PDA

View Full Version : Oh My Gosh!!!

BC_MoM
10-02-2006, 02:30 PM
Lately when I've taken the M&M's outside in the back, they've always been sniffing this one spot in the grass. I ignored it, thinking maybe another dog had been in the yard or something, and they were sniffing.

Today Molly kept sniffing, and kind of nosing the ground playfully and started to roll.

"Aww, Molly, you crazy girl!" I say...

Then she starts kind of grabbing at something and I tell her leave it and walk over there....

IT'S WAS A DEAD MOUSE!! It didn't have any fur though.. FREAKIN' GROSS!!

As soon as my siblings get home, they're helping me bathe Molly. I won't even touch her right now.

I think I'm going to be sick!! LOL

PS - Should I be concerned about her catching anything from the ?mouse? in case it was diseased or something?

lv4dogs
10-02-2006, 02:34 PM
Don't ya just love it when they roll in something "good". :p

The only thing you have to worry about, which is unlikely unless she actually ate it is tapeworms. Just keep an eye on her anus & feces for little white rice like segments. She should be fine though.

pitc9
10-02-2006, 03:02 PM
LOL... sorry I know I shouldn't be laughing... but Sierra does nasty stuff like that all the time!
You'd think that being the Princess that she is :rolleyes: she wouldn't like to smell like nasty stuff. WRONG!!!
I wouldn't worry about Molly catching something from rolling on it, eating it is another story!! Just ask little miss priss about the baby rabbit she ate half of and it gave her Coccidia! :eek:

Molly was just being a dog, a very nasty, gross dog!! :D
I hope we get pics of bathtime!!

BC_MoM
10-02-2006, 03:06 PM
Yeah. She is a nasty dog, lol. She's supposed to be a snobby city dog, but she's such a tomboy!

I'll try and get bath pics.. but she turns into a rabid dog at bath time. lol

Toby's my baby
10-02-2006, 04:02 PM
Lol, sounds like a typical thing that happens here on our farm!! I gave Autumn a bath one day after she got into a puddle of mud, then she came with me to bring one of the horses in, and there was horse poop on the ground and ...yep, you guessed it, she rolled RIGHT in it all over, moving rolling, EW. :p

Silly Molly!!

Tralee
10-02-2006, 04:27 PM
Thats nothing. Lady loves to roll in dead seals on the beach! That is really gross because it makes her fur all greasy.

sparks19
10-02-2006, 04:31 PM
I wouldn't worry about it too much except for getting that smell out.

When we were on vacation Teddy found a dead frog and rolled on it. I didn't think anything of it because he always rolls on the ground where dead worms are under the dirt but the stench was incredible. Luckily I brought his shampoo :D

They always love the stinky things.... why do we love dogs again? LOL j/k

BC_MoM
10-02-2006, 04:33 PM
They always love the stinky things.... why do we love dogs again? LOL j/k

That's a brilliant question! ;) lol!!

I gave Molly a bath.. she wasn't too pleased. I'm not letting her outside until after supper. lol I'm going to wash the area the mouse was laying in... I don't want her smelling like a dead rodent again!

Catlady711
10-02-2006, 04:55 PM
I gave Molly a bath.. she wasn't too pleased. I'm not letting her outside until after supper. lol I'm going to wash the area the mouse was laying in... I don't want her smelling like a dead rodent again!

ROFL, at first I was reading this too fast, I thought you said you gave the MOUSE a bath too!!! :eek: ROFL :p Had to re-read it because I just knew that couldn't have been what it said!. :D

Did you get any pix of Molly's bath?

BC_MoM
10-02-2006, 05:08 PM
ROFL, at first I was reading this too fast, I thought you said you gave the MOUSE a bath too!!! :eek: ROFL :p Had to re-read it because I just knew that couldn't have been what it said!. :D

Did you get any pix of Molly's bath?

Gosh, no! It freaked me out when I read that that's what you thought I said, lol!!

No pictures! :( My brother gave his friends camera back, and mine has been broken for a while now. I really miss having a camera.

Catlady711
10-02-2006, 05:26 PM
Yeah, having pets and no camera is just a real bummer. Course I do have a camera, and most of the time when the cats do something really cute, by the time I get the camera out, they stop doing it! waahhh. ROFL

k9krazee
10-02-2006, 06:34 PM
Ewwww Molly! You'd fit right in at the House of Hoodlums...rolling and/or killing animals is their favorite past time :rolleyes: I was home the weekend before last and the Hoodlums decided to kill a possum...so I spent my night bathing 4 bloody dogs!! There's nothing worse than that ;)

I'm super weary of the dogs being around dead animals now, since Micki most likely contracted Leptospirosis from a mouse that he killed in the yard :/ I'm not sure if its common in your area though.

BC_MoM
10-02-2006, 06:41 PM
A POSSUM? Wow! :eek:

I haven't heard of any Leptospirosis in our area.. but I'm going to go research it.

Any day you want Molly, you can take her. ;) I prefer civilized dogs! hehehe