PDA

View Full Version : Explaining the concept of "work" to a cat

Don Juan's mom
10-04-2006, 07:18 PM
I had to explain to Zerlina why I had to stop playing with her this morning, even though she had her whiskers forward and tail twitching, ready for more!

"Mrrrrk!" (mom play some more)

"I can't, sweetie. I have to get ready for work."

"Myrrk?"

"Um, let's see.... It's like, if you were a barn cat and had to catch rats and mice for your food." :rolleyes:

Guess I better get back to chasing the mice. :D

Liz

jenluckenbach
10-04-2006, 07:38 PM
Cats simply do not understand the concept of WORK! (LOL) I mean....have you ever WATCHED one? :p

The cat's agenda:

Sleep

Nap

Snooze

Bathe

eat

Play

Nap

Sleep

rest

bathe

Eat

Sleep

Run around the house like a maniac.

Sleep some more. :rolleyes:

Edwina's Secretary
10-04-2006, 09:32 PM
You forgot...."beg for attention and head bumpies!" :D :D :D

Sonia59
10-05-2006, 04:19 AM
Which is a lot of work! But these stupid hoomans just don't understand it :rolleyes: Me, Peppito, I try to explain them everyday!

Maya & Inka's mommy
10-05-2006, 05:13 AM
Must add: "chase my sisters" ;) :D

Randi
10-05-2006, 07:55 AM
Cats simply do not understand the concept of WORK!

The cat's agenda:

Sleep

Nap

Snooze

Bathe

eat

Play

Nap

Sleep

rest

bathe

Eat

Sleep

Run around the house like a maniac.

Sleep some more. :rolleyes:
And of course... beg for attention and head bumpies! :D

I agree with you, they don't have a clue what work is about! If only they knew we do it to keep them healthy and happy. Still, it feels rather depressing to have to leave in the morning, when our babies REALLY REALLY need us! However, they're the first to tell us when it's bedtime.

Pam
10-05-2006, 08:00 AM
My cats take the task of waking their human up as part of their work routine. After all, if the human doesn't wake up they don't eat. Andy chooses to knock things off of flat surfaces and Trevor walks on said human, meowing at the top of his lungs.

aki
10-05-2006, 11:39 AM
Chuck always wants to be on my lap when I am on the computer. And of couse headbumpies make it rediculous to type! LOL

Don Juan's mom
10-05-2006, 03:59 PM
Well, THIS a.m. Zerlina came running in as soon as she heard the alarm for an extended chin scratch session. :rolleyes: :)

"Didn't I tell you I have go out and catch mice and rats for you and Don Juan?"

"MYRRRCCKK!!" (Ask me if I care.)

Liz

:D

catmandu
10-05-2006, 04:19 PM
I think that depends on how one describes work.
My Cats are here to lift my spirits, and to make a lonely Old Fellow not quite so lonely.
And to run and play and curl with me at night.
They are experts at doing thier jobs, true professionals, and I dont have nearly the money to pay then the salary they dererve.
Where on Earth would I be without thier love?

Bengalz
10-05-2006, 08:47 PM
.... not to mention all the entertainment they provide on a regular basis ;) Now that's gotta be considered WORK!!

Eve thinks her mom and dad are training-challenged but, being the good-hearted kitty she is, she puts up with our shortcomings :D

krazykitties
10-06-2006, 12:38 AM
another thing that is in their schedule is to purr and sit on their humans lap and get petted, or brushed. then there are the times when they have to tolerate getting their nials trimmed, that is a very stressful thing for them, and every time they struggle and scratch, or act so scared like they are going to be hurt or something. I wonder what goes thru their minds, when they are treated so good but act like they are going to be tortured just to be picked up for a couple minutes!

orangemm
10-06-2006, 04:25 AM
My guys are the best therapy on earth! When I come home after a long day, there they are, waiting at the door (well, not EVERYday) looking for attention and scritches.

Just stick a cat in my lap and I'm happy. :)

Don Juan's mom
10-06-2006, 02:09 PM
I'm eating breakfast. Don Juan climbs on my shoulder:

"Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr" [*kiss*]

(That's right. The BIG cat has the little purr.)

"Yes, I love you too."

"Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr"

"I love you, but I have to go out and catch mice and rats so we can have food."

Don Juan tightens his grip on my shoulder: PURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

What can I do? He's so good with "purr therapy"! :)