PDA

View Full Version : Question about Nutro

Uabassoon
09-30-2006, 11:43 PM
On the dog side of the boards people have mentioned that Nutro has changed their formula to make it cheaper to produce. Now several wal-marts are starting to carry Nutro brand pet food. I was wondering if anyone here had heard about it. Last month both Corkscrew and Pocky seemed to have very sensitive stomachs and vomited a few times. They are doing fine now and haven't vomited in a while, but I'm wondering if maybe it was due to a change in formula.

If this is true then I'm going to look into switching them to something higher quality, does anyone have any reccomendations?

Craftlady
10-01-2006, 07:20 AM
http://www.uncaged.co.uk/news/2002/asa2.htm

This is site in UK that had the 2002 article that was printed in Washington Post.
Nutro was challenging Iams for changing formula's and putting into grocery stores.

I did a search on actual Nutro site and they are still only selling to Pet Stores or like places.

It appears only change they did (Nutro) was make their kibble smaller, which my gang of 4 loves the new size. :)

kimlovescats
10-01-2006, 03:50 PM
Why can't these companies just lower the prices some, and make it more affordable WITHOUT lessening the quality! :rolleyes:

catmandu
10-01-2006, 04:11 PM
Thats a good point Kim.
Purina claims that thier food is almost as good as Science Diet, but at 35% of the price.
They claim that Science Diet, Iams and Nutro are living off thier reptations.
I hope that this isnt true about Nutro as the Found Cats love the Complete Indoor Formulas.

Don Juan's mom
10-01-2006, 10:13 PM
Thats a good point Kim.
Purina claims that thier food is almost as good as Science Diet, but at 35% of the price.
They claim that Science Diet, Iams and Nutro are living off thier reptations.
I hope that this isnt true about Nutro as the Found Cats love the Complete Indoor Formulas.

Don Juan and Zerlina love Nutro Indoor Formula, too! And Zerlina loves her little Nutro pouch treats.

I usually get Nutro at Petsmart, as I can often get a buck or two off with my Pet Perks card.

Liz

Jessika
10-01-2006, 10:17 PM
It was confirmed they changed their formula and added soybean oil to a few formulas (Charlie is allergic and makes him ITCHY!!!) so I switched to Canidae.

What really IRRITATES!!!!!!!!! me is the fact that they do not even announce these formula changes!! If it weren't for places like PT or dogster forums, I would have never known and poor Charlie would have had to suffer until I found otu what caused the problem. :(