PDA

View Full Version : Whats a wierd "snack" that you eat?

buttercup132
10-02-2006, 07:25 PM
Mine is the dark green peas out of a can with beef gravy and salt:o Its 8:30 and I'm having a bowl of it:o

Whats something really wierd you eat?

Riptide
10-02-2006, 07:29 PM
I'm quite fond of Sour Cream 'n Onion chips with shredded cheese melted on top.

And also carrots dipped in peanut butter. Yummmm!

BC_MoM
10-02-2006, 07:33 PM

That IS weird! LOL

I love eating apples with peanut butter. I'm not sure if that's weird or not, though.

Zippy
10-02-2006, 07:47 PM
The peanut in the shell is the wierdest :o
I am also a huge fan of seasoning salted french fries

MajesticCollies
10-02-2006, 07:52 PM
Well I just had to look. lol I really think I'm in the norm. Geez,, Canned peas with beef gravy.:rolleyes: Oh My Girl. At least eat frozen peas. lol

buttercup132
10-02-2006, 08:04 PM
And also carrots dipped in peanut butter. Yummmm! :eek: Very umm different LOL

Well I just had to look. lol I really think I'm in the norm. Geez,, Canned peas with beef gravy.http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/rolleyes.gif Oh My Girl. At least eat frozen peas. lol Lol ewwwy Frozen peas. I think frozen food taste like plastic..just another wierd thing about me I guess lol.

Argranade
10-02-2006, 08:11 PM
I can have a jar of pickles in the morning..rather have that then cereal lol!

Somthing else I love that no one else like's it seems...

Porogies with sour cream, butter, then finaly loads of ketchup it looks realy gross but it taste realt good.

GoldenRetrLuver
10-02-2006, 08:41 PM

Haha, same here! I'm actually eating some right now.

I also like to dip just about everything I eat in Ketchup or salad dressing. :o

CatLuvrs
10-02-2006, 08:44 PM
I like peanut butter and syrup mixed together. lol

luvofallhorses
10-02-2006, 08:55 PM
blech! canned peas and gravy? I hate gravy. :o I love peas in the pod. :)

peanut butter and carrots sounds good. :) I eat peanut butter and cheese sandwiches from time to time. :) I dip everything in honey mustard...and I eat bagels with peanut butter..not sure if that's weird or not. ;)

Argrandade,

I LOVE pickles but..
a jar of pickles in the morning? :eek: you must have a strong stomach. ;) I know my stomach can't handle that, that early in the morning. :rolleyes:

k9krazee
10-02-2006, 09:28 PM
Ritz crackers in vanilla pudding!!

I also enjoy pickles for breakfast ;)

Dorothy39
10-02-2006, 10:58 PM
These weird snacks are cracking me up, big time.

carrot dipped in peanut butter? ( never done that one) :D

Hummm, Pickles for Breakfast? Sounds easy to me :D ( here's breakfast honey) :D

Now, I do like creamed peas with pearl onions, ( no one else in my family will eat them though)

and , I like fresh green beans with bacon and onions!!!! I think I could eat them for breakfast ( passing on that pickle :D )

Aside from Fresh Garden Peas ( oh, how I love Peas from the Garden) Frozen Peas are a good substitute. I just rinse them in a colondar and eat them like a snack!!

Flatcoatluver
10-03-2006, 12:08 AM
WOW so werid choises!!
I am allergic to pickels, but I do love them.

I like to put mustard on my corn. I don't know if that is weird or not!

BC_MoM
10-03-2006, 12:13 AM
OOH. French fries dipped in ranch dressing is good, too. :D

Flatcoatluver
10-03-2006, 12:19 AM
OOH. French fries dipped in ranch dressing is good, too. :D
Yum thats sounds good, ranch is really yummy with pizza to.

Crazy-Cat-Lover
10-03-2006, 12:39 AM
Sometimes I put plain potato chips onto my peanut butter sandwich. :o

BC_MoM
10-03-2006, 12:49 AM
Yum thats sounds good, ranch is really yummy with pizza to.

