PDA

View Full Version : Breed All About It: Belgian Sheepdogs

BC_MoM
10-07-2006, 12:09 AM
Did anyone catch Breed All About It tonight on Animal Planet (Canadian)? It featured all the different Belgian Sheepdogs. It was really fun to watch! I want a Groenendael even more now! lol

wolfsoul
10-07-2006, 12:18 AM
I don't have Animal Planet, otherwise I would've watched it! :( Too bad.

BC_MoM
10-07-2006, 12:20 AM
Aw, yeah.. there was a Groenendael that looked just like Visa. :) They showed a few of them herding.. they look so beautiful and happy when they herd! :)

Tollers-n-Dobes
10-07-2006, 12:35 AM
I just finished watching it about an hour ago. It was really good! It also made me want one even more. I already loved the breed to begin with, but watching them work and actually seeing how devoted they are to each task asked of them and how much they love their family made me adore the breed even more. If it wasn't so hard to find a house that allows dangerous breeds, I'd probably put off getting a Toller and get a Groenendael instead. Oh well, someday I'll have one...

BC_MoM
10-07-2006, 12:43 AM
Are Groenendael's considered a dangerous breed?

Tollers-n-Dobes
10-07-2006, 12:46 AM
Are Groenendael's considered a dangerous breed?

In Calgary they consider Belgians a dangerous breed. I'm not sure if they are in other places or not but I'd assume so..

wolfsoul
10-07-2006, 01:09 AM
it's mostly malinois that are put on the dangerous breed lists, but occasionally they will list all the varieties together. I honestly don't blame them, they ARE dangerous dogs -- I would run from a Belgian before I ran from most other breeds lol.

Suki Wingy
10-07-2006, 08:59 PM
wow, I didn't even know they played that show anymore! As far as I know they stopped in the US at least 3 years ago, but I did like it. I've never heard of Belgains on the dangerous dog lists. Here it's usually pitbulls, rotts, and akitas.

IRescue452
10-07-2006, 10:32 PM
They do play it, the problem is that it is played so early that paid programming usually takes up the entire timespace.