PDA

View Full Version : Fleas...........yuck

CatLuvrs
10-08-2006, 09:24 PM
What is the best way to get rid of fleas? and how do you get them away from their eyes?

I live in an apartment and I think somone else has fleas and now my animals have them. I don't like them and they can hurt them. What do you all suggest? :confused:

dappledoxie
10-09-2006, 10:33 AM
Do you use Frontline Plus or Advantage or something else such as those? If you don't you could use one of those products, since you have kitties, don't use K9-Advatix though. You could also talk with your vet and get some Capstars and Frontline, the Capstars will start to kill the fleas in just minutes. :D

Bronx'sBower
10-09-2006, 11:06 AM
You could use products as mentioned prior but just know that even those can't always keep off all fleas. If someone if your apartment complex has animals with fleas they may still come back. We use advantage for our pup and he gets it all year round. There have been times I see him come in from outside and he will have a flea or two on him. So even with advantage or others, there is still going to be a risk of them getting fleas, especially if the root of the problem isn't dealt with. Talk to your neighbors, if you know who it is and see if there is something you can do together to get rid of the fleas-I am sure they don't like them either.