PDA

View Full Version : Hotmail and MSN

Karen
10-02-2006, 12:59 PM
Hotmail and MSN are blocking emails from PetoftheDay.com. I think this is happening to everyone. I am not sure I know anything we can do about this. Please tell us if you know of anything!

MajesticCollies
10-02-2006, 01:00 PM
Thank God I have AOL for Dummies lol

Jessika
10-02-2006, 01:08 PM
Yay for GMail!! :D

Actually I use email from my own domain for PT to avoid getting my main inbox clogged with forum replies hehe

I'm glad MSN and Hotmail (well, MSN really because they own hotmail) have all these spam blockers in place but to be honest they are blocking more important emails than spam, for me, anyway.

Blue_Frog
10-02-2006, 01:15 PM
Is it blocking the domain entirely, or are they hitting the Junk Mail folder for the individual user? If its going to the Junk Mail box, maybe add Petoftheday.com to the safe senders list?

1. Log into Hotmail
2. Click on OPTIONS (is located to the far right of the screen, near the top)
3. Click on the 'Junk Email Protection' link
4. Click on the 'Safe List' link
5. Add @petoftheday.com (domain) and/or [email protected]

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n19/bluefrog_ca/safelist.jpg

Maybe that will stop filtering to the Junk Mail box?

Ginger's Mom
10-02-2006, 01:18 PM
Is this something you just noticed today? Because I received an e-mail yesterday from Pet of the Day without any problem.

Karen
10-02-2006, 01:52 PM
Just today, and it is blocking our entire domain, Blue Frog. We are not hotmail or msn customers, but suddenly cannot email them - the emails bounce back, saying

"sender was rejected.
Remote host said: 550 Command rejected for policy reasons."

BC_MoM
10-02-2006, 02:36 PM
That's really weird!! :eek: I hope it's just an error... A lot of people have @hotmail addressess..

Blue_Frog
10-03-2006, 11:33 AM
Ouch. :( Thats a tough one then -- and it looks like it suddenly started happening in mid-sept. to quite a few other people (based on google searches). Seems that MS changed its policies lately for hotmail / windows live, and it may be that the automatically generated emails from Petoftheday.com are making the site be flagged as spam.

http://listarchive.qmailrocks.org/message/20060912.214326.15cbeb79.html

The only information I can seem to find on the net says 'contact MS and ask what policy you are violating' - which doesn't help too much since MS isn't always the quickest to resolve these kinds of issues (i.e. if you're not giving them money, they really don't care).

I know that Gmail works just fine --- Anyone that wants a free account, feel free to PM / let me know and I can mail you an invite (at least for the interm until the Hotmail/MSN issue gets resolved).

Jessika
10-03-2006, 01:02 PM
I know that Gmail works just fine --- Anyone that wants a free account, feel free to PM / let me know and I can mail you an invite (at least for the interm until the Hotmail/MSN issue gets resolved).

Yes, same. I have lots of invites I can give out. also if you sign up with your cell phone (you just receive a text message verifying you have a cell phone) you can sign up for gmail without an invite. And they do not sell your cell number or even send any more text messages because I've done it a few times because I didn't want to wait on an invite, lol.

I also have email addresses available from my domain, aussielove.org, if you would like an aussielove.org email address let me know :)

Karen
10-03-2006, 01:34 PM
I called Microsoft yesterday, and got told what procedure to follow, and am still within the "24 hours for a response" window.

I also have 99 Gmail invites, if anyone wants one, but this also affects people who send in pet nominations and other quesries. It is frustrating not being able to reach those people, and I don't want to set up a gmail account for PetoftheDay.com - its our primary domain name, and been around for 9 years! We shouldn't have to change it now!!!

Karen
10-03-2006, 02:26 PM
Whew! It appears the block has been listed. This is a good opportunity to remind people that they should make sure the address in their pet Talk profile is correct, and to never, ever mark an email from Petoftheday.com as spam in order to easily delete it.

If you don't want to be subscribed to a thread because your email is filling up with notifications, you can go into your profile to "unsubscribe" to any given thread at any time.

catfamily
10-15-2006, 02:54 AM
That happened to me but I have Yahoo.com
And you told me to add pettalk or petoftheday to my address book and the problem was solved.
And for that...I thank you :)
Carla "catfamily"