PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE...Grandbaby Jenna turned 2 today ....and I didn't even get to see her! :(

kimlovescats
10-07-2006, 10:59 PM
My daughter is so mixed up and her life is such a mess ..... and I HATE her "husband". I am heartbroken because today was Jenna's 2nd birthday and I didn't even get to see her ... not even talk to her on the phone. My daughter didn't even call me. :(

It is a very long story, too long and painful to try and post right now, but my daughter really needs help and prayers. She is going down a one way street to destruction with this low-life guy who fathered her child. I have tried and tried to help her, and she keeps fighting me and continuing to choose the wrong path. Please pray for her to finally see the light before it is too late for Jenna. Poor Jenna is having bad nightmares, and she is suffering from what her "parents" are putting her through, and I don't have a "legal" leg to stand on. I called the police on her father the other day, and they told me that I can do nothing at this point. Now they are keeping her from me on her birthday. I can't bear this!!!!!!!

:( :( :( :( :(

Jenna, your Grammy loves you with all of her heart, and I hope you had a Happy Birthday baby!!! I have your gifts whenever I get to see you again.

Kim

Corinna
10-07-2006, 11:24 PM
kim I don't know what to say but Hugs to you and prayers. I can't even imagine that. I am away from home for 5 days and I (only the second) and miss my Charity girl. just hold on and be there when you have to pick up the pieces when they happen. Why is she having nightmares do you suspect abuse if so call your local department od socail services they have to keep you animous if youask them to. and they have to act on each complaint.

jazzcat
10-08-2006, 12:47 AM
Kim I'm so sorry. I know it has to be breaking your heart. I wish I knew something to tell you that would help but I know all I can do is pray and I will. Hopefully your daughter will see the light and get off her destructive path for Jenna's sake.

Sending you lots of HUGS!

krazyaboutkatz
10-08-2006, 01:11 AM
Kim, I'm so sorry to hear this.:( I hope that things will work out and your daughter will see the light and get on the right path. I'll be keeping her in my thoughts and prayers. (((HUGS)))

Maya & Inka's mommy
10-08-2006, 06:36 AM
Aw no.... what a heartbreaking situation ..... :(
Keeping your daughter and little Jenna in my prayers!!

jenluckenbach
10-08-2006, 06:56 AM
Dear Kim, what a most difficult situation. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Happy birthday Jenna, your grandma LOVES you! And we will pray for you and your family.

trayi52
10-08-2006, 08:30 AM
Kim, I am so sorry you are going through this horrible situation. To not let you see your grandchild is an awful thing to do to a grandmother. I am in the same situation with my grandson, Dakota. My son, James is mad at us, and will not let Dakota come and see us either. Though last week he did break down, and let Dakota come and spend the weekend with us, but it has been months since we had seen him. I miss my son, and my grandson! James is so angry at us!

I will be praying for you, Kim, that your daughter will wise up and see what her boyfriend is doing to her. I am praying that she will see that she needs you much more than she needs him. I know she and little Jenna needs prayers and I will be praying for them both, as well as for you, because this is a very difficult situation for you too.

Keeping you, Jenna, and your daughter in my prayers, always.

Love ya,
Willie

Catty1
10-08-2006, 09:37 AM
Oh hon - DO call Social Services - you CAN be anonymous when you do. Call from a payphone, even.

At least you will know you have done what you can.

HUGS - please call them and let us know how it turns out.

kimlovescats
10-08-2006, 10:57 AM
Thank you all for the support and especially the much needed prayers!!! This is an incredibly difficult time for me. I can't get through the day or especially bed time without crying.

Willie, I am so very sorry to hear about your precious Dakota as well. I know how much you love him!!! Why do our children use our granbabies as weapons against us????? :(

rg_girlca
10-08-2006, 12:30 PM
Oh Kim, I am so sorry that this is going on in your life right now.
Prayers and positive thoughts on the way that your daughter will grow up and get her life straightened out.

How immature can she be to withhold you from seeing Jenna.

Prayers and ((((((HUGS)))))) for you Kim.

