She has her issues, same as any dog. :) But, she's sweet and quiet and loves my parents. So, I'm glad they allowed Finn and me to live there with them, and, that my dad got to see that a dog would be a good addition to the family once we moved out. He missed Finn a lot, and, was pretty lonely, but, Lady really fills that void. :)