PDA

View Full Version : Feliway Collar Explained (by request)

Catty1
10-04-2006, 08:10 PM
I wanted to have Oscar get the full dose of Feliway - up to 4 hours exposure, my vet says. "Spray it in his favourite place," he said.

um...Oscar likes to wander...and I don't know WHERE he naps all day when I am at work.

So.

1. Feliway Rag: cut a small piece of towelling, about 3" by 3" and put it BESIDE Oscar. This worked better, but still didn't work because of the 'favourite place' situation.

2. Get Oscar a breakaway collar, cut a TINY piece of cloth, put a slit in the centre, slide it onto collar, slowly squirt Feliway onto cloth, and it goes where Oscar goes.

BIG problem - Oscar would groom himself, cloth caught on LOWER teeth and he could have choked. The collar DID NOT break away. I am glad I was home...OMG!

3. Buy cheap all-stretchy collar. Squirt Feliway directly ONTO collar, maybe 1/8 tsp. It soaks in. Put collar on Oscar.

Works great! Number of dosages depends on vet.

Freedom
10-05-2006, 09:00 AM
Thanks!

catmandu
10-05-2006, 03:59 PM
As someone once said necessity is the mother of invention.

Catsnclay
10-05-2006, 07:17 PM
OMG! Who ever thought of putting Feliway on the cats collar is a genius! I would have never thought of that!!

Here we have a few of the plug-ins going and sometimes they work, and sometimes they don't - you never know when either! :rolleyes:

My cats don't wear collars (they are strictly indoors) but I think my little "Pee-boy" has just earned himself a new special collar!

Thanks for the great idea! :D

phesina
10-05-2006, 07:33 PM
What a great idea, Candace! That might be just the thing for Ms. Bossy Britches Priscilla!

Thanks,

Pat