PDA

View Full Version : house hunting

cali
10-01-2006, 12:30 AM
well my mom and I are looking to move, we have to get out of this house because the room needs about 4 grand in repairs that we cannot afford and that roof will NOT last another winter. plus my brother just moved out(to a REALLY classy apartment with his girlfriend) so its just my mom and me in a 1200 sq. ft 4 bedroom house, so were were quoted 97 grand as the worth of this house, so we are looking to sell it now and snatch up a smaller place. well we dounf this gorgous house for sale, its 79 grand, 1000 sq. ft, maybe its not to other peoples liking, but this house is perfect for us, the back yard is huge and beatifully landscaped with trees and gardens and a little pond...not fenced though, but that can be worked around. the house itself is gorgous, the carpet has already been ripped up and replaced with lamenat flooring(goodflooring is a must, the idiots that designed the house I live in right now put SOFTwood in the dining room and GLUED the carpet down), the front had a fenced and covered deck, so stick a gate on the opening, and build a sort of doggielitter box and voila you have a fenced potty area, exersize would not get reduced because the house is accross the streetfrom the dog park. this house sounds so perfect, I am dying to see it in RL lol

BC_MoM
10-01-2006, 12:31 AM
EEEEE! That sounds great!! :D Right across from the DP? SWEET!

We need pictures!! :D

cali
10-01-2006, 12:38 AM
here are a few pics from the listing:

http://pictures.mls.ca/mls/reb28/highres/5/2277451.jpg

Kitchen

http://pictures.mls.ca/mls/reb28/highres/5/2277453.jpg

back yard:
http://pictures.mls.ca/mls/reb28/highres/5/2277458.jpg

http://pictures.mls.ca/mls/reb28/highres/5/2277459.jpg

BC_MoM
10-01-2006, 12:53 AM
Not to others' liking?? Shayna, it's GORGEOUS! I've always wanted a house like that! A beautiful character home!!!!!

Tollers-n-Dobes
10-01-2006, 12:54 AM
It sounds and looks great, Shayna! Good luck :). I hope you and your mom will be able to buy it!

cali
10-01-2006, 12:57 AM
oh I agree the place is gorgous and its practicly my dream home lol I say it must not be to others likeing because the only reason its in our price range is that they wernt getting any offers and had to drop the price lol maybe its there just for us and nobody has taken it cause its waiting for us lol

binka_nugget
10-01-2006, 01:19 AM
It looks great!!

You guys aren't moving to BC anymore?

cali
10-01-2006, 01:35 AM
moving to BC right now just isnt workable, the cost of living is way too high, the plan is still in the works but it isents happening right now and we have to get out of this house beforw winter hits lol

buttercup132
10-01-2006, 09:16 AM
Wow that house is really pretty/cute. Thats smaller??? I think its still looks pretty big lol. I LOVE the looks of the backyard I think it would look nice with a little inground pool in the backyard, if there was room.

I really hope you get this house it sounds perfect for you!

Zippy
10-01-2006, 09:21 AM
that house is beauitful :D Hope you get it looks like a cozy house.

cali
10-01-2006, 12:53 PM
lol my house currently is 1200 sq. ft plus a full finnished basment, this one they have listed as 1002 sq ft but appartly there is actually only 800 and some sq. ft of actual living space, so it is quite a bit smaller then what I am used too, the cost of living in my city is VERY cheap, so a smaller amount of money will go WAAAAAYYYYYY farther here then it would in most places

Lori Jordan
10-01-2006, 01:15 PM
Any home can have potential,IMO i would never buy a brand new home the house i live in was built in 1959,But...I can have things the way i want them,That house looks very nice and clean.....I would love to live there,Hopefully you and your mom get the home.

cali
10-01-2006, 01:21 PM
oh we would never buy brand new house either, our current house was built in '46 and that house we want was built is 1913 lol

I forgot to mention that as an added bonus the area around the house in undeveloped, its surounded by empty lots lol

cali
10-01-2006, 02:44 PM
ok love the house, love the location, but it has been on the market for a year and a half, the basment is really bad and the stairs are so narrow it would be very hard to get anything up them, we still like it and its still in consideration though, heck the yard may not be fenced but it comes with a dog run lol the style and surroundings is like living in a small town out in the country. we like it and it is certainly not out of the question, but its probably not the best choice :(