PDA

View Full Version : Beans pics

doolittleky
10-02-2006, 02:43 PM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y137/JamaicaJim/Beans029.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y137/JamaicaJim/Beans024.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y137/JamaicaJim/Beans034.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y137/JamaicaJim/Beans035.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y137/JamaicaJim/Beans035.jpg http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y137/JamaicaJim/Beans044.jpg

buttercup132
10-02-2006, 02:48 PM
Aww what a cutie. Such a sweet face!

I dont come on this side very much , so sorry if I may ask what wrong with her legs?

CultureJunky
10-02-2006, 03:18 PM
Beans you are such a brave little boy, you are wonderful. You are very loved by Melissa, Lizzie and everybody on pet talk already, even though we've only seen a few pics of you. You'll forever be in our hearts no matter who you belong to!

catmandu
10-02-2006, 04:05 PM
Beans Is Really Starting To Look Very Good, Its Clear That Tlc And Care Are Starting To Help Him Turn The Corner To Being A Happy Healthy Cat.

doolittleky
10-02-2006, 05:53 PM
it was a birth defect and he was born that way without elbow joints.
Melissa

momcat
10-02-2006, 05:58 PM
Beans, you are just too cute for words! Hope to see more pictures of you very soon. Scritchies and tummy rubs being sent just for you!!!!!

Catty1
10-02-2006, 06:14 PM
Wherever Beans winds up living, remember that there are other wonderful cats who need homes and love.

If that makes sense.

AbbyMom
10-02-2006, 07:23 PM
Give that cat a kiss for me!

kt_luvs_kitties
10-02-2006, 09:18 PM
Melissa, I can tell Beans is well loved and well taken care of. He looks so handsome, paws and all. Too bad he cant stay where he is already loved very much, and is obviously happy. He deserves the best, and I pray he gets it. Katie and kitties

Lizzie
10-03-2006, 12:41 PM
Thank you for posting more photographs, Melissa. I have been able to print out a few which can now replace the very worn out printout I made from PetFinder nearly two months ago. It's travelled with me constantly and is ready to fall to pieces.

About 2am today (I've been losing sleep over this also) I came up with what I think is the most logical, fair and reasonable solution to the problem of where Beans should find his permanent home. In order to adopt Beans in early August, I completed a form which included information on my vet. The shelter contacted my vet for a reference and that cleared just fine. As you all know, many shelters like to visit your home before you adopt and that can make a long-distance adoption nearly impossible. In this case, the shelter agreed that since my vet has visited my home several times (for at-home euthanasia) and the techs are there every few months to help me, they would take their word for it that my home was suitable. I also paid the $60 adoption fee.

If Melissa is willing to go through the same process I went through, though in her case it will include a home visit by the shelter director, and the shelter approves her adoption of Beans, then I will release all claim on him. Michelle, the shelter director, has agreed to drive to Louisville on Sunday, October 8 (Melissa is having some special photographs taken of Beans before that date) and go through the adoption process with Melissa. The ultimate decision will be based purely on her assessment of whether to leave Beans in his current home with Melissa, her adoption of him formalized, or to return him to the shelter until I can fly in to get him late next week. If Melissa becomes Beans guardian, she will need to reimburse me for the adoption fee and the $150 I sent her for travel expenses, and Beans' vet fees and care, since these are expenses she would have taken care of if she had adopted Beans directly from the shelter.

I have found this decision very distressing to make since Beans has, in my mind and heart, been "one of my boys" for two months. I have, however, listened to what others have said and feel it is right to offer this opportunity to Melissa to make Beans her own.

Melissa - you need to contact Michelle at 740-353-5758 in order to set up a best time for her visit with you.

Catty1
10-03-2006, 01:02 PM
Lizzie - this has been very hard for you...and this takes courage for you to do.

I think it is a fair offer - and to be reimbursed the expenses you already have put in, makes sense. None of us are made of money!

I hope all goes well, and I know things will work out the way they are supposed to.

HUGS!

catlover4ever
10-03-2006, 01:17 PM
Beans what an inspiration you are....and OH SO HANDSOME!!!! :) :) :)

jenluckenbach
10-03-2006, 01:38 PM
Lizzie - this has been very hard for you...and this takes courage for you to do.

I think it is a fair offer - and to be reimbursed the expenses you already have put in, makes sense. None of us are made of money!

I hope all goes well, and I know things will work out the way they are supposed to.

HUGS!
What a wonderful offer. And a truly fair one.

I know that Beans will have a great home with whomever the shelter directer chooses.

Best of luck to you both. And {{{{{HUGS}}}}} as well.