Yes, it is!! :D My Dad always gets angry and tells me to go buy my own ranch dressing because it's for salad, NOT pizza. lol

Lori Jordan
10-03-2006, 09:39 AM
I have been doing this for years a penut butter sandwich with lettuce my Grandad used to make us kids them,Seriously penut butter fans try it you will get hooked!

luvofallhorses
10-03-2006, 11:10 AM
Sometimes I put plain potato chips onto my peanut butter sandwich. :o

I don't think that's weird. I put potato chips on my sandwiches sometimes. :) or cooler ranch doritos. :)

I also dip my french fries in wendy's frosties. :o

Blue_Frog
10-03-2006, 12:25 PM
Sushi for Breakfast, smoked Eel (well, smoked anything really), pickled anything (mmm pickled beans in a caesar = good!), pickles chopped up into chili ... i'm sure theres more :)

Blue_Frog
10-03-2006, 12:26 PM
Sushi for Breakfast, smoked Eel (well, smoked anything really), pickled anything (mmm pickled beans in a caesar = good!), pickles chopped up into chili ... i'm sure theres more :)

Posted by luvofallhorses:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy-Cat-Lover
Sometimes I put plain potato chips onto my peanut butter sandwich.

I don't think that's weird. I put potato chips on my sandwiches sometimes

Me too!! Always Lays Dill Pickle tho (very particular) mmmmmm.. dill pickle chips!

Maya & Inka's mommy
10-03-2006, 12:28 PM
Onions on vinegar (in jars). :p :p ;)

lv4dogs
10-03-2006, 12:48 PM
There was just a very similiar thread not too long ago...
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=110457&highlight=weird+things+eat

But I have one to add to it,
I love drinking chocolate milk when I eat tuna fish sandwiches.

angelbow20
10-03-2006, 12:57 PM
i like crushed bananas, cherry pie filling and pretzels all together in a bowl.

LilacDragon
10-03-2006, 01:01 PM
If you really need to dip your french fries into anything, it should be mayonaisse!

My son and I both eat croutons out of the package like chips.

lv4dogs
10-03-2006, 01:03 PM

So can I, they are delicious! :D

Anita Cholaine
10-03-2006, 02:24 PM
If you really need to dip your french fries into anything, it should be mayonaisse!

LOL, that's what I was going to say! I can't really think of anything else that is weird.

jenluckenbach
10-03-2006, 02:36 PM
peanut butter sandwich with lettuce !
This actually sounds good! :)

pitc9
10-03-2006, 03:04 PM

Yummy!! Me too!!

I like Peanut butter with apples,carrots, celery and banana's!
(*not all together at once) :p
I love putting potato chips on ham sandwiches!
I like dipping pretzles in yogurt.
I love dipping old, stale cookies in coffee.
My hubby eats peanut butter and tomato sandwiches! Yuck! :eek:

GreyhoundGirl
10-03-2006, 04:18 PM
:o :o :o Dog bisquits. :o Just one kind, though. Most bisquits taste like unsalted crackers. ( I'm an EXPERT on this subject! ) But these ones are so good. The ones from PET VALU they are breath-freshener/ Gingivitis. I really wanted to try one, because they smell like coco chip cookies. ;) Now I'm addicted. Jenny never gets them anymore. ;) I'm such a rotten mother, I eat all her treats.

Nobody laugh. You would like 'em if you tried 'em. :rolleyes:

Ewww, mayo is gross. ( and I'm allergic, which doesn't make me more fond of it. )

Suki Wingy
10-03-2006, 04:33 PM
Flamin' Hot Cheetos in some cottage cheese! MMMM!

