PDA

View Full Version : Ahhh Spaying appointment almost here!

Presley
06-02-2002, 03:20 PM
I am so nervous.. Presley goes into the vets on the 5th and is staying over night as we live about a hour away from the vets and i can't get over there by 8am to drop her off. She comes home the 6th in the evening and i'm starting to get so worried.. I am scared something wrong will happen.. I am worried she will feel lonely and scared at the vets all alone... I want more then anything just to keep her home with me! Why does the 5th have to be coming up so quickly!!!!
My poor girl is going to be so achie! I know i have to spay her.. All my options of ever breeding her are gone now because of her seizures she had. I know this is best for her but i am so worried..
lets make this may again so i have more time to prepare!!!!

slleipnir
06-02-2002, 05:41 PM
Don't worry about it :] your pups will be fine! If it helps, I've seen a TON of spays and they all went great! When Jo came back from her spaying she was so happy to see me, I don't think she thought of the pain, she was so excited to see me. I'm sure your will too! She might be a little sore, but just comfort her and she'll feel good as new in no time!

AdoreMyDogs
06-02-2002, 06:13 PM
Presley will be fine. Try not to stress out too much about it. It's the right thing that you are doing and within a week or two after the surgery you will see Presley back to her old self completely. The pain should only last a day or so. By the third day I am sure you'll have to be reminding Presley that she still has sutures and she can't run and jump as much as she wants to. She'll be ready and rearing to go :)

I do understand your nervousness, but she'll be fine.

anna_66
06-02-2002, 06:29 PM
Melissa & Presley, everything will be fine! Although I do understand how nervous you are for your sweet baby. But don't worry:) she will get through it just fine! And remember, we're here for you!

mugsy
06-02-2002, 07:01 PM
Melissa, don't stress yourself out about this. It is the healthiest best choice you can make for Presley and I'm sure the vet has done hundreds of these surgeries without incident. Given your circumstance I'm sure that's the only reason that Presley will have to stay over, not because there is a big risk. Presley will thank you later. Trust me, having had to deal with Jessie being in heat and subsequent pregnancy (which was terminated when we had her spayed at the recommendation of the vet), it's NOT a fun thing...she was worse than ANY woman I've EVER seen PMSing! lol

Good luck and let us know how it goes. We'll be thinking of Presley!!

Dixieland Dancer
06-03-2002, 12:38 PM
Prayers for Presley to have a successful procedure and for Melissa to not worry too much. I was a basket case when I had Dixie spayed though. After two days she was doing great again.

Just have special treats on hand and a nice comfy place for her to lay when she comes home. She will forgive you!

tatsxxx11
06-03-2002, 12:58 PM
Melissa, you've made the most responsible, loving choice for Presely! I know it's scary, but try not to worry to much! Most of us have gone through this already, so we know how you feel. Anytime we leave our babies we are a basket case! But, the surgery will be over before you know it and Presley will be home in your arms, safe and sound. And if she's anything like my Labbie, or others Labs I have known, she'll be wanting to play and run too soon!!:D Hugs to you and Presley from Sandra, Star and Cody!

lizbud
06-04-2002, 02:30 PM
Just wanted to wish you & Presley the best of luck
tomorrow. I'm sure it's much harder on you that it will
be for Sweet Presley girl.:) You both will be in my thoughts
and prayers.:) Hugs to Presley from Liz & Buddy.

Presley
06-04-2002, 04:41 PM
Liz Thank you so very much..
Thank you everyone. It is something that is hard to do because i don't want her in any harm or pain and i'm so worried but it is for the best. Thank you all so much :)