PDA

View Full Version : Prayer Request

catnapper
10-05-2006, 03:01 PM
Just got a call from hubby and daughter. They were on their way home from school and the car was rear-ended. The car is ok, just a little fender bender and the person who hit them was insured and taking responsibility.

I need prayers for hubby. He has chronic back troubles from a car accident years ago. He said that his back is already hurting... for him to say that, it HAS to be hurting pretty bad already. I think he's scared that he's going to have to go through the same pain he went through after the last accident (same scenario where he was stopped at a light and someone rear-ended him).

They are still on scene of the accident and I'm worried. I have to work tonight and want to cancel all my classes so I can be home for him, but he says that the girls will be here to help if he needs anything.

Sigh... seriously, what else can hit us right now? I wouldn't be surprised to come home tomorrow to find out an asteroid decimated the house :rolleyes:

moosmom
10-05-2006, 03:09 PM
:eek: Oh no Kim!!! This must have happened after I called you from the humane society.

I hope everything is okay. Call me. Prayers coming your way from CT.

((((((((HUGS)))))))

jazzcat
10-05-2006, 03:14 PM
I hope he is okay. Prayers and positive thoughts on the way.

Donnaj4962
10-05-2006, 04:21 PM
Oh my... I am so sorry to hear about the accident. Many prayers coming from Indiana to you and your family!

jenluckenbach
10-05-2006, 05:41 PM
:(

I sure hope he will be OK. {{{{HUGS}}}}

kuhio98
10-05-2006, 05:52 PM
Kim ~ I hope that everyone is okay. Prayers to you all.

catnapper
10-06-2006, 07:31 AM
Thanks for those that offered prayers, we seem to be needing them badly.

My husband is is some serious pain today. He took the day off from work and said he wants to see a doctor. It has to be bad for him to mention the big "D word" (doctor)

My mom told me NOT to go to his regular doctor and use his insurance, that he needs to go to the hospital and give them the person who hit him's insurance. She's currently going through this nightmare from a work related injury. If we go to the hospital, will they know what to do and which insurance info to take?

I'm scared, hubby's scared. It was VERY serious last time he hurt his back. He said it took a few days to feel pain last time and he's terrified this time he's feeling pain right away. He wonders how long it will take before the true pain sets in... a few days? Or is it as bad now as its gonna get?

mina'smomma
10-06-2006, 07:33 AM
Keep us updated on how he is doing. Prayers are coming from MI

Catty1
10-06-2006, 09:10 AM
I hope there is some new treatment that will make this well...back pain is the worst.

I guess it's past a massage therapist or chiropractor giving even symptomatic relief?

HUGS! I hope he is well soon.

Craftlady
10-06-2006, 09:41 AM
Yes, the hospitals will know what to do and which insurance information to take. Once you tell them result of an accident, they know what to do. Also, going to your personal physician, they have forms to handle accident claims.
Either way your covered. It also covers PT if needed.

And you may ask "how does she know all this stuff"????? We've been there done this with accident that hubby had less than 2 years ago. Car insurance paid for everything expect the deductible.

FIRST AND FOR MOST: You need to notify your insurance carrier and give them the information, the hospital/or doctors office if you chose to go there first, will send all the information to your agent/company and inturn they will forward it to the other persons insurance carrier. In the meantime, get the accident report from the police. The insurance company will need this to document proof on who's fault it was in the accident.

Maya & Inka's mommy
10-06-2006, 12:32 PM
So sorry for your hubby.... ! I will keep him in my prayers, Kim!!

cassiesmom
10-06-2006, 01:03 PM
My mom told me NOT to go to his regular doctor and use his insurance, that he needs to go to the hospital and give them the person who hit him's insurance. She's currently going through this nightmare from a work related injury. If we go to the hospital, will they know what to do and which insurance info to take?

Catnapper: I'm an insurance nurse. Tell your husband that he needs to do both. He should show documentation of his insurance and tell the hospital that he is seeking treatment as the result of an auto accident. The hospital might not be able to bill the other driver's insurance directly; that is something that might have to be sorted out as the claims are processed. I know it is aggravating but there is no good way to handle this type of thing. The more information he can provide upfront about the other driver's insurance, the better. Keep us posted (literally!). Thoughts, prayers and purrs from Illinois.

catnapper
10-09-2006, 04:48 PM
Well, we're back from the doctor. If hubby wasn't in enough pain before the appt, he certainly is in enough pain now! He said the doctor bent him in ways he never bent before! :eek: He doesn't have to tell me how much pain he's in, I can tell just by looking at him. You can see the pain on his face - his eyes are glassy and he winces with every move.

He has to go for X-rays on friday (the first date available) and has three prescriptions for pain killers and muscle relaxers. The doctor also wants hubby to go for physical therapy and suggested hubby take a few more days off work. But hubby flat-out refuses to take more time off so he's returning to work tomorrow. :rolleyes: The doctor simply shrugged and said to get into therapy as soon as possible.... he has to call and schedule that yet.

Sigh.

jenluckenbach
10-09-2006, 06:43 PM
:( not exactly the update we would have hoped for. And therapy (although good FOR you) often hurts even more. :eek:

Hope he can at least attempt to take it easy at work this week.

dukedogsmom
10-09-2006, 07:28 PM
Sorry to hear he's not doing well. Maybe with the muscle relaxers and other treatments, he will get better. It would be horrible to have back pain all the time. I've just had it a few times and that was enough.