PDA

View Full Version : Kitties stressful day, and new pix

Catlady711
10-05-2006, 07:32 PM
I've noticed alot of you post updates on your furbabies lives, so I thought maybe it was time I did the same. As well as a few have asked for some different pix of my kitties. I downsized the pix as much as I could figure out how, and I'm hoping this post doesn't take me forever as I'm on dial up.

So here goes nothin'.......

Today 3 of my furbabies (and my mom's furbaby) had a dr's appt with the vet today. Here's the run-down on how the day went.

Took about 1/2 hour to gather up the 3 carriers, get Dusty, Cami, and Jack in them and left them in the livingroom. Drive over to mom's house just across town with an empty carrier for her cat Torry. We got lucky Torry was napping and never knew what happened (last time it took both of us to get her inside the thing). Then we load Torry up in mom's car (which has waaay more room than mine for multiple carriers), and drive back over to my house to pick up my cats. Then it was off to the vets.

Dusty was first whining and growling the whole time. She's not a mean kitty at all, just a very vocal scardy cat, she kept climbing up to my shoulders and clinging on, all while growling. Dusty has had this lump on her leg for about two weeks, just a small one and it hadn't grown any since I found it, but it still worried me. I figured since the others had to go in anyways I'd take Dusty as well just to be sure, I mean she is 16 and anything is possible at her age. Vet looks at the bump and is somewhat concerned. We take her in the back (this is where it's nice to be a vet assistant, I get to follow my pets 'in the back' lol). Vet numbs the area and lances the bump in hopes of it being a cyst. Turns out is was a cyst. Whew, big sigh of relief! He squeezed alot of pus out and put vetodine on it. I am to keep it clean and watch to make sure it doesn't fill up again. Bear had a similar cyst last year and his didn't come back, I sure hope Dusty's doesn't either. We weighed Dusty, she's still holding her weight at 10.5 lbs. A little less than I'd like given her history, but at least she's not losing anymore. Vet said she was doing good overall for her age.

Next was Cami who was my good little wild child. She was the only cat that did not hiss at any point and only growled a tiny growl after her vaccinations. Her weight is finally coming down and now weighs 8.9 lbs. At one time she got up to a whopping 9.5 lbs and I put her on a diet. She's only supposed to be like 7-8 lbs!! Cami is a little kitty, but she is an adult at 2 yrs old. She is a food monger probably from all that time she lived outdoors before she found my house. She'll eat anything and everything, you even have to watch letting crumbs fall on the floor. Once she even ran around trying to eat the toenail clippings from one of my 'group manicure' sessions (aka nail trimming). lol Vet pronounced her healthy!

Next came mom's cat Torry who is 8 yrs old. Now this is a torti, so you can imagine how she reacted, plus the fact she used to live at our hospital for almost 2 years when she showed up as a stray there. I talked mom into giving her a permanent home 2 years ago this December. Anyways, Torry had her ears FLAT, her eyes were HUGE, and hissing and spitting the whole time!! I had to up-end the carrier several times before we finally got her dumped out on the table!! She growled through the entire examination and had a few hisses for the vaccinations. Vet said she has some tartar starting on her teeth, but for now she was ok. Other than Torry is very overweight at 14.3 lbs she is healthy. I keep telling mom to cut her food back more, but she claims that Torry doesn't eat much as it is. I keep telling her it's her lack of excersize, she can cut the food back some more and Torry won't waste away to bones or anything. *sigh* What can ya' do when it's your mom's cat?! Anyway vet said Torry was healthy otherwise and recommended more excersize.

Last was Jack who is almost 7 yrs old. Jack has a 'muzzle' label on his chart if that gives you any idea what working with him can be like!! Made Torry look good by comparision! He's fairly sweet at home kinda a lap baby except when it comes to nail trims and blowdrying after a bath (he's fine for the bath though). Anyways I did manage to drag him outta the cage without having to go get the leather gloves. All while hissing and spitting and thrashing around the vet did manage to give Jack his vaccinations as well as examine him somewhat Jack has been having problem with constipation, a few weeks ago we had to give poor Jack an enema! This time no enema, but I now have to add pumpkin to his food daily as well as continue with the Felaxin. Hopefully this combination will be sufficient to help him. *paws crossed*

Pooky and Bear were glad it wasn't their turn to go this time! Everyone was grouchy when we got home, but now they've forgiven me, but mom's cat Torry will probably hold a grudge for weeks against me lol.

