PDA

View Full Version : How do you say "No"?

Giselle
10-09-2006, 04:41 PM
I don't know how you volunteers/fosters can do this! I have fallen madly in love with a shelter dog and I can't keep him off my mind. I know it's rather selfish, but I hope nobody adopts him yet because I need to see him once more before he goes off to his forever home :o

His name is Fargo and he is flawless. I took a picture with my phone right before I left:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/LSophie/The%20Dogs/Other%20Dogs/Picture009.jpg

Here's his page on VPA:
http://www.virtualpetadoptions.com/find_cat_detail.asp?petId=39863&gateway=find&catId=26&ShelterId=31

It's so hard to say "No". How you people do it is beyond me!

Ginger's Mom
10-09-2006, 05:02 PM
He is gorgeous. I love Keeshonds (or should that be Keeshonden ;) ). As long as he gets a good home you won't mind. Seeing him wasting away in that kennel is what would really bother you. So are Giselle and Lucky ready for a new brother?

luvofallhorses
10-09-2006, 05:12 PM
as a volunteer, it's hard to say no especially to ones that have been there forever..they all get their turn to shine, it just takes time..
but I wouldn't bring anyone home since I am at my limit. :) what a cutie he is! :) I hope he finds the home of his dreams soon!

animal_rescue
10-09-2006, 05:14 PM
Awww he's so adorable!

I know how you feel, there's a pit bull puppy that's been at my HS since the end of May. He is my baby and I spend as much time with him as possible when I'm at work. However, I'm very desperate to find this guy a home, he's such a sweet sweet boy.

binka_nugget
10-09-2006, 05:56 PM
Oh gosh.. I know what you mean. I'm very "lucky" Kuri isn't very fond of the Shelties, and vice versa.. otherwise I'd be trying to figure out how to ask for a fourth dog. :p

Alysser
10-09-2006, 06:20 PM
Oh, that face. I think it's time for a little extra parent convincing. ;)

But seriously, my mom won't let me volunteer. She said if I did that I would come home crying everyday for the poor dogs, and she doesn't want to hear about sad dogs in cages because it makes her want one. I don't think I could do it. Fostering would kill me and I'd probably keep the first dog they'd give me.

Krista, I didn't know you volunteered! Your so lucky! I know you'd be the perfect person for the job though.

luvofallhorses
10-09-2006, 06:23 PM
Krista, I didn't know you volunteered! Your so lucky! I know you'd be the perfect person for the job though.

yep, I do! :) I LOVE it! :D I have been volunteering at the shelter since February of this year..it used to be a kill shelter, but it's a no - kill shelter now and the lady who runs it is AWESOME!! :D and all the animals are spoiled there and I get to help spoil them, of course! :)

wolf_Q
10-09-2006, 06:42 PM
Oh, it's easy...My parents would kick me out or worse if I brought home another dog. :rolleyes:

If I had my own place, however, it would be very difficult. Actually it's difficult now, I want another husky so badly...but I don't have a choice...I can't afford my own house and they refuse to allow any more dogs here. :(

p.s. Fargo is adorable, I hope he finds a good home! It would be great if you could adopt him!

MajesticCollies
10-09-2006, 07:42 PM
It is hard to see them go but you know in your soul that you did the right thing.

"Give me the Helpless, the Lost, the Homeless little ones struggling to live; Send the weak, Abandoned lives to me, I offer Hope, Care, Warmth and most of all Love"
Pledge of a Rescue Worker