Cookiebaker
10-08-2006, 12:34 PM
Kim, i am soo sorry for this horrible situation, it is so sad. :(

Maybe this will encourage you (that is my intent!!!) -- very similar situation in my family when I was growing up, and from the time I was 8 on, was never allowed to speak, talk or write to my Grandparents. The thing iseven though my parents disapprove, after I moved out, I got in touch with my Grandma, and now have a wonderful relationship with her. In fact, tomorrow, I am meeting her in Massachussetts for lunch. And I think that all those years of absence, our relationship has gotten so much stronger, and I appreciate her in ways that I never would have had something like that never happened.

I am praying for you and baby Jenna, and that your daughter will open her eyes to see that life is TOO SHORT.

kimlovescats
10-08-2006, 01:36 PM
Thank you, Lorraine!

Cookiebaker: Thank you so much for sharing your story. I feel that baby Jenna is already bonded to me now, so I pray that no one will ever be able to influence her to believe otherwise! As it is now, if I am around either of her *parents*, she always prefers to be with me. I am not, and never would have intentionally tried to make her closer to me than to my daugher .... but she senses my daughter's lack of concern and feels very insecure with her. I wish more than anything that my daughter would realize what a precious gift her Jenna is, and not take her for granted. :(

Kim

AdoreMyDogs
10-08-2006, 01:49 PM
I'm so sorry that you have to go threw this difficult situation. I don't have any advice, but my prayers are with you :( I hope it gets better and a solution is found soon that will allow you to see your little grandbaby.

catmandu
10-08-2006, 04:32 PM
What a sad life that Jenna is going to have living a hand to mouth existance with a low life for a father, and a fool for a mother.
Be careful lest he target you and the Cats in retribution.
We hope that Jenna will be safe and your daughter grows up and learns responsibility.

moosmom
10-08-2006, 08:59 PM
Oh Kim, I'm so sorry you have to go through this. Grandchildren are very precious and I only wish your daughter and her jerk of a husband would realize that. They're only hurting Jenna in the long run.

((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) to you honey.

shais_mom
10-08-2006, 10:34 PM
I'm so sorry Kim.

jenluckenbach
10-09-2006, 06:43 AM
There are photos of Jenna in dog general.....did you finally get to see her??

catnapper
10-09-2006, 08:25 AM
Oh Kim, I know how much you must be dying inside! I know your daughter is being immature and trying everything in her power to hurt you -- and she knows denying access to Jenna is the ultimate hurt for you. Its her power struggle, and I'm sorry you're caught in the middle of it with poor Jenna as the victim. I truly hope your daughter wakes up soon and realizes you're not the enemy and that you'vbe always had her best interest at heart

kimlovescats
10-09-2006, 01:51 PM
There are photos of Jenna in dog general.....did you finally get to see her??

Those are from last week, when I was keeping her.
My daughter did call me yesterday, and I will be seeing Jenna in the next day or so.

Turns out the birthday bash wasn't such a hit. My daughter and her *husband* took Jenna to Chuck E Cheese's by themselves. Apparently my daughter did step up and forbidded his family from coming along! Any way, before the end of the day, the husband got mad and left the restaurant without even saying goodbye to baby Jenna. SO TYPICAL!!!!

Amy Beth's cell phone had been cut off because she didn't pay the bill. She decided that she could either have her "social phone" turned back on or buy her daughter something for her birthday. She said she decided she didn't need her phone right now and bought Jenna some clothes! She said that she enjoyed that MUCH more than having her phone. This is a very small step, but I can't help but find a bit of encouragement from this act!

PLEASE keep my daughter and grandbaby in your PRAYERS!

Kim

jenluckenbach
10-09-2006, 01:57 PM
I too think that was a GREAT step in the right direction, thinking of Jenna over the cell phone.
Wishing you a great visit with Jenna in the next day or so.

Karen
10-09-2006, 02:04 PM
Jenna likely won't remember a year from now that you didn;t get to see her on her birthday, and you and she can have a nice brithday celebration whenever you do get to see her.

You, Jenna, and her parents are in our prayers. Would she ever consider giving up custody to you?

pitc9
10-09-2006, 02:23 PM
Oh how sad!
I pray she sees the light and everything works out!