PDA

View Full Version : Found a dog today, and reunited him with his owners *pic*

ComedyDevil
10-02-2006, 03:48 PM
Was walking Dylan and Squid today, when I found this little guy:

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f123/twistypop/custard.jpg

trying to cross a busy road by himself :eek:

Managed to grab him (luckily he was friendly and so are my dogs), and brought him home, gave him a brush, and something to eat. Took him for a walk to see if anyone recognised him but no-one did, so rang to police to see if he had been reported missing, which he hadn't. They told us we could keep him for the night if we wanted, but I have to go out tomorrow, and even though he got on fine with my dogs whilst I was there I wouldn't feel safe leaving him alone with them, so I made plans to take him to the police station at 8 unless someone rang for him before that. In the meantime all 5 dogs ran around the garden like crazy for an hour. He had lovely manners, knew how to sit (!) and gave kisses :D I named him Scruff (original, I know).

So at half seven we set off for the police station, and were just about to pull into their car park when we had a phone call to say the owners had rang. So we went all the way back and took him home :) Turns out he lives about 10 minutes away from us. His family were so happy to see him, apparently he's called Custard :D and they'd been searching for him all afternoon. They gave me £10 for returning him (I didnt want to take it but they insisted, so my boys will be getting some new toys tomorrow) and I told them if they ever needed a babysitter, he was more than welcome to come and play at my house again.

Isn't he cute? :p

buttercup132
10-02-2006, 03:50 PM
Hes ADORABLE!!

Im glad you rescued him:)

Muddy4paws
10-02-2006, 03:51 PM
He looks gorgeous I love the name! :D

Toby's my baby
10-02-2006, 03:59 PM
He is adorable!! Thank you for taking care of him while he was lost! :)

zoey
10-02-2006, 04:01 PM
You are Custard's hero!! WTG!! :D

lute
10-02-2006, 04:08 PM
he is really cute! way to go for finding his owners. :)

MajesticCollies
10-02-2006, 04:15 PM
WooHoo way to go Amy!!!!!http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m298/majesticcollies/vovve.gifIt's angels like you that make dog owners proud!!!!

cyber-sibes
10-02-2006, 04:41 PM
what a happy little guy! So glad to hear he's been reunited with his family - and I'll bet you hear from them again! Playdate!