Vette
10-03-2006, 05:58 PM
Tuna an crackers...

drain the can of tuna,, scoop it out into a bowl... add a couple big blobs of mayo to it..
get yourself some crackers to scoop it up with to eat it... and vala..
tuna and crackers

at least according to my best on line friend... that is weird. ;) LOL

Crazy-Cat-Lover
10-03-2006, 06:06 PM
Tuna an crackers...

drain the can of tuna,, scoop it out into a bowl... add a couple big blobs of mayo to it..
tuna and crackers

MMMM! I mix my tuna with salt, pepper, mayo and mustard then spread it on crackers. :D

animal_rescue
10-03-2006, 06:16 PM
I LOVE Egg and Grilled Cheese sandwiches and Tuna Mac.

CelticDreamer
10-03-2006, 10:41 PM
~Wonders what Porogies are ??? I'm originally from the land of many Leprechauns & can't say that i've heard of those before... You all do have shall we say interesting taste buds in the food department when it comes to what you like or don't like....

Just as long as I never have to eat Cherrys, Olives, Anchovies, Sushi and Spinach all shall be cool..... ;)

luvofallhorses
10-03-2006, 10:51 PM
~Wonders what Porogies are ??? I'm originally from the land of many Leprechauns & can't say that i've heard of those before... You all do have shall we say interesting taste buds in the food department when it comes to what you like or don't like....

perogies are basically just potato and cheese snacks. :) I personally don't care for them. ;)

http://www.cheemo.com/images/907g_3Cheese2.jpg

lv4dogs
10-04-2006, 08:54 AM
Tuna an crackers...

tuna and crackers

That's not weird, that's delicious! I'll even eat the tuna on crackers with or without the mayo.

I mix my tuna with salt, pepper, mayo and mustard then spread it on crackers.
That's good too, especially so with spicy brown mustard.

mruffruff
10-04-2006, 10:01 AM
Perogies are made with a noodle dough, filled with mashed potato, cooked cabbage and onion, or potato And cheese. The noodle dough is rolled out, cut into 2" circles. After putting a spoonful of filling on it, it is folded over and sealed very well. They are then boiled for 10 minutes. Drain and fry in butter until hot and if you prefer, crusty.

My daughter learned to make them from her Russian grandmother. The ones you buy in the freezer section are made with a thicker dough and bland filling to suit the masses. I like the cabbage and onion ones, but they sure do talk back the next day!

buttercup132
10-04-2006, 02:38 PM
Wow thats some wierd stuff.

Greyhoundgirl Ithink I know what cookies your talking about. Do they come in a bag (II think they are Vita Life or Performatrin right?)
The owner of the Pet Valu I worked at made me try one, they were a little dry but him and my manager would buy bags and eat them with thier coffee/tea.

dab_20
10-04-2006, 06:59 PM
I love eating apples with peanut butter.

Me too!

Argranade
10-04-2006, 07:14 PM
Penut butter toast dipped in syrup is realy good! :D

Tollers-n-Dobes
10-04-2006, 09:12 PM
I don't think I really eat anything weird...nothing that I can think of at the moment anyway.

My favourite snacks are an apple with peanut butter, tuna (with mayo) on crackers, and carrots with or without some sort of dip. Those are actually pretty much the only things I eat as far as snacks go, and I don't think they're overly weird at all..

mina'smomma
10-05-2006, 12:26 PM
Ricotta Cheese with some splenda and a tablespoon of Almond Extract.

cyber-sibes
10-05-2006, 04:19 PM
Penut butter toast dipped in syrup is realy good! :DMy mom used to put peanut butter on bread and then pour maple syrup all over it, she said it was her favorite comfort food. Always grossed me out!
I like cole slaw on potato chips. Discovered this delicacy when I was a waitress & had to eat on the run while working. Haven't been able to convince anyone else to try it. It really is good!

Crazy-Cat-Lover
10-05-2006, 04:53 PM
It's not really a snack, but I love syrup on my bacon! :p

GreyhoundGirl
10-05-2006, 06:30 PM
Wow thats some wierd stuff.

