PDA

View Full Version : My Dearest PT

catcrazylady
10-08-2006, 04:40 PM
Just to let you know I have not dropped off of the planet again. I decided to take a week off from the shelter and get my head together. I planned to get all caught up on PT, house cleaning, and spend lots of time with my kitties. Well, I did spend time with the Brats but thats about all. Everytime I looked at PT I started crying so I just stayed away. :( I guess I just needed that mental shut down.
By Friday I was feeling better but got up to no hot water. The water heater had busted in the basement and I had to deal with that. When the repairman showed up I went outside to talk to him and I saw one of my ferals laying in the driveway. She looked at me and I thought how weird that she wasn't running with a stranger here. Heck she runs from me! I reached down and petted her and I knew...here we go again. :( :( :( While the guy is running in and out of the basement and asking a million questions I was trying to get this poor kitty into a carrier. When I got her up I saw that she was bone thin with a huge bloated belly. I called the shelter and asked them to come get her since I couldn't leave and I knew the shelter vet was on her way in to do some spay/neuters. They came and got her and within ten minutes I got the call that they had to euthanize her. She was so full of FIP fluid that she litterally had blood vessels bursting in her stomach.

I thought it was OVER!!!! :mad: I thought I could sort of breath easier now. At least close to home. Now I can't help but live with the fear that there has been more possible exposure to my cats. I don't know how they got it in the first place but it can't be good to have another one right here on the front porch.

I know that there is nothing I can do except keep bleaching everything and I pray that I won't have to deal with it again inside. I try to be logical but the heart kicks in and the fear takes over.

Pray for all of the poor kitties that are dying of this horrible disease.

kimlovescats
10-08-2006, 04:51 PM
Lisa, I am so terribly sorry! Gosh, that FIP is such a dreadful disease!!! It has plagued my cats / fosters, and also the rescue that I work closely with. I pray none of your other personal kitties are affected by it!

Kim

catmandu
10-08-2006, 05:42 PM
Fip Has Claimed Four Porch Cats In The Last Few Years, And I Am Sorry To Hear About That Poor Girl In Your Drive Way.
We Pray That None Of Your Cats Got Too Close And Are Safe.

krazyaboutkatz
10-08-2006, 06:09 PM
Lisa, I'm so sorry to hear this.:( I know that FIP is such a hard disease to treat and I don't think that anyone really knows why the corona virus mutates into this terrible disease.:( A friend of mine lost both of her cats to this and they were siblings. One was still a kitten and the other was only a year old when she was diagnosed. I wish there was something that I could do but for now I'll just send you lots of prayers and positive thoughts. I pray that this is the end and that you won't have any more of your cats, ferals, or shelter cats with this deadly disease. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

jenluckenbach
10-08-2006, 06:53 PM
This breaks my heart. :( :( We all wanted Pet Talk to be a comfort to you, not an emotional pain. :(

Taking a week off, no mattter what you did, or did not accomplish, was the best idea. It is just unfortunate that the time couldn't go smoothly.

I am SOOOOOO sorry about your newest loss to the dreadful FIP. I can only pray (and pray very hard) that this nightmare comes to an end SOON. :(

Please know that we are with you ALL the way. And please come here as often as you can and draw on our strengths.

We ill get through this together.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} }}}}}}}}

Catty1
10-08-2006, 07:47 PM
Hopefully there will be no more outbreaks...that poor kitty. Although she had be euthanized, I hope she heard a kind word or two before her life ended. No more pain, little one, you are at peace!

It sounds like you are doing all the precautions possible...hugs and prayers that the nightmare will end, and is OVER.

Karen
10-08-2006, 08:01 PM
You are in our prayers for strength and endurance.

jazzcat
10-08-2006, 08:11 PM
I'm so sorry Lisa. You are having to deal with so much heartbreak.

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

catcrazylady
10-08-2006, 08:26 PM
I'm sorry for another sad post. I swore I was coming back happy and talk about good things. I just had one of those melt down moments when I posted this. I'm fine and I really appreciate your prayers and good thoughts. I just got scared that this whole thing was going to start over again.

Jen, I really didn't mean PT made me cry. Its just emotionally over whelming to me how much everyone cares and how kind they have been. I miss Lucky and Scooter so much but I swear I can't get Pete out of my mind. When I come to PT to talk about my cats it just brings all of it right to the front of my mind again and that is when I cry. I'm one to run and try to get away from what hurts. It really isn't PT at all its just memories of my furbabies that I shared here.

Thanks guys and I promise I'm moving on to happier things. These melt downs have got to stop soon.

jenluckenbach
10-08-2006, 08:35 PM
But don't feel that you CAN'T post about your sad feelings! Who better than us crazy cat people could understand the hurt that goes along with losing our babies? We don't want to be fair weather friends that only want to hear GREAT stories. We WANT to be able to pick you up when you faulter.

My worst depressive episode brought me right here to PT, and I still have page after page of printed replies to remind me how many people really DO care.

(of course a few pictures might make us all feel better. ;) LOL)

So come back happy OR come back sad, but just keep coming back.

K & L
10-08-2006, 09:27 PM
Hugs to you Lisa at this most trying time. Thoughts are with you.

shais_mom
10-08-2006, 10:24 PM
sending hugs along the way and praying that this will end soon.

orangemm
10-09-2006, 06:50 AM
Hugs to you. We'll be here for you, no matter what, happy or sad.

Just give it some time. I know that sounds trite, but it is true.

We all care.

catlover4ever
10-09-2006, 07:18 AM
Lisa I am so very sorry. :( Prayers on the way for things to get better for you and the brats. Sorry sweetie :( :( (((HUGS)))

Randi
10-09-2006, 09:06 AM
Lisa, I'm so sorry you have lost yet another kitty to FIP. :( I really hope this is last one!

Sending positive thoughts for happy and healthy cats in the future!

moosmom
10-09-2006, 10:55 AM
Lisa,

Having had a few meltdowns myself, I know what you're going through. PT got me through it (that and the wonderful pharmaceuticals the doctor ordered). I'm so sorry about your kitties and FIP. Know that you have hundreds of friends and family here on PT. We're here to help each other, through thick and thin.

Love and ((((((HUGS))))))))

Donna

Donnaj4962
10-09-2006, 12:36 PM
I am so sorry to hear that you have lost another to the dreaded FIP. I hope that you can find some confort in us here at PT, as we understand your heartache. I am sending many prayers from Indiana for you.

rg_girlca
10-09-2006, 02:31 PM
First off I just want to say that Jen, I just love what you have said in both your posts.

Secondly, Lisa, this tough time WILL end. Just know in your heart that you don't need to go it alone. We will always be here for you no matter what type of threads you post, be it happy or sad.

HUGS dear friend. :)

mina'smomma
10-10-2006, 02:06 PM
Oh dear Lisa :( I'm so sorry this is happening to you.

catfamily
10-10-2006, 03:53 PM
Lisa I'm so sorry for your sadness and troubles.I hope things will turn for the better soon.Try to take a deep breath and go on.I'm going through a simalar situation here and it's been real tough so I know what your going through :(
No one is at fault when trying to help the needy.