Logan
10-03-2006, 03:30 PM
I send my prayers for Beans, but I'm not sure I really understand who has him and where he is going? Is Melissa taking him, permanently?

So confused,but in the end, I hope Beans is going to be ok. Such a beautiful baby. :)

Logan

elizabethann
10-03-2006, 03:47 PM
My, what big beautiful eyes!!

Catty1
10-04-2006, 07:05 PM
I was trying to find this thread...what's up?

Melissa - have you called the shelter lady?

Whass happenin'?

Lizzie - any news?

hugs!

Reachoutrescue
10-05-2006, 12:27 AM
Melissa! You must be so happy, I would be! Beans is just so adorable! I wish you luck with him. Have you decided to go along with the vets suggestion on declawing? Lizzie, that must have been a hard decision. I commend you for that. You two ladies are wonderful!

Lizzie
10-05-2006, 02:09 AM
I was trying to find this thread...what's up?

Melissa - have you called the shelter lady?

Whass happenin'?

Lizzie - any news?

hugs!

I haven't heard from Melissa. She may be thinking things over or she might be sick. I know she was away from work on Monday because she had a migraine. I do need to hear from Melissa soon if she wants to go ahead with the visit by Michelle and possible formal adoption because then I'll know that I have to wait until I've heard Michelle's decision before I even think about whether I need to look at flights. Melissa and I had earlier discussed my flying to Louisville on the 12th to pick up Beans, and if that plan is what she decides on then I need to book the flight now.

jenluckenbach
10-05-2006, 05:47 AM
Melissa, WHERE are you?

It isn't really fair to keep Lizzie "in the dark".

What are you going to do? This is your chance......but you need to decide!

Logan
10-05-2006, 08:14 AM
When I saw this, I went and left Doo a message over at an MSN site that she helps to manage. I hope she will see it and check in soon.

Logan

Lizzie
10-05-2006, 09:29 AM
Melissa, WHERE are you?

It isn't really fair to keep Lizzie "in the dark".

What are you going to do? This is your chance......but you need to decide!

Actually, the person who needs to know most urgently what is going to happen is Michelle, the shelter director. She is planning to drive to Melissa on Sunday, her day off, and with her two children in the car which is extremely kind of her.

Edited to add that the front desk just handed me a phone message from Michelle that came in at 1pm yesterday telling me to call her right away. The shelter doesn't pick up their phone until noon so I'll call in about 40 minutes (I think I have the time difference right). I just don't know what to say to her. The phone number I had for Melissa doesn't work any more and she doesn't have a land line. Can anyone else call her and ask her to contact the shelter?

Lizzie
10-05-2006, 02:52 PM
I talked to Michelle, the shelter director, a short time ago and found out that Melissa did call and talk to her yesterday afternoon. Unfortunately, the call did not include a discussion on when Michelle could visit Melissa's home. Instead, Melissa made several unpleasant, unfounded, and slanderous, statements about me (that left me shivering with shock) and told Michelle that Beans should simply stay with her. The great majority of my discussions with Melissa have been kept offline and private, as is appropriate, but I'm so very hurt and shocked by this that I decided to post openly.

I don't understand all this. All Melissa has to do is go through the normal adoption process, as I did. Why not do that?

jazzcat
10-05-2006, 03:10 PM
Oh wow, I'm just now seeing this but what a disturbing turn of events. Lizzie and Melisa, I hope you two can work this out and that the best for Beans is priority.

I'm so sorry to see it's gone this direction.

Catty1
10-05-2006, 07:19 PM
Melissa - EVERYONE with that shelter has to go through a home approval for the adoption process. You, too.

I have it on reliable authority that you have been crying real tears to get your way - or try to - with several different people. Including the shelter director.

Lizzie's place had to be approved for Beans. If YOURS gets approved too - and why wouldn't it - you get to KEEP Beans!

Lizzie is out money because of Beans, and she just wants to get her expenses back, money that YOU would have had to pay.

Here is your chance to adopt Beans 'legally', just like the process Lizzie went through.

Show some maturity, and stop crying. That makes it better for Beans and other living creatures - and YOU.

kt_luvs_kitties
10-05-2006, 08:13 PM
I have tried to keep my mouth shut about this. BUT after this last update, I just cant.

Please know that Melissa NEVER EVER EVER said she was going to keep Beans from Lizzie. All she said was that she would LIKE to keep him. She has agreed to Lizzies plans to come get him about 4-5 times and then it gets changed last minute.(not by Melissas own choice)

Also, THERE WAS NEVER ANY FAIR CHANCE FOR MELISSA TO GET BEANS. NEVER. MELISSA DID INDEED TALK WITH MICHELLE, AND WAS THEN TOLD "LIZZIE DOES NOT WANT YOU TO HAVE HIM". AND THAT "SHE HAS NO CHANCE OF GETTING HIM". Please everyone only give notoriety where it is due.