Greyhoundgirl Ithink I know what cookies your talking about. Do they come in a bag (II think they are Vita Life or Performatrin right?)
The owner of the Pet Valu I worked at made me try one, they were a little dry but him and my manager would buy bags and eat them with thier coffee/tea.

I bought them in a glass jar because you get the same amount of cookies for half the price as a bag. But they do come in bags. I don't know what brand they are, the jar just says "performance." (sp?)

Your manager would eat them with coffee or tea?!?! Wow, I thought I was odd. I would NEVER eat them in public.

buttercup132
10-06-2006, 07:28 PM
I bought them in a glass jar because you get the same amount of cookies for half the price as a bag. But they do come in bags. I don't know what brand they are, the jar just says "performance." (sp?)

Your manager would eat them with coffee or tea?!?! Wow, I thought I was odd. I would NEVER eat them in public.Lol ya he was ...uhh...special . Hmm I've never seen those though.

Husky15
10-06-2006, 09:16 PM
I'm quite normal with my snacks, but all of these ... different ... snacks are making me crack up! Thank you for making this thread, it's quite amusing.

The weirdest snack I like is Oreos dipped in peanut butter (I'm crazy for peanut butter), but I know some people dip their Oreos in peanut butter too.

Rachel
10-07-2006, 06:25 AM
Don't eat ice cream any more, but when I did, adding broken up saltine crackers to slightly melted ice cream was the best. The ice cream has to be at just the right consistancy, where you can stir it. Try it with vanilla or chocolate. [mmmm]

Dorothy39
10-07-2006, 08:00 AM
Don't eat ice cream any more, but when I did, adding broken up saltine crackers to slightly melted ice cream was the best. The ice cream has to be at just the right consistancy, where you can stir it. Try it with vanilla or chocolate. [mmmm]
I've never eaten that concoction, but, my husband likes to eat vanilla ice-cream with Corn Flakes added to it!!

I don't eat ice cream as often as I used to either!!! :o

christa
10-07-2006, 01:16 PM
There are so many things wrong with this thread! LOL I am lmao and kind of gagging at the same time! :D

Either I'm normal or . . . I don't know . . . maybe not.

The weirdest snack for me? My hubby thinks I'm crazy when I carry around a spoon of natty peanut butter.

Sometimes when I get a chocolate craving, I'll make a protein brownie in the microwave - 1 scoop of protein powder (chocolate), 1 or 2 tbsp natty pb, 2 tbsp water, heat in 30 second intervals until done.

I like tuna salad on crackers too. Maybe that's not as weird as you think!

I eat hard boiled eggs for a snack also.

Argranade
10-07-2006, 01:35 PM
The most gross thing I ever seen someone eat in my life was,

butter plain old raw butter, the kid was eating it spoon by spoon.

If I ever did that I swear I would have barfed. *yuck*

Vette
10-10-2006, 06:42 PM
That's not weird, that's delicious! I'll even eat the tuna on crackers with or without the mayo.

MMMM! I mix my tuna with salt, pepper, mayo and mustard then spread it on crackers. :D

And i thought i was the only one that did the tuna and crackers thing :o
never thought of mixing other stuff with it other then mayo though.

joanofark
10-10-2006, 06:58 PM
HOT doritos!!

I spread doritos on a plate. Then cover them with hot sause. Sprinkle shredded sharp cheese on them and then pop them into the microwave oven!! LOL

sammy101
10-10-2006, 07:18 PM
Macaroni & cheese with ketchup. :o

GreyhoundGirl
10-10-2006, 07:29 PM
Soy tacos !!

( AKA vegetarien fake meat tacos )

luvofallhorses
10-10-2006, 08:20 PM
I'm quite normal with my snacks, but all of these ... different ... snacks are making me crack up! Thank you for making this thread, it's quite amusing.

The weirdest snack I like is Oreos dipped in peanut butter (I'm crazy for peanut butter), but I know some people dip their Oreos in peanut butter too.

I love my oreos dipped in peanut butter, too! :D I didn't try it until I saw the parent trap with Lindsay Lohan. :p