So that was the kitties stressful day at the vet. Now for the pix...

BEAR

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l17/Catlady711/siggy/kitty1.jpg

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l17/Catlady711/siggy/kitty2.jpg

DUSTY

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l17/Catlady711/siggy/kitty3.jpg

POOKY

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l17/Catlady711/siggy/kitty4.jpg

JACK

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l17/Catlady711/siggy/kitty5.jpg

MOM'S CAT TORRY

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l17/Catlady711/siggy/kitty7.jpg

Catlady711
10-05-2006, 07:33 PM
Just one more pix. One of the very rare ones of all my furbabies in one pix!

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l17/Catlady711/siggy/kitty6jpg.jpg

kt_luvs_kitties
10-05-2006, 08:25 PM
Oh my gosh. Too many cute cats! I cant take it :p

Pooky is beautiful, and so is Cami. And Dusty, well it just DOES NOT get more handsome than that! Thank you for the pleasure of seeing your babies, I dont believe I have seen them before. Katie and kitties

Bengalz
10-05-2006, 08:43 PM
OMG What a day :eek: Good thing they're all so cute - how else would one survive such an ordeal :D

Love the group shot - Mom, maybe we should get a bigger window :)

Catlady711
10-05-2006, 09:31 PM
My kitties say THANK YOU for the compliments! :D

Wish the sliding glass was wider, but as it is that's fairly close for Dusty to get to the other cats, she'd prefer to be an only kitty. lol That's why that's such a rare pix of all of them. ;)

kt_luvs_kitties
10-05-2006, 09:39 PM
I am so sorry Dusty, I thought you were a boy. Let me change my statement to " It just DOES NOT get any more BEAUTIFUL than that" :)

Catlady711
10-05-2006, 10:32 PM
LOL Everyone has a tendancy of calling the medium hairs (Pooky & Jack) girls and the shorthairs boys. lol At least everyone gets Bear right lol

Your Hannah is very pretty also! :)

Catty1
10-05-2006, 10:36 PM
BEAUTIFUL kitties! Cami's face is stunning!

Thanks for sharing.

Dorothy39
10-05-2006, 11:18 PM
YES!! Thank-You for Sharing these adorable pictures~~~Catlady711 ;)

krazykitties
10-06-2006, 12:26 AM
such pretty cats! I couldn't see all the pictures, I saw the first ones, the last one was the cute 5 cats looking out the window, then the rest weren't there, just squares with red X's again.

orangemm
10-06-2006, 04:30 AM
Whew! What a day you had. I remember having to corral 4 cats and load them into carriers for a vet visit years ago. Took me FOREVER to do it by myself. every time I'd get one in, the other would escape.

Your babies are BEAUTIFUL. What a lovely, happy family. Love the group shot!!!

Freedom
10-06-2006, 08:01 AM
I have also done the 4-cats-to-the-vet visits. You did great! Glad to hear that was just a cyst Dusty had, and easily remedied.

LOVE the photos. How do you get the special effects for Cami and Torry shots? Of course, having gorgeous subjects helps make these picture purrfect!

john1974
10-06-2006, 11:59 AM
Hey cat,

i've been staring at those cats of yours for quite awhile. They're beautiful!!!! BTW, i finally got to register. Now there's a forum for me to ask about owning a cat hah! One day, i'll get one...:) Thanks for sharing this link cat!

John
Proverbs 3:4-6

Catlady711
10-06-2006, 01:18 PM
I have also done the 4-cats-to-the-vet visits. You did great! Glad to hear that was just a cyst Dusty had, and easily remedied.

LOVE the photos. How do you get the special effects for Cami and Torry shots? Of course, having gorgeous subjects helps make these picture purrfect!

Both Dusty and I were glad it was only a cyst too! Load off my mind!

Thank you for the compliments on my kitties!! Just goes to prove you don't have to go to the pet store or pay high dollar for a pretty kitty, drop offs and strays are gorgeous too,...Once you give them a bath, get the fleas off them, and fatten them up some. lol

Torry's pix was done with Print Shop Deluxe version 11, and Cami's was done using Jasc Paint Shop Pro Studio using the paint tubes. After a little more experience with Paint Shop Pro, I created the pix below also, all of the images are from my own pix, just cut and pasted together. This one took alot more patience! lol

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l17/Catlady711/5kittycreation.jpg

Catlady711
10-06-2006, 01:20 PM
Hey cat,

i've been staring at those cats of yours for quite awhile. They're beautiful!!!! BTW, i finally got to register. Now there's a forum for me to ask about owning a cat hah! One day, i'll get one...:) Thanks for sharing this link cat!

