PDA

View Full Version : Who likes retro tv shows?

IRescue452
10-06-2006, 09:53 PM
For those of you who like to remember good times. I've been finding all sorts of good retro episodes on the youtube.com site. Mapletown, land of the lost, are you afraid of the dark, sharon lois and bram, you name it. The creepiest thing I remember though is the Slim Goodbody show, ewwwwwwww, we used to have to watch this dude in school. Thankfully nobody has had the gall to download that to youtube yet.

cali
10-06-2006, 10:03 PM
well that depends what you consider "retro" lol many of the shows I like are older:

I like the later episdodes of "Madison", and I like "Nancy drew" and "Hardy Boys", an for the kids shows I love Mr. Dressup, and I loved "Fred Penners Place" when it was on, though I have found very few people seem to remeber it lol I have to keep decibing to people like remeber? he had dark hair and a beard, and he carried an accoustic guitar and crawled through a hollow log to get to his little 'place' where he sang songs and such" lol oh and I like "the friendly giant" too and the "flinstones" of coarse! hehe

BC_MoM
10-06-2006, 11:03 PM
Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys are the best!! :D

Corinna
10-07-2006, 01:47 AM
Ok now I do feel old the freindly giant retro? I remember him first run. Also mr dress up my kids loved casey and Finnagin.
ALso bram,lois andsharon loved Fred Penner he was kind of a 60's flok answer to PBS. I grew up in the Nw corner of Washington so I gota lot of the Canadian stuff on antenna. Any one remember Captian Puget andWanda Wanda.

BC_MoM
10-07-2006, 01:54 AM
My Mom calls Mickey Finnigan sometimes.. because he acts like him! lol

BitsyNaceyDog
10-07-2006, 09:23 AM
I love a lot of old shows. I prefer a lot of old shows to new ones. I buy a lot of DVD boxed sets, I'm totally addicted to them.

cassiesmom
10-26-2006, 05:03 PM
I'm addicted to MASH reruns on the Hallmark Channel - two hours per day, five days per week.

borzoimom
10-26-2006, 05:08 PM
Little house on the prairie, mash, Home Improvement, A-team, knight rider..

Zippy
10-26-2006, 06:28 PM
The Golden Girls,The Nanny,and Friends(not retro but still) are my favorites. :D

Anita Cholaine
10-26-2006, 06:52 PM
I've watched Alf since I was born, and I still love it. :D It is for me one of the best shows ever.
I also love Mork and Mindy, Robin Williams was totally hilarious on that show.

borzoimom
10-26-2006, 06:58 PM
Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rofl...

Dorothy39
10-26-2006, 07:07 PM
I've got to admit, since subscribing to DSL, that I am not only addicted to Pet Talk, but to another site ~ (the word is You Tube ;) )

I go nuts, typing in what ever strikes my fancy!!!

It's fun, isn't it? :p

IRescue452
10-26-2006, 11:10 PM
yeah I watched an entire 10 hours worth of a tv series on there over the course of a week. I'm working on a few movies now. And me and my girlfriend are always sending each other sappy videos.