PDA

View Full Version : Monty and Mike (Nice pictures)

catfamily
10-07-2006, 05:56 AM
I took these pictures yesterday.Monty wasn't feeling well last week and he looks great now :)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v251/carla_mike/catfamily%205/10-7-06MontyandMike.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v251/carla_mike/catfamily%205/10-7-06MontyandMike2.jpg

K & L
10-07-2006, 06:36 AM
OMG Monty looks huge. I think he may have our Beavis beat. ;) How much does he weigh? He is gorgeous!

Maya & Inka's mommy
10-07-2006, 06:40 AM
WOW!!! What a cat!!!

catfamily
10-07-2006, 06:44 AM
OMG Monty looks huge. I think he may have our Beavis beat. ;) How much does he weigh? He is gorgeous!
Monty is 17 pounds :) He'a Main Coon that his owner dropped off at a shelter 3 years ago and left him there saying he didn't want him anymore.Had him since he was a kitten and was about 3 or 4 years old.Said he was outside mostly anyway so he wouldn't miss him. :rolleyes: :(
But he was in a cage for 4 months before I got him out.He was coughing like an old man smoker(Super sick)with bloody stools.Dogs Barking so loud and air conditioner blowing at him.
Poor guy.He was so devistated and depressed.He really loved his owner I think.Even though his owner didn't love him :(
But he's Super tight with Mike..follows him everywhere...never scratches to go out(my cats are all in door anyway.No one goes out.)Montys a great cat.
We took this picture out on the porch but Mike was holding him tight.Monty had no interest in getting down anyway. :) We were excited about our new porch.We are having it screened in too for the cats. :)

K & L
10-07-2006, 07:02 AM
Well I guess Beavis still has him beat since he's weighing in the 20's. Not quite sure what it is anymore, but it's in the lower 20's.

orangemm
10-07-2006, 08:12 AM
Wow, Monty, you are a very handsome guy!

What a terribly sad story of Monty in the shelter. How could someone just 'get rid' of a faithful animal? He is so lucky to have you and Mike. :)

jazzcat
10-07-2006, 09:22 AM
Wowza! Monty is a big ole kitty. I could tell in your other pictures he was large but these with Mike really show how much.

Glad he is feeling better.

krazyaboutkatz
10-07-2006, 03:58 PM
Monty sure is handsome.:) His story is so sad:( and I'm so glad that you were able to adopt him and give him the wonderful loving home that he deserves.:)

My cat Storm was also dumped by his former owner and the owner told the Humane Society that he just didn't want him any more.:( I'll never understand how any one can just stop loving an animal like that.:(

jenluckenbach
10-07-2006, 05:46 PM
What a big lovable lug! How sad that he was once thrown away :( (but all the better for you ;) )

Freedom
10-07-2006, 05:52 PM
WHAT a BIG furry cat!!! I bet he loves being brushed, too. Good for all of you that you found each other!

I often think Vita has some Maine coon in her, she has the look, shape and coat; but NOT the size! She is a petite little lady of about 7 to 8 pounds - not a Maine coon size. She loves being brushed and pampered.

catmandu
10-07-2006, 07:43 PM
What a fine Photo of Two Fine Gentlemen.
Monty, we are glad to hear you are better.
See you all In Cancun!!!

ShylanHal
10-08-2006, 12:42 AM
My mom's cat, Fritti, weighed 24 lbs when he was last at the vet. He was a compulsive eater, and mom ALWAYS kept his bowl full of food. o.O he wasn't even that big.. other than round and chubby XD

kimlovescats
10-08-2006, 10:51 AM
How did I miss this thread????? Oh Carla!!! Monty is one handsome and BIG boy!!! He has to be a Maine Coon!!! :eek: He looks so much like my Dexter, but he is MUCH larger! Does he even have a crimped right ear like my Dex? He looks great! I'm so glad he is feeling better this week! ;) What precious pictures!!!

Hugs,
Kim :)

EDIT: Ok, I saw your other reply ... so he IS a M.C.!!! What a terrible story he has ... so glad that you have him, Carla! No doubt he is one happy and loved boy now!!! :D

RedHedd
10-08-2006, 11:43 AM
I just love those big Maine Coon boys! Such a wonderful hunka-hunka cat to love. I don't understand how anyone could throw a cat away.

rg_girlca
10-08-2006, 01:03 PM
WOW Monty, you are one big hunk of a cat. I just LOVE big cats. All the more to hug.

I'm glad to hear that he is feeling better. :)

catcrazylady
10-08-2006, 09:24 PM
OMG!!! Carla he is STUNNING! I've seen pictures of him before but the outdoor shot really shows his colors and you can tell how big he is. What a hunk!

catfamily
10-09-2006, 09:48 AM
Thank You All for the nice comments.All those nice comments made Monty's head even bigger. :D ;)

Donnaj4962
10-09-2006, 04:30 PM
WOW!!!! That is one big cutie patootie! Monty is adorable, and I am glad that you were able to save him from the shelter and give him the luvvin he deserves.