PDA

View Full Version : Help with a cd-r drive???? (kodak easy share)

lv4dogs
10-06-2006, 10:35 AM
I'm trying to load my pics onto a cd and never had a problem until now. I try to do so through kodak easy share & it says "kodak easy share can not detect a CD-R drive" so then I go into "my pictures" to load them that way, it seems to work great as there are NO error messages but nothing is copying to my cd. We did get a new mother board installed last month and haven't had to copy anything to a cd since. Could it be that it needs to be re-installed into my computer?
I have to have this done by monday as my memory card for my camera is full & this is the only computer that I can do it on & I won't have this computer after Monday.

Does anyone have easy share? If so can I send you my pics and mail you money &/or a cd for you to copy them?

I am trying to contact Dell but not sure if I will have any answers from them soon and time is of the essence.

I am going to try

Jessika
10-06-2006, 10:50 AM
You should just be able to click and drag files straight onto the CD drive from my computer and a burn dialogue should open up.

Otherwise, any burning program will work, just make sure to create a data cd and not a music cd ;)

lv4dogs
10-06-2006, 11:53 AM
Thanks but I have a way to get the pics burned.

Jessika
10-06-2006, 12:27 PM
Oh.. so am I misunderstanding the problem then? You just can not burn via the Kodak software or at all? I'm confused now. :(

Husky_mom
10-06-2006, 12:49 PM
I have easyshare, but I guess i´m a bit far from you.........but it it helps I´m here to help

lv4dogs
10-06-2006, 12:50 PM
Oh.. so am I misunderstanding the problem then? You just can not burn via the Kodak software or at all? I'm confused now. :(

I just couldn't burn the pics what so ever. My computer can not find the proper drive to copy cd-s with apparently, which was there up until we had a new mother board installed.

A friend of mine is allowing me to use his computer to copy them this weekend.

Jessika
10-06-2006, 09:50 PM
Oh, I see. I had that problem once before, too. Well multiple times actually. A few times we just had to reinstall the drivers, but twice it was the actual drive itself that died and we had to replace it. I have never had good luck with CD-Rs :(

G535
10-07-2006, 03:11 AM
If the computer can't find the drive then the first thing to do would be to check inside the case and make sure it's plugged in, still no luck then check the jumpers on the drive.