PDA

View Full Version : Possible solution to Catmandu's problem with Animal Control

Don Juan's mom
10-01-2006, 10:01 PM
1. Buy some toddler toys. Fischer-Price are best: sturdy and no sharp edges. Scatter them around the living room floor.

2. Dress as many of the cats as you can catch in baby clothes.

3. Tell anyone who comes to the house that you are running a day-care center.

Problem solved! :cool:

Oh, wait.... You need a license to run a day-car center, don't you. :rolleyes:

All right. I'll think about this some more. :o

Liz

Catty1
10-01-2006, 10:45 PM
LOL! :D

Well....he can carry a FEW of them in snugglies.

Heck - some can be his nieces and nephews. Who's gonna know? :)

CultureJunky
10-02-2006, 02:35 AM
I have to admit I think some cats are better behaved and better looking than children! LOL!

jenluckenbach
10-02-2006, 06:10 AM
ROTFLOL

catmandu
10-02-2006, 09:53 AM
I have to correct you.
Its Animal Control that I am having trouble with.
The Animal Welfare Association have been Good Friends to the Found Cats and I, for many years.
And even the Animal Control is only doing thier jobs.
I hate to pour cold water on your plan, but the Found Cats seem to have, shall we say reservations about wearing baby clothes.
But we thank you, as we know your heart is in the right place.

Don Juan's mom
10-02-2006, 01:51 PM
I have to correct you.
Its Animal Control that I am having trouble with.
The Animal Welfare Association ahve been Good Friends to thhe Found Cats and I, for many years.

Sorry about that. I've corrected the title. :o

Next idea: On a cold day, say that the children are wearing fur coats to keep warm. :D

Liz

catmandu
10-02-2006, 03:55 PM
I have Good, actually Great News.
My house has been designated a Rescue Home so I will never have to worry about Animal Control.
So no more visits at all.
I am so relieved and happy.
Thank You for your ideas, they gave me a good laugh after Shemps passing.

zoey
10-02-2006, 04:14 PM
That's great! Haha. This thread gave me a chuckle. :D

momoffuzzyfaces
10-02-2006, 04:17 PM
My house has been designated a Rescue Home so I will never have to worry about Animal Control.
This is great news Gary!!!
What a relief for you and your furbabies!!! :D

Killearn Kitties
10-02-2006, 04:40 PM
So the Found Cats' Hotel is official? Oh Gary that is amazing news! I could not be happier! :D

phesina
10-02-2006, 05:27 PM
Congratulations, Gary and all the Found Cats and Angels and Porchies, on the Hotel becoming an official Rescue Home. You all together are a national treasure for Canada!

That is wonderful, no more worries or surprise visits from Animal Control, no more troubles from nasty neighbors.

Cheers!

Peony, Sydney, Priscilla, Poppy, Elmer, and Pat

catmandu
10-02-2006, 05:32 PM
Actually I almost got one of those childs slides as I though the Found Cats would like that.
But someone beat me to it.
I could see the Kitten Trio just having a great old time.

Prairie Purrs
10-02-2006, 06:19 PM
The Found Cats have always known that the Hotel is a Rescue Home--that's why they keep showing up. :D Good to know that the designation is now official. It would no doubt add points to the Found Cats Hotel's rating in the Feline Zagat's Guide, except that the FCH is already at the top of the scale!

momcat
10-02-2006, 06:20 PM
Oh Gary, that's WONDERFUL news :D :D :D :D :D I couldn't possibly be happier for you. And since the word is out that you have an upscale enterprise going, kitties will be lining up at your door.

Groucho is beside himself with joy at your great news... he's so happy that he's dancing the Alley Cat all over the room and mewing enough to drown out the Jazz Cat Band!

KitCat
10-02-2006, 06:29 PM
I'm so glad you got things sorted. When I was researching cat behavior the top reason for aggression was listed as being dressed in doll clothes. Nothing makes a cat angrier than offending their dignity! I'm glad you didn't have to resort to that!

kb2yjx
10-02-2006, 06:32 PM
Good to hear that you won't be having any more problems and you and the Found Cats can live in peace!!!!

rosethecopycat
10-02-2006, 08:53 PM
Celebration Dinner????

Concatulations! :D

Catty1
10-02-2006, 10:07 PM
Gary, that is WONDERFUL. So much less stress for you!

Congratulations! Temptations all around! :D

karlyb
10-03-2006, 12:43 AM
That is wonderful news, Gary! You can continue doing what you do so well: rescuing kitties at the Found Cats Hotel. You'll have kitties knocking down your door!

Logan
10-03-2006, 11:21 AM
Gary, I missed this latest news, yesterday! How wonderful for you and for the kitties!!!! :) :) What a relief!!!! :D This news made my day!!!

Don Juan's mom
10-03-2006, 12:21 PM
Like I said, tell folks that you're running a day care center.

Bet you have no trouble getting the kitties to take their naps! :D

Liz

Randi
10-03-2006, 12:56 PM
Gary, I'm SO happy for you!! Just imagine not having to worry about your kitties ever again. Celebration time! :D

krazykitties
10-03-2006, 06:48 PM
what was the problem with animal control??

K & L
10-03-2006, 07:57 PM

WOO HOO!!! Wonderful news Gary! Good things happen to good people!

ShylanHal
10-03-2006, 09:55 PM
I'm glad they've finally stopped pestering you, Catmandu! But I'm curious, what about the dude that had filed the complaint in the first place? Is he still complaining, or was that just a one time thing?

Sorry I've been gone, school has just come around, and as much as other people say that the senior year is the easiest, it's really not.

Congrats with the Found Cat Hotel!

smokey the elder
10-04-2006, 08:12 AM
I'm glad the Hotel was designated a rescue home. Now it really is open 24 hours! :p