PDA

View Full Version : Do you like doggy kisses? ;)

wolf_Q
09-30-2006, 08:13 PM
I know we're all dog lovers here but that doesn't mean we all like a dogs favorite way of showing affection...licking! I've met several dog lovers who hate it when their dogs lick them, especially in the face. I personally like dog kisses, as long as they're not drooling! Nebo is not an overly affectionate dog so it's nice when he shows some affection by giving kisses. :) It helps that he doesn't have stinky breath too lol.

timlewis
09-30-2006, 08:25 PM
i dont really mind them as long as she doesnt lick my lips, she had a dead rat this morning. lol

Tollers-n-Dobes
09-30-2006, 08:29 PM
Depends on the dog for me. I'll let Tango lick me but I don't like it when the other three or strange dogs lick me. Tango tends to get a little crazy once she starts though, so I only let her do it once or twice and then tell her to stop.

Dorothy39
09-30-2006, 08:39 PM
I'll allow dog kisses on my hands , arms, and cheeks~~~ but I'm not partial to sloppy drool all over my mouth or my eyes!!! :D

Chihuahua kisses are like Butterflies!!! While, German Shepard Kisses can require paper toweling. :D

But, in general , I welcome dog kisses!!!

Cincy'sMom
09-30-2006, 08:44 PM
You can't have Sadie and not like doggie kisses!! She is supper affectionate and will sneak attach when you least expected it. Cincy and Spot are more sparring with their kisses, but still give them.

dogzr#1
09-30-2006, 08:44 PM
I love all sorts of doggy kisses! By any dog, anywhere. Face, mouth, hands, arms anywhre!
Molly does it all the time, and she does it violently but I still like it. Astra does it too, but not as often and when she does it is very gently. I like her kisses. Prince does it VERY rarely. It's so cute when he does kiss you though. His tounge is so little! :p

BC_MoM
09-30-2006, 08:46 PM
I love doggy kisses! Especially Molly's... her tongue is so soft! The only time I don't like it is when Mickey sticks his tongue in my MOUTH. :eek:

sanford8916
09-30-2006, 09:03 PM
Winchester only kisses once or twice at a time, and you usually can tell when you are going to get one. Lou Lou on the other hand is a sneak attacker! She will get you anywhere her tongue can reach, nothing like getting your eye dried out by a dog kiss :p and she would keep kissing you until you tell her to stop! :D I love kisses as long as they don't get me in the mouth or eye.

Vette
09-30-2006, 09:14 PM
I love kisses as long as they don't get me in the mouth or eye.

Ditto!!

Ginger's Mom
09-30-2006, 09:26 PM
Neither of my dogs ever got too carried away giving doggie kisses, so I love them. As a matter of fact we went to Pet-palozza last weekend, where several rescue agencies had booths set up, and one had a beagle dressed up in a beautiful princess outfit sitting in a booth that said "Doggie kisses-$1.00". I put a dollar in the jar, and the dog immediately stood on her hind legs and gave me a kiss. It was so cute. :)

Riptide
09-30-2006, 09:27 PM
I looooooooove doggie kisses!

cali
09-30-2006, 09:34 PM
any ol dog can lick on on the kips if they want lol as long as they dont get to crazy I like it, now Ripley is annoying, her insists on licking your mouth, but it licks so hard that its really painful on the jaws because your trying to keep your mouth shut. perky is not allowed to kiss me, her tounge is like sandpaper the last time I let her lick my face, my skin was litterally RAW for more then a week, it hurt so bad.

luvofallhorses
09-30-2006, 09:36 PM
I LOVE doggie kisses!!!! :D I think pit bull kisses are truly the best. :)

cyber-sibes
09-30-2006, 09:41 PM
I like doggie kisses, I can always count on a quick little kiss or two from Sherman, but I have to beg Star. She'll kiss just about anybody else but me. She only kisses me if I have been away a couple days or more. Other than that she'll sniff my face, but won't kiss me. Maybe I have bad breath? :p
My RB Rosie was a kissin' fool! she loved to lick you, anywhere your skin showed. She used to lick my huband's head (he's bald) when he drove the car! she'd lick your face, your hands, and even your toes in the summer, which really tickled! Never had to ask Rosie twice for a kiss!

