PDA

View Full Version : kittens socialize

wayne0214
06-03-2002, 07:11 AM
This morning I placed a board ramp to the top of my computer desk, so that those cats who are brought up here, (so they can become more familiar with me,) can get down. However a surprise was waiting for me, in that more kittens came up the ramp than went down. Now, there are 8 kittens, ( including one of my ["feral"] Abyssinian orange tabbys) with Tiger and Opheilia sleeping next to the keyboard -all in a pile! I plan to purchase a digital camera today, so I can post pictures of my furkids to everyone on Pet Talk!:D

(Sorry, I got this thread in the wrong forum)

................wayne

AmberLee
06-03-2002, 09:17 AM
Oh! That's something I'm looking forward to seeing. So excited that you are getting a digital camera!

sirocco
06-03-2002, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by wayne0214
so I can post pictures of my furkids to everyone on Pet Talk!:D

(Sorry, I got this thread in the wrong forum)

................wayne

Oh, Wayne, please do!!!!!!!! I'm wishing so badly to have a glimpse at your HUGE family ;)

Nita

yorkster
06-03-2002, 02:42 PM
That sound so cute (and funny)
Looking forward to pics of all you kitties that we have heard so much about!

AvaJoy
06-03-2002, 09:08 PM
Look forward to the pics, and let us know how the digital camera works out . . . I've been wanting to get one, but . . . so many choices!:confused:

Sara luvs her Tinky
06-03-2002, 11:18 PM
originally posted by Wayne0214
I plan to purchase a digital camera today, so I can post pictures of my furkids to everyone on Pet Talk!

OMG OMG I can't wait to see your furrkids!!!!!!!
That really sounds cute all of your kitties joined you at the puter!! Mine do too they dig those claws right in my leg and hop up there!!!:eek:

wayne0214
06-04-2002, 06:59 AM
Sara, I have one little dark gray (blue) kitten that I have named "Derek" He sounds just like an eagle when they are soaring and "screeching". (Eagles are fairly common out here in the rural valley) He climbs my pant leg whenever I get out canned food to feed them, but in a way it is cute, but also aggrivating.:) especially when I have red marks on my legs from him using me as a climbing post! Now I have to keep a bottle of spray water to try and correct him of this behavior.

Ava Joy, I have been missing you. I finally broke down and bought a digital camera yesterday. Now, I'll have to figure out how to use it! I bought one with 2.1 megapixels, and hoping that will be enough to give really sharp pictures. They (Walmart, Visalia) had one with 3.5 megapixels but it was $375, and did not desire to spend that much on a camera. Also they have a 90-day return policy, if for some reason the unit doesn't work properly or if it is not what you want, you can return it. The one I purchased is a Vivitar that was on special for $158. So, it will be the first time for me to use this kind of equipment, and I hope it does the job, and gives the same quality pictures as what is seen on Pet Talk.

........wayne

yumyum6970
06-04-2002, 10:08 AM
Thats great Wayne I can't wait to see the babies!! :) And yes please let us know how the camera works out I want to get one as well.

gini
06-04-2002, 10:28 AM
A pile of kitties - what a sight I can hardly wait to see. I would like to get a digital camera too, but I think I will need the accompanying book - digital for dummies!

Randi
06-04-2002, 10:35 AM
Wayne, have you got a digital yet? If you haven't, check that it has a good optical zoom, not just the digital one. there are surely lots of info on the net about all the different kinds. Ours is a Nikon coolpix 950, but there are now later models out. Canon's are supposed to have very good lenses.

Can't wait to see all your fur family! ;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-04-2002, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by wayne0214
I finally broke down and bought a digital camera yesterday. Now, I'll have to figure out how to use it! I bought one with 2.1 megapixels, and hoping that will be enough to give really sharp pictures.

Wayne, I've had my digital camera for almost 2 years now, and just learned something so I thought I'd pass it along. I, too, always wanted the best, clearest pictures. On my camera you can set the quality and sharpness (or things similar). I always had them on the highest settings for the best quality pictures. On that setting I can get 78 pictures on my memory card. Well, this past weekend I ran out of picture space, but still wanted to take a few, so I deleted one or two of them, then set the quality and sharpness settings a little lower - to the second best quality, per se. Now I can get 213 pictures on the card, and the pictures are much easier to deal with on the computer. They are not as big, and cropping and saving them is much easier too. And since they aren't as big, they don't take up as much space on my hard drive. And here's the important thing, the pictures I see on the computer are just as good, if not better, than the ones that had the higher settings! So what I've learned is that the pictures are just as good on the lower settings, and they are much easier to work with on the computer.

If you don't know what all this means yet, hopefully you will once you figure out your camera, and hopefully your camera has the option for different settings. My camera is also a 2.1 megapixel, and I was actually thinking about getting one of the "bigger" ones because I really didn't like the way the pictures were. But instead I discovered the lower settings and not only saved myself a ton of money, but a lot of aggravation too.

Also, we are headed to Germany and Switzerland on vacation, so now I have at least 213 pictures I can take without having to spend the money on another memory card. Hope this helps because I can't wait to see pictures of your family! :D

wayne0214
06-10-2002, 09:24 PM
gini, You mean an instruction manual that begins with, "This is a book", and then shows the digital camera, by stating, "This is your digital camera! " Frankly, this is the manual I need to study from!:D

............wayne

Nomilynn
06-14-2002, 02:13 AM
Am I being over zealous in asking WHERE ARE THE PICS!!! :D :D

I'm really looking forward to seeing them all :D

lynnestankard
06-14-2002, 09:15 AM
Wayne - LOL - firstly it's Derek trying to climb up your leg (God doesn't that hurt so much:eek: ).
Then it's a 'camel train' of kittens climbing up on your desk - I bet one of the older ones is stood at the door taking payment for the 'new exciting cat board ride':D :D :D
And then - INSTRUCTION BOOKS!!!! Need I say more? By the time you've got to the second chapter you've lost the will to live!!!!

ROTFL

lYNNE

AmberLee
06-14-2002, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by lynnestankard
... I bet one of the older ones is stood at the door taking payment for the 'new exciting cat board ride'...

:D :D ROTFLOL!!!! Oh, Lynne! I hurt myself laughing at that line! :D :D