I can not believe that this was brought to the public, for everyone to read. ESP. since the whole story has not been told. I think it is AWFUL AND CRUEL for Melissa to be lead to believe there was a fair chance of becoming Beans owner, when that obviously was NOT the case. Michelle would not give Melissa a fair chance. No way no how.

Beans IS Lizzies cat, We all know that... Including Melissa. But lets not make Melissa look like a bad person, just because she said " I WOULD LIKE TO KEEP BEANS". It should have never esculated to this point.

Melissa would do what was asked of her, but knowing that she wont get him either way, why bother really? I mean that was clearly stated "BY THE FAIR SHELTER OPERATOR".

And Melissa has no internet access right now, it is a long weekend and she is not at work.

And one more thing-- When Melissa called Michelle at the shelter, she never mentioned coming for a house visit or anything of that nature, she asked her WHEN CAN I PICK BEANS UP FOR LIZZIE.

Catty1
10-05-2006, 08:16 PM
I suggest a three-way call between Lizzie, Melissa and the shelter director. Conference call. So everyone involved can be on the same page.

IF - I said, IF - Melissa did say things about Lizzie not being a good home for Beans - maybe THAT is when the director said that Melissa was not getting Beans.

But only with a 3-way phone call can this be straightened up.

JMO

I hope that can happen.

kt_luvs_kitties
10-05-2006, 08:22 PM
I wish so too. I do not believe Melissa would make slanderous remarks. I have talked to her almost everyday for over a year,one of my very BEST friends and she just is not that type of person. If she was such a bad terrible cat stealing person, she would have just taken Beans and never posted again. Melissa loves Beans and truly does want what is best for him. Hopefully something good will come of this awful mess... Katie

kimlovescats
10-05-2006, 08:47 PM
Melissa - EVERYONE with that shelter has to go through a home approval for the adoption process. You, too.

I have it on reliable authority that you have been crying real tears to get your way - or try to - with several different people. Including the shelter director.

Lizzie's place had to be approved for Beans. If YOURS gets approved too - and why wouldn't it - you get to KEEP Beans!

Lizzie is out money because of Beans, and she just wants to get her expenses back, money that YOU would have had to pay.

Here is your chance to adopt Beans 'legally', just like the process Lizzie went through.

Show some maturity, and stop crying. That makes it better for Beans and other living creatures - and YOU.

Well said!

Lizzie
10-05-2006, 09:13 PM
I have tried to keep my mouth shut about this. BUT after this last update, I just cant.

Please know that Melissa NEVER EVER EVER said she was going to keep Beans from Lizzie. All she said was that she would LIKE to keep him. She has agreed to Lizzies plans to come get him about 4-5 times and then it gets changed last minute.(not by Melissas own choice)

I wish so very much that Melissa had spoken to me directly about this. We'd spoken many times on the phone and by email. Suddenly, when I posted the thread "Beans, please" I received a pm from someone else on the forum telling me that "Beans wants to stay with Melissa". When I responded that I'd adopted Beans and I expected Melissa to follow through with our agreement, I received another pm, again not from Melissa, telling me that Melissa was in a terrible state because she thought I'd agree to give her Beans. I did, at that point, feel betrayed by Melissa because she had not approached me personally and because she'd been so supportive all along of my desire to adopt Beans.

I have had difficult in arranging a flight because of work issues and cat issues and once I'd talked to Michelle about opening up the adoption, and posting on the thread, I stopped trying to book a flight.

Also, THERE WAS NEVER ANY FAIR CHANCE FOR MELISSA TO GET BEANS. NEVER. MELISSA DID INDEED TALK WITH MICHELLE, AND WAS THEN TOLD "LIZZIE DOES NOT WANT YOU TO HAVE HIM". AND THAT "SHE HAS NO CHANCE OF GETTING HIM". Please everyone only give notoriety where it is due.

Michelle would have no idea who Lizzie is since that is not my name.

I told Michelle that I wanted to open up the adoption, she was surprised but said it was my call. When Melissa called her, according to Michelle who has no stake in who says what her, Melissa stated that I only wanted Beans as a show piece, that I would provide a poor home for him, that I'd adopted cats all over the place on the internet and then had refused to pick them up (in fact, I've worked privately with both Jen and Tracy on the cats I adopted and which they are fostering, both of them fine with decisions we made), and that she'd consulted a psychic who had told her that Beans should not go to me because it would be a negative environment for him. Michelle didn't tell me that she had turned Melissa down, only that she'd discussed the matter with the director of the whole complex and she had said she thought the original adoption should go through.

