PDA

View Full Version : Adverts at last

fairlady68
06-03-2002, 06:16 PM
I have been so enjoying this site, free of advertisements, until today when I turned on my computer. (This is my homepage at home and at work.) And what do I see but an advertisement for
Animal Planet.

Thanks to the webmasters for keeping this wonderful site free of ads for so long; I was wondering how they did it and suspected it could not last forever.

I just wish that the ads were not the kind that flash and move around ... I will probably change my homepage now because of that, since I like to use the cat of the day as "wallpaper" to decorate my screen when I am working at my desk but not using my computer. However, the flickering is just too distracting.

But I will still check in every day, because I have been greatly enjoying the cat pictures and little biographies!

Best wishes, MARTHA

Dan Holder
06-03-2002, 06:40 PM
I, too, always wondered how my favorite site was available for our viewing pleasure everyday. I'll click the links if it helps keep COTD there for us.

Karen
06-03-2002, 09:10 PM
The ads will be up for a limited time, I think three days. We specified to Animal Planet's agency that they be in a small-bandwidth form. Please do click once, as it will help us, as they DO pay us for the ads running.

We will never have those awful blinking credit-card ads, ads for gambling or such, but we thought an Animal Planet ad would be a good match our sites!

And in a day or so it'll be gone, and safe (as in "no moving parts") to have as your homepage again.

lizbud
06-03-2002, 09:47 PM
Karen and Paul,

The adds don't bother me a bit. If it helps you provide
this wonderful site, more power to you. In fact I was
even persuaded to watch Animal Planet's show tonight.:D

Fuzzy317
06-03-2002, 10:28 PM
I think an advert for Animal Planet is very fitting for this site. :)
About half of my TV watching is of Animal Planet.

A site with a pet or animal theme would have many people from Pet Talk take a look, perhaps with some becoming customers.