PDA

View Full Version : need a foster for my dog =(

shannonc83
10-08-2006, 07:09 PM
I am looking for someone who would be able to house my dog until January of 2007. I am currently "expecting" early Decemeber and in a position where I can't have the dog due to the fact that I am staying with family during this delicate time. I am offering compensation to whomever could help me out. I love my dog with all my heart, and don't want to resort to a kennel for 3 months because financially it is out of control. Prefer a home with no other animals, my dog is a great companion and needs a friend for the next few months so that in January he can come back home with me when I get my apartment back in order. THIS IS A LAST EFFORT, I DON'T WANT TO LOSE MY DOG PERMANENTLY :( . please respond if interested or if you know of any suggestions for my current situation. THANK YOU!!! I live in Pittsburgh PA.

additional info: Banks is 2years 9months
weighs aprx. 65lbs.
bulldog/boxer/pitbull mix
loves those who love him =) gets along with other dogs, however other dogs usually get very territorial with him, when all banks wants to do is play :(

ashleycat
10-08-2006, 07:34 PM
aww he's a cutie. I hope you can find someone for him. good luck!

Muddy4paws
10-08-2006, 07:45 PM
Im hoping you find someone,you should post more details about his age etc, is he ok with other dogs? or was it just your preferance that he doesnt mix?

buttercup132
10-08-2006, 08:10 PM
And where you are located. Everyone on here has some kind of animal so if someone from here were to take hm then he would have to be housed with another animal.

I'm sorry that you have to do this, it must be rough. He is very handsome!

Suki Wingy
10-08-2006, 09:23 PM
I wish I could help. I'll ask my mom but I have a feeling the answer is no. Not because of the breed (she loves pit bulls) but just because we're really buissy.

luvofallhorses
10-08-2006, 09:28 PM
:( I wish I could take him in, but I can't. he looks like he is a pure pit to me. Do you have any friends or family that can take him ??

Corinna
10-08-2006, 10:00 PM
I'm at my limit of else I would if you could get him to Montana good luck

Logan
10-09-2006, 10:30 AM
He reminds me of Graham.......what a sweet face.

I'm no where near and my house is full. Good luck to you.

Logan

finn's mom
10-09-2006, 10:39 AM
I'm not close to Pennsylvania, and I don't know anyone who is...he's a gorgeous dog. Mutts are the best, and, he's a beautiful one. Good luck, and, I'm so sorry you're in a situation where he's not allowed. I hope you can find someone to home him temporarily.

Bronx'sBower
10-09-2006, 10:59 AM
Well this post isn't helping you very much now is it? :) I just wanted to check and see if anyone was able to foster Banks. He looks like such a sweetie! I live in Michigan so it isn't likely I can foster him and we have a boxer mix, who is very socialized and non-territorial-yet I understand your concern. How much does it cost to kennel? Have you tried another board or newspaper? I hope you find the home you need and I wish you luck for those precious months and your baby.

JenBKR
10-09-2006, 11:37 AM
I might be able to help, I live in the Pittsburgh area. I have two cats and a dog though. How is he with other animals? Where in Pittsburgh are you?

pitc9
10-09-2006, 11:58 AM
If I were you, I'd contact rescues and see if they have an opening in a foster home! That would be perfect!
Please keep us posted!