I can not believe that this was brought to the public, for everyone to read. ESP. since the whole story has not been told. I think it is AWFUL AND CRUEL for Melissa to be lead to believe there was a fair chance of becoming Beans owner, when that obviously was NOT the case. Michelle would not give Melissa a fair chance. No way no how.

Beans IS Lizzies cat, We all know that... Including Melissa. But lets not make Melissa look like a bad person, just because she said " I WOULD LIKE TO KEEP BEANS". It should have never esculated to this point.

I would appreciate your working with Melissa on helping her get Beans to me. I might be able to contact my boss in Switzerland and arrange to begin my vacation early so that I could still make a round trip on October 12, if tickets are still available. I am sure she is going to need a friend to support her because it will be distressing to her to give up this cat she has come to love.

Melissa would do what was asked of her, but knowing that she wont get him either way, why bother really? I mean that was clearly stated "BY THE FAIR SHELTER OPERATOR".

And Melissa has no internet access right now, it is a long weekend and she is not at work.

I thought Melissa goes to a friend's to use their computer when she is at home.

And one more thing-- When Melissa called Michelle at the shelter, she never mentioned coming for a house visit or anything of that nature, she asked her WHEN CAN I PICK BEANS UP FOR LIZZIE.

I'm confused here. If you mean the first time Melissa called and she was arranging to pick up Beans to foster for me, then there was no need for a home visit because it was temporary and I had told Michelle that I trusted Melissa to provide Beans with a good foster home. If you mean yesterday, again Michelle would not recognize the name Lizzie.

kt_luvs_kitties
10-05-2006, 09:36 PM
I know your real name, I did not think you wanted it to be known, hence the screen name. I just replaced your name with your sn, trying to be considerate since Melissa asked me not to use your real name, because she thought you did not want the whole world to know it.

And no, I am talking about yesterday when Melissa talked with Michelle, she never brought up Melissa trying to adopt, she said she wanted to pick up Beans for you, and that Melissa was NOT getting him.

And I am sure she wishes this would not be public, and would have been able to be worked out between you two privately as well.

And as far as her thinking you "might" agree to Beans staying with her, is because you decided to adopt the other 3 you agreed to take to the people whom "fostered" and "transported" them. So was she really wrong to think that? If I were her, I would have thought that as well.

I am not trying to be hasty. But Melissa is being made out to the so horrible, when all she did really is love a cat. Your cat.

kt_luvs_kitties
10-05-2006, 09:37 PM
And Melissa is not near a computer. Her friend goes to bed early, and she knew nothing of this until late afternoon.

jenluckenbach
10-06-2006, 05:14 AM
I apologize. I made it public. :(

I was drug into this unwillingly but I became emotionally involved. (It is one of my faults)

I TOLD Melissa to just ASK Lizzie. I am unsure why she wouldn't. :confused:

I give up trying to figure out who is telling the WHOLE truth. I just wish someone would relent and get this over with.

AGAIN, I apologize, I was terribly wrong. :(

Logan
10-06-2006, 08:13 AM
One thing I feel fairly certain about is that which ever of these ladies ends up with Beans, he will be loved and cared for. I just hope that there can be some honest, private conversations, and that the emotions can settle down and that everyone will do what is right for this precious kitty. :)

Lizzie
10-06-2006, 09:50 AM
Katie - can you get Melissa to give me a call? She has both my work and home numbers, but if she has mislaid them I can send them to you by pm. The number I have for her no longer works; I know she was having trouble with that cell phone. I pm'd her for a new number but haven't received it yet. I now know that I won't be able to pick up Beans until October 16 because I'm going to be heavily involved in training new people until then. Melissa and I need to figure out a new date and time that will work for both of us. Thank you for your help.

kt_luvs_kitties
10-06-2006, 09:38 PM
Lizzie, yes I will. Please PM me the numbers and I will give them to her. Her cellphone is broken, she uses her friends cellphone (not the one with the computer) when she goes to give her 2 FIV+ kitties their insulin morning and nighttime. I will be glad to pass on those numbers, and maybe you two can have a heart to heart and get things fixed. I KNOW that Melissa would like to keep contact after Beans goes to live with you. Hopefully you two can agree to keep contact, it is best for all I believe. Two people love him, and will continue that forever I am sure.

And Jen, it is not your fault. It is noones. PLEASE dont blame yourself.

I *think* Melissa was scared to ask, she did NOT want feelings to get hurt or people to get mad. I am sure noone thought it would get this bad.