Logan
09-30-2006, 09:43 PM
I answered that I love them, Amy, but I have to tell you, that I love them sometimes more than I love them others. If I am dressed for work or preparing a meal, the last thing I want is them to be licking on me or rubbing up next to me. Other times, I welcome them.

Scott can't stand to be licked and gives them a lecture, every time! LOL!!!! :p

animal_rescue
09-30-2006, 09:43 PM
I don't like them! I mean it's ok on my hand or something, but I absolutely do not like my face being licked. Except Marty can because he's sad and keeps trying to tell me how much he loves me. lol

M&M's Mommy
10-01-2006, 12:41 AM
Ewww.

I don't like being licked all over the places, so I taught them the "Give mommy a kiss" command, where they will just give me one lick on my lips, cheek, or hand or whatever I place directly in front of their mouth.

They also know the "Nose" command where they'll lift their little face & touch nose with me without licking :)

Daisy and Delilah
10-01-2006, 06:35 AM
Delilah is a kissing maniac! She loves to give kisses but I have to make her stop before she licks your face off. I love a few kisses from her. Daisy, on the other paw, is not a kisser at all. She gave me a rare kiss last night after I came home from work and it was the cutest thing ever. No kisses from her unless she's extremely happy. Daisy's kisses are like butterfly kisses but Delilah would take your skin off if given the chance :)

Cookiebaker
10-01-2006, 06:39 AM
I voted "Tolerate them" because sometimes I love them, and sometimes I get a little tired of them. Emerson is a non-stop licker, and after a while it can get on my nerves. :o Poor Emerson, he just wants to love his mommy. :( But I taught him "No Kisses!" and "Gimme a Kiss" and it has gotten a lot better since then. :)

BitsyNaceyDog
10-01-2006, 07:01 AM
I don't love them or hate them, so I guess I tolerate them. I don't mind it if they just give a lick or two, but when they don't stop it starts to bother me.

Poor Emerson, he just wants to love his mommy. :( But I taught him "No Kisses!" and "Gimme a Kiss" and it has gotten a lot better since then. :)
I taught Nacey "kiss" and she will run up to me with excitement and give me one kiss on the face. It's so cute how excited she gets.

gemini9961
10-01-2006, 08:24 AM
I like them. I welcome kisses from all of my dogs as well as other dogs. Grant will lick me to death if I let him while the girls have soft, gentle kisses.

Miss Z
10-01-2006, 08:57 AM
I tolerate them and I do think it's cute. I was once licked all over the face by a St Bernard, not the best of experiences :p

elizabethann
10-01-2006, 02:06 PM
I've never met a dog whose kisses I didn't like. :D

pitc9
10-01-2006, 02:20 PM
I love them!
Both of mine give nice kisses! Not too sloppy!
Just Right! :p

Danegirl2208
10-01-2006, 02:39 PM
i love em :D

Husky15
10-01-2006, 07:35 PM
I love them! Belle's kisses are never too sloppy so they're just right. Giving kisses is her favorite thing to do and she can do it on command too.

sammy101
10-01-2006, 07:41 PM
Of course i love them. :D

Tralee
10-01-2006, 08:00 PM
I love dog kisses except after Toby drank from the toliet. Toby will give anyone he meets a kiss.

k9krazee
10-02-2006, 07:41 PM
I loooooooooooooove kisses...from everybody except Kyra :o She can be a maniac and loves to stick her tiny little tongue up your nose...not the most pleasant experience :o

K9soul
10-02-2006, 09:44 PM
I voted tolerate, since I'm in the middle of the road like Anna. Sometimes I love them and other times not so much (i.e. if we have just had a long hike and Tommy is all slobber-mouthed and I'm hot and worn out :p). I enjoy Tasha's more, she has a soft tongue and her kisses aren't as "wet." I don't care for being completely slimed in the face.. so I just went for a middle of the road answer :)

Pembroke_Corgi
10-02-2006, 10:10 PM
I voted "tolerate them." They are nice when they are special, but Adele licks ALL THE TIME, and it gets old!! :D