John
Proverbs 3:4-6

Glad you decided to join PT, I'm sure you'll have alot of fun around here, lots of pix of kitties around here for you! lol

catmandu
10-06-2006, 05:52 PM
I Love It When You Can Get Your Cats All In One Shot Like That.
Something Really Interesting Must Have Been Going On Outside To Have A Gathering Of The Clowder Like That.
Hey Guys Its Chicken Delight!!!!!!!!

rg_girlca
10-06-2006, 09:09 PM
WOW, what beautiful cats you have. :)

What an ordeal at the vets. :eek: I bet you and the cats are glad that this only happens once a year. LOL!!!!

Thank you for sharing such lovely pictures of your crew. :)

krazyaboutkatz
10-06-2006, 11:02 PM
All of your furkids are gorgeous.:) I usually only take one cat at a time to the vets because one cat can be stressful enough. I'm also glad to hear that Dusty's lump was only a cyst and I'm glad that everything went well. Thanks for sharing pictures of your furkids with us.:)

Maya & Inka's mommy
10-07-2006, 06:58 AM
Awwww, lovely cats!! Thanks for introducing them here :)

Wow, WHO was about to come home? Must be either a very much loved person, or someone with a new supply of catfood :p
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l17/Catlady711/siggy/kitty6jpg.jpg

catlady1945
10-07-2006, 07:09 AM
What beautiful cats!

catfamily
10-07-2006, 08:07 AM
Gorgeous Stunning and very healthy looking cats you have.What a nice home you must have :) :) :)

Catlady711
10-08-2006, 12:16 AM
I Love It When You Can Get Your Cats All In One Shot Like That.
Something Really Interesting Must Have Been Going On Outside To Have A Gathering Of The Clowder Like That.
Hey Guys Its Chicken Delight!!!!!!!!

LOL Actually as I recal it was one of the first times this early Spring that I could open the windows and doors, and you know how kitties love smelling outdoor smells! lol Yes it is a rarity to get them all in one pix, mostly because of Dusty, as you see she is staying back a little. I think I only have 2-3 pix with all of them in it, this one is the best of all of them.

Catlady711
10-08-2006, 12:18 AM
Gorgeous Stunning and very healthy looking cats you have.What a nice home you must have :) :) :)

Your Penny looks very much like Jack! She is very pretty. Jack would probably purr at her lol.

john1974
10-11-2006, 07:44 PM
Hey Cat,

Thanks for the welcome...i appreciate that. I found a link here about pets and I don't know if it's a good place to find a good cat to adapt...

http://www.torontohumanesociety.com/adopt/default.asp

When I have enough budget to raise a pet, i'll definitely get one. Hope you're doing okay. I'll talk to you soon eh...

Peace to you,
John

Killearn Kitties
10-12-2006, 03:25 AM
Oh my, what a stressful day you had! It is time we took ours to the vet for their annual checkups. Oh joy!

I'm glad to hear that all went well and thoroughly enjoyed your new pictures. The girls send their love (mostly to that handsome grey Bear! ;) :D )

Laura's Babies
10-12-2006, 10:00 AM
Hi catlady! Welcome to PT! I am Laura and I missed your joining since I was gone so a belated WELCOME!

You have some stunning babies and I especially love that one of Jack with his reflection in the window.. That is a wonderful, one in a million shot!

Catlady711
10-12-2006, 02:23 PM
Hi catlady! Welcome to PT! I am Laura and I missed your joining since I was gone so a belated WELCOME!

You have some stunning babies and I especially love that one of Jack with his reflection in the window.. That is a wonderful, one in a million shot!

Thank you for the welcome!

That pix of Jack was a really lucky shot too. I was getting my shoes on for work and he was sitting in the window sill. I looked up and the reflection just caught my attention. Fortunately by the time I grabbed the camera he still hadn't moved! lol Usualy by the time I get the camera, whoever it is has stopped doing whatever I wanted a pix of. lol