PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone gone to see Hollywoodland?

moosmom
10-06-2006, 08:25 PM
It's the movie about George Reeves (the original Superman) who was murdered or committed suicide. I want to see it but would like anyone's opinion who has seen it. This way if it sucks, I won't waste my money.

kitten645
10-06-2006, 09:41 PM
I saw it..Went to a late showing so it might color my opinion as I was a bit tired/sleepy at the time :rolleyes: (I'm getting too old for the late late show! LOL) I thought it was good but I'd do the DVD myself. I don't think it was worth the $9. There are some movies that need to be seen big (ie Pirates of the C) but this one was interesting but bit long and not very engaging. JMO.

moosmom
10-07-2006, 10:37 AM
Kitten645,

I know the feeling about being too hold to go to an evening movie. I usually try to go to a matinee during the day when I'm wide awake and can concentrate.

Thanks for the review, though. I was always intrigued by George Reeves and what happened to him.

kitten645
10-07-2006, 10:43 AM
I went cause I'm interested in George Reeves too. Unfortunately one of the frustrating thing is that the movie essentially tells you all the possible scenario's and that's about it. Though I liked the period costumes alot. I wonder it there's any genealogy between Chris and George's families :confused:

smokey the elder
10-08-2006, 08:32 AM
I don't think so. It's George Reeves and Christopher Reeve (no "S").

Corinna
10-08-2006, 11:50 AM
I too want to see it. besides no s chris has said in many interveiws no relation to george.

finn's mom
10-08-2006, 11:51 AM
I'm not a big fan of Ben Affleck, but, I really am curious about the movie. I don't know that I'll go see it at the theater, though.

joycenalex
10-08-2006, 12:17 PM
i liked it, but i didn't enjoy it enough to recommend it for full price. i'd suggest waiting till it hits the second run theaters. just my opinion.

moosmom
10-08-2006, 02:49 PM
Is the movie based on speculation as to whether he killed himself or was murdered? Does it put all the questions to rest as to whether he was gay or not (not that it matters to me, mind you)?? I'm just curious.

I guess I'll have to wait and see.